Sign in to follow this  
deadmeat

Increased risk of customs issues with multiple purchases?

deadmeat

This might sound like a noobish and kinda stupid question, but I wanted to check with the experienced. Do you believe you incur more "risk" of having a customs issue if you purchase a shit-ton of reps at one time - even (or maybe especially) if from multiple sources? I have heard that especially in the US, confiscations are rare, but I wonder if any more flags are raised if you have 10 or so pieces coming from several dealers all going to the same address at roughly the same time.

Balad1

Never have more than 3 reps at a time packed per parcel.

In the US weight is a factor in what they check (EU/UK?).

Believe me I learned the hard way.

edit: Additionally do not have multiple parcels clearing customs at the same time, no matter how many reps per parcel.

Edited by Balad1

deadmeat

Good advice - I have only purchased a maximum of 3 per dealer, but have made several dealer purchases over something like a 3-day period (actually a total of about 15 watches). So no single dealer will be shipping out more than 2 or 3 to me - just wonder if someone somewhere might say "man, this dud has like 5 or 6 packages coming out of *insert province here*, we should pay special attention".

Balad1

Good advice - I have only purchased a maximum of 3 per dealer, but have made several dealer purchases over something like a 3-day period (actually a total of about 15 watches). So no single dealer will be shipping out more than 2 or 3 to me - just wonder if someone somewhere might say "man, this dud has like 5 or 6 packages coming out of *insert province here*, we should pay special attention".

Yes, that can be an issue; it was for me when 2 parcels of 3 reps each hit customs at the same time and they seized both.

deadmeat

Fuck I hope that isnt the case - the waiting continues.

Balad1

Fuck I hope that isnt the case - the waiting continues.

My dealer sent both parcels out at the exact same time and thet hit the customs table together.

Needless to say I was SOL.

PS: Maybe from different dealers and different looking parcels it won't be a problem.

cvp3

I've purchased around 70 reps. The biggest orders have been from Mary at WI. She always splits the order and not sure of how she accomplishes the second part, but they seem to "clear" from a different post office each time. Both in NY, but different sub-stations each time. Dumb luck? Not sure, but so far everything's made it in just fine. Now off to go find some wood to knock on as I've got 5 in bound now including the Tony super-mega-uber deal.

jacabean

I think the rule is no more than 3 watches per package

dingle

Balad speaks the truth here.

Luthier

I never ask to ship more than 2 watches, mate.

If the Custom will see 3 or more - they'll suspect it's for resale, and then you're dead meat.

:D

deadmeat

I never ask to ship more than 2 watches, mate.

If the Custom will see 3 or more - they'll suspect it's for resale, and then you're dead meat.

:D

Guess I'd be double deadmeat.....

Well, some good news at any rate, I received 2 of my orders yesterday (one 3-watch package rather deftly packaged in a Monster headphone box, complete with new shrink-wrap!) and one 4-watch order. Waiting on the rest, but I will certainly keep the limit in mind from now on.

Hazz

I've purchased around 70 reps. The biggest orders have been from Mary at WI. She always splits the order and not sure of how she accomplishes the second part, but they seem to "clear" from a different post office each time. Both in NY, but different sub-stations each time. Dumb luck? Not sure, but so far everything's made it in just fine. Now off to go find some wood to knock on as I've got 5 in bound now including the Tony super-mega-uber deal.

re Tony, due to my recent seizure, I asked him to wrap slightly different to normal. loved his reply....Ant I know how to wrap just loved it made me smile.