Sign in to follow this  
mrbluesky

Calibre De Cartier....?

mrbluesky

Hi guys, I have been looking for a Calibre De Cartier replica (white face and body, black strap OR rose gold with brown strap), and wanted to see if anyone has one, if so what the quality was like and more importantly the movement - I fully understand it is going to be nowhere near the real deal, but just want to know I will have something that will stand up to modest scrutiny after a few beers in the local bar! So specifically:

Will a replica have the 28000bph (or there abouts) which gives the gliding impression of the second hand?

What detail will be on the back? The calibre has see through and auto movement, will this be a close match, or simply solid steel back?

Does anyone own a replica in this model, and can you reccomend?

Cheers

conx

I got a silver on SS bracelet with an Asian2824 clone movement for a friend. He liked it so much he now has the gen ! It is actually very close to gen in looks, but the movement is definately different through the display caseback, but who would really know ?

The sweep on the small seconds dial is very smooth.

Luthier

Go to Cartier subforum, and do your research. Also, read tons of our threads about watches and movements. Educate yourself.

THEN, if you'll not understand something - ask questions.

Also, it would be nice to introduce yourself in the 1st post, not to ask recommendations. You can find everything by yourself.

myaz

Welcome,

You'll find the Calibre in the TDs' offerings with a 21J or the 2824. The latter has the 28.8KBPH. It's a very good looking but thick watch.

I have a fairly inaccurate 21J version but love its looks (see below). You'll see that the TDs currently have a closer version. Luthier is blunt, very blunt but will go out of his way to help you once you do the "homework". Do follow his advice.

MLTIMG002a.jpg

MLTIMG001a.jpg

Greed

My dad saw it in a magazine at the dentist and wanted me to order one.

Not the version you are talking about, but just to give you an impression of a +-$120 rep.

I'll try to make some more pictures soon. I only took this one:

IMG_0634.jpg

Edited by Greed

wat44

There are also homages of this watch, I have one

barnezy318

Hi, does anyone else have this? Looking to get one too.

Waipio Jeff
do a search I know I have posted pix of mine in more than one thread.

barnezy318
do a search I know I have posted pix of mine in more than one thread.

I have. I just wanted to know how people who have one, find it?

Kcore

Guys/gals, do as Luthier suggested. In the main Forum of RWG, you'' see the sefction called "Watch Reviews." There will be listed all the watch manufacturer names. Simply click on Cartier, then scroll down. There are at least 4 discussions of the Calibre model, incl. a review & pics.

R5tdi

Fully agree look in the cartier area also here are some pics from mine

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=48410&hl=&fromsearch=1

Great watch I got mine from timeshops it is the white face with the ss subdial so closest to gen you get

Movement is the 2824 so very robust and reliable gained about 4 mins in a week

Overall feel is quality I went for the bracelet rather than the strap and I'm glad I did adds to the overall feel of the watch

If you look in the timeshops new arrivals section he has also some RG versions now,I can't attest if they are gen like as I only compared the white face when I purchased mine

TheInthusiest

Some people need to chill out on people asking questions on their first post.

They should just answer them and tell them politely via an PM to go an look up the rules of the forum.

barnezy318

Some people need to chill out on people asking questions on their first post.

They should just answer them and tell them politely via an PM to go an look up the rules of the forum.

Agreed, it makes the forum seem a bit cliquey to new comers, who come with good intentions and could potentially be valued contributors in the future. As for me, I did look in the reviews section, but wanted to ask the opinion of someone who had had it for a longer period, not just someone who'd received one and done a first thoughts review.

k3rm87

Great watch, build quality is excellent. See through caseback is a bit of an issue though, (mine has a gold plated 21j with Cartier on the rotor).

Because the seconds hand is so small it looks smooth and you cannot tell the difference.