Sign in to follow this  
dalboy

Generosity beyond belief ..must read this !!! Pic heavy ,

dalboy

As some of you may remember a few weeks back i asked if anyone had a Panerai California they would consider selling....I have been searching for one of these babie's for ages...The more seasoned members here will know that production of these ceased 3 or so years ago..and even while in production numbers were limited.... ................here is the link to my original post...

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=34468

It's true that a couple of the dealers here can get the quartz version.....but thats not i was after ..the 7750 Auto was the model of choice..dont see many around.." rare as rocking horse shit " would better describe them..

Anyway..Oscar ( madfish ) said that he had one but it did not work.....we would arrange a price if i could get it repaired....no problem..

In the interim , and unknown to me my good friend Anthony (Hazz ) contacted Oscar and between the pair of them some skullduggery took place..the consequence of which was that a mod had offered to repair it F.O.C and as such was no longer avaliable.. i was disapointed, but thought " oh well it wasn't meant to be "

Imagine my surprise when yesterday the postie knocked at my door with a delivery....i could feel through the packaging it was a watch, but i have nothing coming a.t.m..

Well fuck my old boots .it was the California....you could have knocked me down with a feather..i knew straight away who had sent it........was me old mate Anthony..

Turns out Oscar had given it F.O.C to Ant , who then stripped it down and repaired it....i was unaware of all this between them two guys untill i got it yesterday....

THANKYOU...............Oscar. ( Madfish )...words fail me ..you are a top guy indeed.......Thankyou..

THANKYOU .............Ant......( Hazz )...I count myself lucky to have such a genuine bloke as a friend.......even though you are one slippery devil..Thankyou very much..

I am still walking around in disbelief..not at the watch ( although it is very nice ) but at the gesture of goodwill from two people to another...

A word of advice to all the other members here ..." Never sit down to play cards with these two..you may lose more than your shirt "

No on to the pics..the build quality on this thing is just awesome.. you decide..

Dal.........

P1030750.jpgP1030748.jpgP1030747.jpgP1030746.jpgP1030741.jpgP1030736.jpgP1030735.jpg

Admin please feel free to move this to whatever section you feel appropriate, was going to put it in m2m sales feed back ..but as its not a sale .posted in G.D instead...

scorpion

Wow awesome looking, what a couple of amazing guys. How they managed to give such a great watch away is incredible, I bet they keep looking at it and thinking, mmmm I wonder if Dal really really needs this!!!!

Edited by scorpion

Cyril_Clunge

God I love this place!

Thank you Oscar and Ant for this wonderful gesture :thumbsup2:

MW1

She is gorgeous!

Corv99

thats fekking brilliant!

well done guy's superb gesture..... and yet another example of our great community on here!!

Leigh

Wow just wow - you guys are great. Just glad to be here!

Del

Awesome mate! :thumbsup2:

Fantastic generosity from Oscar and Ant too! :clap:

(I think this is fine in the G.D. section btw. ;) )

onionbag

Aw you guys.......... :wub:................ :D

A wonderfully human gesture by two lovely fellas. :thumbsup:

Nisv

Congrats :thumbsup2:

Kudos to Oscar & Hazz, awesome!

PetshaFey

Nice!

Luthier

We, Californians, are the most generous people on Earth, it's well know, and now you have the proof.

:D

Well done, mates, big cheers to Oscar and Hazz!!!

You, lucky bastard... Congrats to you too!

midasmook

I have to admit I knew about this as Ant. had shown me it as he was working on it. Great gesture from great guys.

Deyd

Sounds great ! :huh:

edwinowl

Fantastic story that, and very typical of this site I'm glad to say. Big up to Oscar and Ant top stuff guys. Watch looks stunning, I'm jealous Dal! Wear it well pal.

oscarmadfish

RWG is the best for a reason - BIG thanks to Ant and BIG enjoy to Dal

LMPAZ

Classy gesture! Wear it in health.

jeffw69

Beautiful watch & an awesome gesture! Wow!

dalboy

Beautiful watch & an awesome gesture! Wow!

Awesome sums it up Jeff...

DFH

Awesome display of generosity - one of the reasons I love this place so much!!!

Congrats on a beautiful new piece, Dal - couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow - you are one of a kind!

And to Oscar & Ant - this gesture speaks volumes with respect to your fine character - proud to count you both as RWG brothers...

Excuse me while I reach for a tissue.... ( no, Jeff - not for that reason - I'll leave that to your Kermit avatar!!! :giggle: )

This thread made my day...

DeLaForce

Nice to hear :) enjoy it!

Hazz

And from me a massive thanks to Oscar for refusing to accept any money, I am going to donate to RWG on his behalf.

And of course , me. the the leading UK watchmaker in the making :hehehe:

Enjoy it Dal.

Pihlippe

WOW what an awesome gesture!

Very nice watch mate! :)

dalboy

And from me a massive thanks to Oscar for refusing to accept any money, I am going to donate to RWG on his behalf.

And of course , me. the the leading UK watchmaker in the making :hehehe:

Enjoy it Del.

Thanks Ant..

You have just promoted me to ranks of Mod.. :giggle:

Dal..

Sparkal
:clap:

onzenuub

Great gesture, enjoy the watch. :)