Sign in to follow this  
Axisbogner

Part needed on DSSD band

Axisbogner

Folks, I could use some help finding a small part missing on my DSSD band. I got the watch from Angus recently and didn't notice the problem until now. I need a replacement for the small part below on the right.

va4y4eda.jpg

The part belongs inside the adjustable DSSD band

a7erady6.jpg

There are two of these sliders - one on each side. My watch only came with one. Rep quality, what can I say. Because one slider is missing, the latch for the adjustable band doesn't hold properly.

Thanks for your help.

Luthier

It's not a "rep. quality", it's a lack of quality control. Ask Angus to send you this part.

LightGeek

Haha I posted the same thing in the WTB. Luckily my M2M seller actually had it someplace and it should be enroute. What you can do in the meantime is loosen the screw closest to that part. What will happen is the screw will protrude just enough to hold the glidelock in a position you want without flipping out.

Axisbogner

Good tip lightgeek. Thank you. I communicated with PT and they don't have the part and can't get it. They want me to send it in for repair, but I'm not sure why if they can't get the part. Besides, last time I sent a watch in for repair, it was 2 months without the watch.

If anyone else happens to know where I can buy this part, please let me know. Thank you.

Hazz

Good tip lightgeek. Thank you. I communicated with PT and they don't have the part and can't get it. They want me to send it in for repair, but I'm not sure why if they can't get the part. Besides, last time I sent a watch in for repair, it was 2 months without the watch.

If anyone else happens to know where I can buy this part, please let me know. Thank you.

Send it where for repair ? back to them, so they can fit the part......ask them to send a replacement bracelet......simples !

Axisbogner

Easier said than done. After a week of trying to communicate with them, they won't explain what they are "repairing". I just don't get it. If they don't have the part - what is PT going to do with the band once they receive it?

Anyhow, they've so far refused to send the part to me, which is the obvious preferable route. I don't want the watch to take two trips through customs just for that little part. Should I try to communicate with Angus on PM or some other route? I'm afraid the PT repair dept. may just be following protocol.

Thanks.

LightGeek

If you find one let me know! Maybe we can split the cost of a used glidelock bracelet :)

Axisbogner

OK, good idea.

Mattr845

i ve got a complete noob dssd clasp but i final locks is slightly bent and scratch rest is good condition pm me, if the mods done mine as i ve not got 50 post yet so cant list it for you

Axisbogner

I finally got the watch back from angus. He was able to get the watchband fixed fortunately. Just a 3 month wait. I enjoyed the strap on it in the mean time. Anyhow, thank you angus.

J.Eric

Glad to hear everything worked out.

nofitstate

I'm missing the exact same part on my newly delivered DSSD.

The TD has said they will send me a new clasp but in the meantime if anyone has that small part going spare send me a PM.

Cheers.