Sign in to follow this  
Rolexrudy

My long anticipated SUB review (not a Bert this time)

Rolexrudy

Hey guys , I know (based on my flame free threads) that many have been waiting on my review of my first quality rep ... (I have 2 economy Bert's and I like them but were talking a whole new animal with this one) I joined on here not knowing shit about watches -- and I still don't know shit yet but I'm getting better and I'm loving my new hobby.

I got this baby from a dealer that's trusted on our sister site (WBK) ...

Model : Sub-C (ceramic)

Review: This thing is amazing its the nicest watch I've ever owned and I love it -- I don't know about gens but I know that if I saw this on someone's wrist I'd say nice Rolex....

That sums up my review .. Its perfect to me and I love it.

Notes : I did the adjustments on it (thanks to all who helped me in flame free) ... it's almost perfect fitting but I want to know if I can loosen it just a smidge ? If I add another link she will he too long (I removed two links using my Walmart precision tools kit) ... There are 2 hidden links under the clasp I saw a YouTube video of someone adjusting that on a sub I don't know if it was gen or not.

Second Note : I think this is a "noob factory"( idk what the hell that is) -- how do I adjust the time ? I'm still in shock over her and don't want to pull/twist anything wrong !!

Note 3 : Do you guys know the proper way to clean her ? Not polish I assume , maybe a blue scotch brite pad?

Pictures : Here ya go !!! Excuse the iPads shitty camera.

This thing is a work of art ... I may not know much about watches -- but I'm learning quickly and I can say that this is the nicest piece of jewlrey I've owned in my life and I'm amazed at the quality (and service) by WBK. Here's some pics ... I only have an iPad so my photos arent the best quality.

736a354b839d46fed66ed92a7cf8af4e.jpg

d8cf3320fd2c8a1f3967d990b15bbe07.jpg

14dd1c43c563cb55b8c774a0be4eee88.jpg

7c30a989fc6edae014d4aa550d681619.jpg

33406377ba13fe1306ce8b581945fd52.jpg

jeffw69

Man, it's BREIT, not Bert!

Enjoy your Rolux.

Sjors

Looks good! And the the quality of the picture's aren't that bad :D

Enjoy!

JohnPilot

Ernie then if its not Bert?

Bert+and+Ernie+vintage.jpg

Nice watch, enjoy.

Rolexrudy

Thanks for all the great replys.

Can anyone tell me how to set the time and can I loosen the links hidden in the clasp ? I can't get the screw to show.

Sjors

Thanks for all the great replys.

Can anyone tell me how to set the time and can I loosen the links hidden in the clasp ? I can't get the screw to show.

Unscrew the "Crown" If that is what you call it :P

Pull it gently out, the first settings is for the Date. Second is to change the time :D

Xebryus

It's a screw down crown. You have to unscrew it counter clockwise and it'll pop out. You can wind it from that position. Pull it out once to set date, and one more time for time

Luthier

What movement?

fuplayer

You have a glide lock clasp on the sub-c. Just pull up on the bracelet inside the clasp and slide the bracelet in or out for micro adjustment. It should snap back in to lock.

fuplayer

What movement?

I have a few from WBK. All 21J.

Luthier

Then... what is so wonderful about this Sub?

Sjors

Then... what is so wonderful about this Sub?

Maybe because it looks good?

Luthier

They all looks good.

RichardMiami

price?

Rolexrudy

Thanks guys for the help. This sub is a ceramic model and has a sapphire crystal on it

It was $145 shipped (discounted from 175)

Rolexrudy

I'm still stuck on adjusting the links ... When you say pull up on the bracelet where exactly are you talking about ?

Xebryus

Well how many links do you think you need removed?

dvcspl

Underneath the clasp, you can tug on the bracelet and it will unlock from the glidelock and you can slide it back and forth to make small adjustments on the fly, with no tools.

WBK's subs are made by BP Maker i believe, very different than a Noob. I own both, and I can tell you they're both built very well for Rep's... both have little idiosyncrasies.

dvcspl

How to adjust glide lock

dvcspl

shit that popping sound when he pulled the clasp out... thats that great gen sound haha. i wonder when the rep factories are gonna start putting those little laser bar codes on the side of the watch..? interesting

Rolexrudy

And I just set the time ... I did the pop out and to rescrew it I pushed the crown in and winded clockwise until it locked ... wow listening to this baby count is really awesome

Rolexrudy

Well now I got the pop when I hold the clasp and push up but I can't get that link all the way in the back to move forward

Rolexrudy

I push the bracelet up hold the clasp and it "unlocks" but nothing slides?

Rolexrudy

4ffcd7aa618ee3198855c649b36119fc.jpg

Here's where I'm at ... I can unlock it but I can't get it to sliee