Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

First Purchase from Trevor - Outstanding Experience!!!

SSTEEL

I know Trevor is not a TD on here, not sure why as he is a TD next door over on RG, RWI, and RWGForums, so I thought I would post my buying experience here with you all today.

During February I was hunting around the TD's on the few sites we all frequent, looking for a Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph rep, I knew about its flaws, but simply loved the look of it.

After finding the watch I was looking for on a few TD's sites, I then started to compare prices, and these were ranging from )before shipping) $289 to $409.

The one TD I had heard good things of was Trevor, (albeit some members state his slow communications, and I will comment on this later in this post) but could not find the watch on his website, so dropped him an email asking if he had the watch in stock, or was able to source the watch for me. I emailed him all the information on the watch, plus a link to another TD selling the same watch so he would know all the specifications, detail on movement, and functionality of the watch I wanted.

Within a couple of hours Trevor got back to me, and said he has the Tag available. I replied right away to ask how much it would cost including shipping, and by sending payment via WU (Western Union). Put it this way, the price delivered was so good, I thought, hang on a minute, this can't be right, so emailed Trevor back, and he comfirmed, the price is correct, and was good to go.

Now having already recently purchased my first rep this year from another TD, I was a little skint, so asked if it was ok for him to hold the watch until the 7th of this month, and again, a reply came in a couple of hours with all the payment details required for me to pay via WU, and a note saying no problem at all.

So, on the 7th I fired over payment, and within an hour, Trevor confirmed receipt of it, then a few days later I got my QC photos.

The first watch I rejected due to a minute detail flaw on the dial, and within a few hours I had my second watch QC photos, and I gave the green light on this one. Then the waiting began.

Trevor's QC photos are usually taken of the watch on top of the EMS Shipping slip, with your address, telephone number, and tracking number. This kills a few birds with a pebble, and in him doing this, I noticed my address was misspelt, so I let him know, and all corrected.smile.png

I started to check tracking number after a few days using the EMS number I saw on my photos, but nothing was showing, so waiting another day, still nothing, so emailed Trevor asking him to confirm tracking number, which he swiftly replied with a Fedex tracking number!

I was like, what, fedex shipping, Triangular shipping too, and this was all included in the price I paid, I was blown away. For those of you who have read this far, here's your treat, Trevor's price, shipped by Triangular shipping from China via UK, to Finland cost a massive $80 less than the cheapest other TD listed price before shipping being added to it. You can do the math wink.gif

Anyway, about Trevor, and his communications. Yes, they can be sometimes slow, and I have indeed read many a post from members of the various forums losing patience with this, and taking their business elsewhere. If you don't have the patiences to wait, then your in the wrong hobby IMO.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and remember, Trevor is a one man band, and does everything himself, from customer service, sourcing, communications, QC photos, and shipping, oh, and talking of QC photos, if you wish to have a Timegrapher shot of your watch, you need to request it from Trevor, as this is something he usually misses out to help speed up customers transactions.

Right, I only have one photo so far, taken with my iPhone, but I will add more photos later.

Thanks for reading, and if you are considering buying from Trevor, do it, you won't regret it, this first purchase of mine from Trevor is the first of many. Buy in confidence! smile.png

8568734624_3520aebd96_b.jpg

Forgot to mention, the watch arrived today, so just 11 days including the weekend from purchase to wrist. Talking of wrist, its a little big, so need to invest in a good resizing too.

Edited by SSTEEL

greg_r

Actually Trevor is banned here for some rather questionable marketing practices. He had a 'helper' acting as a shill for him here. Needless to say, he rather pissed on his chips with that approach and so we kicked him out. :lol:

However, having said that, so long as you're not in a hurry he's okay. Can be a bit slow with communications at times, but he's generally reliable. I'll admit there are other dealers I'd rather buy from, however...

Enjoy the watch :)

Odyseus

I have just ordered from Trevor, perfect communication all the way.

Watch sent today and due here in the UK, Wednesday..

SSTEEL

I'm more than happy with my purchase, and shall get some eye candy for everyone later, and post in the Tag area :)

mroll320

how do I go about buying this watch from Trevor? Please advise?

Kal-el

I had a very bad experience with him. But nice watch!! :) wear it well.

SSTEEL

how do I go about buying this watch from Trevor? Please advise?

You need to check out his website, its below. He's not a TD here, but is on RWI & RG

www.trwatch.com

SSTEEL

I recently asked Trevor if he could supply, and send me a replacement bezel insert for my Tag Carrera 43mm as the Y is missing a bit of print of the word Tachymetre.

The reply I got back surprised me a little, as I have had no issues with Trevor before this.

He replied to me that I need to send him the watch, and then the factory would change the bezel.

I replied stating I can easily swap the inserts over, no issue there, so could he just send me a replacement bezel, and the answer was no, he repeated that the factory needs the watch in order to get a replacement.

Now seeing as my Carrera now has 99% new genuine Tag Heuer parts, there is no way I will send it to him, but thought I would share my supply issue of a bezel insert from Trevor.

I have now since ordered genuine insert, and chapter ring for my franken.