Sign in to follow this  
300kph

Datora is on route!

300kph

Took a couple weeks bouncing around 3 different forums (this is my fave) and was able to find a Datora. Many people suggested it was long gone and all TD's except for one said no stock / could not supply.

Mary / Rochest had the Havan dial (brown) in stock and were able to source both the black and white.

I wanted the white but decided on black as I I felt the rep in white was not accurate and easily distinguished from the gen simply due to its face color. The Gen is real eye-popping white and the rep dial is "off white" with the inner bezel being a more normal white.

Everything I've read about this rep is positive and the flaws seem to be outweighed by the positives.

Here are pics of my watch as it is being readied for shipment.

Will post wristers and a review when it arrives.

Dat_001.jpg

Dat_002.jpg

Dat_003.jpg

Dat_004.jpg

Dat_005.jpg

Dat_006.jpg

Dat_007.jpg

Dat_008.jpg

Edited by 300kph

SSTEEL

Congrats on finally finding one my friend :) Now I wonder if a gen dial would fit ;)

daeffy

Very nice! :clap:

746_heuer

There must have been some kind of problem with 7751s, because otherwise I don't understand why they are not made anymore. I'll never forgive myself for not having bought a Longines Master Chrono when they were available, now nobody has it.

So, what I mean is, congrats and enjoy, but most important, use it with care, because there are no replacements atm.

simonbolivar

The face is a bit busy for my personal taste. But good for you on a successful hunt! Enjoy

964boy

Nice find.

RICH24

i ordered the same watch from them a few weeks ago. i had a hard time finding it as well but WI always comes through. had to wait forever for the QC pics but it went out last monday so i should have it by wednesday.

the only thing that kind of bothered me was that the month and date wheel is black on this one. i wanted a navitimer rep so bad and this was most accurate after researching all the models. not my first choice but its a really cool watch.

i hope its as good a rep as the earlier versions

greenking

The day/month shouldn't been in white and not in black color?

Edit:my fault,just checked the Breitling site and comes with black day/month.

I will take it!

Edited by greenking

RICH24

Hey i got mine in the mail today

I don't want to hijack the thread on you so il leave the review for you but it is a really cool watch. Your going to like it.

Here is a pic for you

7DEBBBD4-ED3A-4902-8271-B9F3F3E64BC2-2254-000003B4825EB3E6.jpg

BF998264-62D5-4B27-92BC-7817C976803F-2254-000003B5ECA21DD1.jpg

black263

QC Pic alert on OP?

300kph

Yes, those are the QC pics. I posted a review in a separate thread and since I do not have it sized yet i only have this pic which I snapped with my Blackberry just today (still has the wrapper on it)

Breitling-1.jpg

I'm not a big camera / photo guy. Just don;t have the time for another hobby.

Thanks to Rich for posting his. Mine's identical.

Anyone know what the small recessed push button on the left side of the case (at about 11:00) does?

W

Edited by 300kph

mdterps

On my Omega Speedmaster gen the push button advances the day of the week. Make sure the time is not between 10:00 and 2:00.

300kph

Here's mine.

IMG00253-20130628-1316.jpgIMG00254-20130628-1317-1.jpg

300kph

UPDATE: This watch comes with a small bracelet. Only needed one link removed to fit my 7" wrist. (one link with 2 bars) Another forum member bought one and it does not fit his 8" wrist. He wants to buy my spare link but I need to keep it if I sell. I didn't watch my YM do the adjustment but when he gave me the little ziplock with the spare parts I think he missed 4 of the tiny individual pieces. I tried putting it back together and part seem missing. Will see him next week) Another plus is the fact the clasp has a 4 hole micro-adjustment and after being re-sized I have 2 holes I can in either direction for those days I'm retaining water LOL! But seriously (and I'm sure most people will agree) our wrists swell or shrink depending on different conditions. When I cycle a lot I can drop 10-15 pounds in a few weeks and need to tighten up some of my clasps. Conversely if I go on holidays down south to Cuba or Jamaica I tend to swell up a bit (OK, it's all the rums and cokes!)

The bracelet on this watch is quite intricate and made up of nearly 80 individual links joined by dual bars and screws. After being sized there are 66 separate links on my bracelet.

My WM was very impressed and he was a Rolex trained service rep. He said he has never seen a nicer rep bracelet on a watch of this price. I had him adjust it as with my luck I would have screwed it up. I also had him tighten the fold-over clasp as it was loose. It's perfect now. I would like the bezel to be a bit more firm in it's rotation. While not loosey-goosey it spins a bit too freely but that is borderline nit-picking.

One other (tiny) flaw is the hand on the 6PM sub dial sometimes does not return to 12:00 after stopping the chrono and hitting re-set. After a couple re-sets it went back to 12:00 But that is very minor. Hey. It's a $300 copy of an $8,500 watch. And I would advise against over-using the chrono. It would probably fail with too much use. I'll use my gen chronos if I need that functionality on my wrist (or better yet use a digital stopwatch)

I give it a solid 8.5 maybe even a 9 (using my Pam 299 as a perfect 10 in terms of gen vs rep)

I own a lot of gens and tend to be overly critical but remind myself that this watch costs only a tiny fraction of the genuine article.

Still, I wish they had made the white in a more accurate color. The outer ring of the face is perfect but the inner part is "off white" an instant tell to those familiar with the watch. The black is growing on me and another nice example of this rep is the blue or the Havana brown face.

Other forum members have advised me to only set the day, date and month with the watch in the 6:30 postion. I was playing with it around noon and found the date sweep hand getting caught up on the 9PM sub dial. I got lucky and did no damage.

One more thing attributing to my high personal score is the accuracy. 10 seconds fast in 30 hours. Not too shabby.

A white gen is still on my wish list and after wearing this one for I while I will decide if I will take the plunge. I think that is why I like reps. They give you a chance to see if you can live with the style, size and shape of a particular watch and if you really grow to love it you can save up and buy the authentic piece.

W

Edited by 300kph