Sign in to follow this  
300kph

Datora arrived today!

300kph

Amazing service from Mary / Rochest @ Watches Int'l.

This is my 3rd rep and each from a different dealer. Great service and communication from all but these folks take the cake. 8 days from making WU payment to finding it on my desk at work.

Genius shipping / No hassles with customs or postal service. The tracking number allowed me to follow it's journey.

The Dat is a nice rep (I just wish the white rep was more accurate in terms of color) The face is a little "busy" and the gen's markings "pop" just a little better. The hands are good. Bracelet, clasp and back of case are all very well executed.

Have not yet sized it and when I do I will post some wristers.

QUESTION: Is there any quick way to change the day and month? Seems that you need to rotate the day of the month hand (the hand withn the red "scoop") around 360 degrees (once for every month you wish to advance) and then advance the day of the week but rotating the hands 2 complete revolutions per day (of course)

A bit of a pain in the ass. Is the gen set the same way?

Just set it to GMT and will see how it keeps time.

Pretty happy with it. It looks very busy and the black is not the easiest to read.

Lume is only on the hands (as per gen) Crystal is reportedly fragile so I will be careful

Only complaint is the bezel turns more freely than gen and has one sticky point. No biggie.

For the price it is excellent value. I think this build is the same as it was from years ago when it was considerably cheaper.

No complaints and while I do not rate it as high as my Pam 299N (which I give a 10 to in terms of overall quality) I would award this watch a strong 8.5.

Hopefully someone will brain-up and do the white in the proper tone.

Sorry for the crappy Blackberry pic.

Breitling-1.jpg

Edited by 300kph

SSTEEL

Congrats, its finally in your hands. So glad you finally managed to not only track one down, but also managed to find a TD to do the deal with :)

300kph

Thanks to you as well SS. I enjoyed our dialogue and the info you provided me.

I might pull the trigger on another Breitling or possibly an Omega?

Can anyone chime in with their recommondations? Would like a Planet Ocean but the one I really like (pumpkin in the smaller case size) does not seem up to the build quality of the larger one.

I did see a post on the best Breitlings out there but for the life of me cannot find it again.

W

sanket_420

nice looking wathc ya got there.. Im actually looking to purchase a Breitling.. Just cant decide which one as I want more then one but can afford to order one at the moment lol.

300kph

I love this watch but it's an old build. I think there are some better Breits out there in terms of overall build quality. I'm happy with this one. Would have preferred white but it is off from the gen (it's more of an off-white) They do it in blue and Havana brown as well. both nice copies. The bracelet is as close to gen as yiou can get. My Watchmaker sized it for me as it's very complicated (60 separate links make up the bracelet) He tighten the clasp up for me which was loose and sloppy. It's perfect now. Careful as the crystal is fragile. Smack into a door jamb or against metal and it will crack. A nice sporty dress watch. Very rich looking although some people say the dial is too busy.

I would buy it in white if they were to make it more "snow white" The rep in white has an off-white face and the outer ring is the correct white Don't understand how they made such a glaring error. Although anyone not familiar with the Datora would never know.

At $328 is was very good value. It only gained 10 seconds in 30 hours. Pretty damn good.

Let me share some advice: If you get one, only set the day, date and month with the watch set at 6:30 otherwise you may find the day hand hanging up on the 9:00 sub dial. forcing itn can strip a gear. Follow that simple rule and you'll be safe. Same for the quickset day if the week window (small button at the 10PM side of the case) Make sure you are 6:30 when you use the quickset button.

Don't overwind it and refrain from playing with the second hand (pushers) I hear they have a tendency to fail if over-used.

If this watch is on your radar I hope my comments help you make a decision.

Wayne

Edited by 300kph

dpshptl

That's funny I asked Mary a little more than a month ago and she said this watch has been discontinued. I asked her for the white face one though. now I would rather have the black dial with black leather belt . you say the black dial is hard to read?

300kph

Not the time, but the day and month are. That's nitpicking. I love it. The SS bracelet is a very good copy. It would rock with a gen leather strap but that'll cost more than the watch.