Sign in to follow this  
TRANSPORTER

Anyone heard or tried this

TRANSPORTER

Browsing through the odd watch sites as you do I found this, now I can't Quite work out how to get it, I've probably read it correctly that it isn't actually ready and out in the public domain.

But it seems that maybe it is, I've checked the apple store but its not there so I'll post the link to see if anyone else can fathom out if its out there or not, could be a gem if it is, anyway here's the link

http://www.tickoprint.com/index.php/en/

seclark007

I threw a dummy email addy at them for their newsletter - nothing in the android store answering to that name though....

trailboss99

For it to be any good you will need a proper timer mike, trying to capture awatch beat accurately with the phone's microphone is pointless.

Cynikal.Mindset

so....you still need to purchase a guitar tuning mic to get a half decent result just like any of the other apps out there

trailboss99

And a guitar tuning mic will give you just that, a half decent result.

Stuvetjee

well, ive regulated my pam 111 once with a app called Kello and turned out great. Watch runs perfect now!

trailboss99

Yup, nice big, loud, low beat MVT in there.

This thing is also promising to be a lot more than Kello ever did.

You may be able to regulate some movements reasonably well but when it comes to diagnostics

and trouble shooting it will be a crap shoot without the correct mic.

Mechwarrior

i think this is just a little tool for watch lovers.........not for work. good for some regulations

sci2

Well, I used an app on the Android store called Wild Spectra to successfully regulate a couple of my watches. It has a beat timer function. I simply taped my headset mic to the case and fired away. Since it isn't a percussion method, you need to have a very quiet environment (which for me means when the girlfriend isn't home). My 21j movements seemed easiest because they're just louder for whatever reason. In any event, was certainly faster to do this than checking accuracy every day and guessing.

TRANSPORTER

Cheers for the replies guys, to be honest anything that uses a phone in place of a proper timeagraph is never going to spot on but as it said it was free I thought I'd have a look, cos we all like freebies!!!

Mechwarrior

i use "clock tuner" on android. just must open case and put mike inside