Sign in to follow this  
richardm1142

IWC 3777 Bracelet adjustment

richardm1142

After the long wait for the 3777 rep to reach proper production, I was delighted when I finally received a package containing same from PC.

Really love the watch, but am a little puzzled as to bracelet adjustment.

And yes I will upload some pictures when I get the opportunity, which will obviously help enormously with my question. Nevertheless has anyone got any knowledge? Are all IWC bracelets the same?

There is a small adjustment in the deployment clasp, that looks like you undo two screws holding down a small bar, which has a series of adjustment ridges.

While I don't have particularly skinny wrists, I need to take out a couple of links, but there are no exposed screw heads or pins. The links look to be rivetted on the " underside" of the links.

Anyone got any knowledge? Would be extremely grateful.

Pictures soon......

EDIT.http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac106/watchinternational/IWC/IMG_6464_zps7851892e.jpg

Shows the "rivets"

SSTEEL

On the inside of the bracelet, some of those rivets are actually small buttons to press to remove links. You need a pointed tool, and a plastic phone case tool to assist separation. This is what I have read from a 3777 review.

richardm1142

Thanks so very much for that, all done and dusted very easily.

I have had PO tubes that have been more painful.

Help was much appreciated.

SSTEEL

I plan on getting the very same watch :) After I get the latest AP Diver. I want a bracelet for the Diver, but they are like hens teeth.

J.S.

Holy Christ! This bracelet is sweet, I think that I must replace my 3717 SS bracelet with that one. What is this bracelet's width?

Odyseus

I plan on getting the very same watch :) After I get the latest AP Diver. I want a bracelet for the Diver, but they are like hens teeth.

I think I might follow on that Micky :) the small size of the IWC3717, caused me to sell mine on, but the IWC3777 is bigger ??

SSTEEL

Yes, the 3777 is slight bolder/bigger.

Loonie
There is a small adjustment in the deployment clasp, that looks like you undo two screws holding down a small bar, which has a series of adjustment ridges.

Push down the IWC logo to change the small adjustment...

richardm1142

Now that is soooooo neat.

Makes a Glidelock look really clumsy.

ghoststar

If you ever, for whatever reason, remove that bar on the underside of the clasp (the small bar with the two screws that holds the micro-adjustment rivet thing), make sure to re-install it facing the correct direction. I made the mistake of taking it off, then reinstalling it in the incorrect way, so the rivets had nothing to catch onto, and the micro adjustment part became completely useless. I was so pissed for a month, thinking the bracelet was crap. Then I realized the silly error I made, and now the micro-adjustment works awesome. Really amazing rep bracelet.

Oh, and as for the buttons you need to depress to remove the links, they tend to stick a little. Some of the links can be a real pain to remove.

Hazz

As above, make sure all all the buttons fully depress, failing that the bracelet links are not secure, I am doing one just now, and causing headache.

Langirt

nice, thanks for your help. ;)

twofake

Can we see a pic of the whole watch here please?

machiavegli

Such a PITA I had a watch repair store do it for me :) worse even than Breitling bracelets

-Mach