Sign in to follow this  
peteins

Tag Heuer Calibre 1 vintage version 2 REVIEW

peteins

My review of the Tag Heuer Calibre 1 Vintage, Sapphire Crystal face and back. From King watch for £145 including DHL (arrived at my house in the UK in 5 days!)

First off I bought this watch through communication with the dealer and not through the website, I did this to let the dealer know that I was part of the forum ect just to make sure I got a top notch time peace. I cannot recommend this guy enough, he replied to all 20 of my messages within a few hours and there was a bit of trouble with paying because my bank declined the purchase at first, but after a phone call to them it was all sorted.

This is my first replica watch; however I have done my research on reps and have a pretty good idea of what to look for in a rep in terms of quality and likeness to the gen.

Okay so on to the watch itself, the face is clean and crisp, nice blue hue to the crystal face due to the anti reflective coating which Tag put on their watches. All of the markings on the face of the watch are perfectly aligned, even with my critical eye for perfection. The “G” on the TAG logo on the face has the two arrows as it should do. The check board (slightly raised) type markings on the face just look really nice and look like they belong there, I was scared they would look out of place or plonked on, but they are built into the face which looks really nice. The second hand and markings around it look crisp and clear. I literally can’t find a fault!!! the only thing is the blue screws but im not fussed, I think it actually looks pretty cool.

The back of the watch was one of the main selling points for me, even though no one will see it whilst im wearing, just the fact that its dam sexy :fme: ..... and just the fact I know its there sells it to me. As you can see from the pics it just looks really nice. Don’t know much about the mechanism other than it looks pretty hah. :lol:

The 6498 hand wind movement (which is apparent in the gen) works a treat and because it apparently bomb proof should last a life time.

The strap feels nice, doesn't get sweaty and the deployment clasp feels sturdy

And now THE PICTURES!

IMG_6734_zps78b88126.jpg

IMG_6774_zps8104b1db.jpg

IMG_6773_zps67d288a8.jpg

IMG_6771_zpsa771d5c8.jpg

IMG_6765_zpsdf6c69dc.jpg

IMG_6760_zps1ea7f7eb.jpg

IMG_6762_zps0b82e348.jpg

After this purchase I can see why I was warned when introducing myself to the forum that i would go on to buy more!!! anyways, That's all Folks! :bow:

HeavyKrush

Nice pick up. I believe the gen has blue screws though.

nuwanda

That dial seems a gen one. Impressive. Nice buy, enjoy it.

peteins

cheers, oh, I have seen it on websites with silver screws, either way im happy!!

yeah it looks real nice, very happy with my first rep :)