Sign in to follow this  
splking

AP ROO 'The Legacy' Puretime replica

splking

Hi guys,

Some of you may have read my post in the Hublot section about a recently purchased Big Bang King. Well after some good feelings about my first rep purchase and a very happy and trouble free transaction with Puretime I decided to purchase this watch. I know some will say the rep hasn't had time to be accurately done, sec @ 9 instead of 12 and the concerns about the kevlar strap etc. but I figured it was worth a shot and if a better rep comes out maybe I can consider that if I wear this one enough.

My first thoughts are that it is very heavy and feels like a quality construction. The movement appears to have a smooth second hand movement, smoother than my big bang king which I am surprised about given this movement is listed to be 21600bph vs my Hublot at 28800bph. The smoother appearance might be due to the large bulky second hand on the BBK and the fact that the chrono second hand on my AP is so slim. The time keeping seems to be fine so far although I have had it one day so hardly a real test. The strap feels comfortable, the watch is very heavy but with this strap the watch is able to sit flat on your wrist given the flexibility the strap has where it mounts to the case and it feels much better than I had suspected it would. The only reservation I have about the watch at all really is the pushers on the right hand side to control the chrono functions. They feel a tad wobbly, I really do mean a tad, not a serious concern but I guess the point of me posting my opinions is to be a tad critical.

Anyway I hope that small insight provides some info for others considering the purchase. I plan to have the watch in my watch winder and wear it infrequently so I hope it will be robust enough to deal with the small amount of wrist time it will get in comparison to some of my other watches. I will update the thread if any other thoughts develop.

Thanks,

H

IMAG1489_zpspra5f2f3.jpg

IMAG1487_zpskfqnlvzw.jpg

IMAG1484_zpspotluco5.jpg

IMAG1479_zpsrzti886j.jpg

IMAG1475_BURST001_zpsxp1fhfv1.jpg

IMAG1474_zpszy8idphi.jpg

IMAG1489_zpspra5f2f3.jpg

2point

Very nice looking combo.

I'd prefer a deployment clasp though as using the buckle is going to mark up that strap pretty quickly.

jpohl402

This is the first review ive seen of this sec@9 re-release model.

Thx for posting

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

thanks for posting... good to see actual pics...... it looks really really sweet..... `I would now go and hornback that strap..... simple black... no gold stitching as there are enough gold accents.. and it will look very stylish.....

The gen will be lighter as it's a ceramic bezel and case... titanium back

I have for my sins put an offer in on a Gen Legacy........ so lets see what the next 24hrs brings.....

I may be posting with good news soon.....

splking

Wow a gen Legacy... that's very exciting news. Please keep us posted.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

thank you..... it's my Holy Grail AP

If it's not this one..... it'll be another...... Wanted one since the day it was released..... and resisted so far....

but resistance is futile !!!!

Your new watch looks amazing..... and I think I posted don't do it.......

I take it back !!!!!

Edited by andman

splking

Saw the gen today in Selfridges in London, have to say the strap looks quite different in the flesh but apart from the seconds @ 12 on the gen the actual case isn't too bad a rep considering. The gen strap looks more supple and has a really nice weave to it. Amazing watch!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

That sounds spot on...... and so is your new watch......

I think if it were repped in ceramic and secs @12 I would save a whole lot of money.......the strap I could live with as I'd switch to hornback...

Although the gen strap is quite something else...... made of Aramid fibres.. a sort of ballistic type Kevlar.... that believe it or not you cannot get wet !!!!!!!!!!!

This is the watch I want above all others.... otherwise I think i'd be straight on to puretime......

In the mean time..... offer rejected.... but counter offer.... only 2k apart.......... got some thinking or more searching to do !!

Pure B

Cool looking AP, 48mm right?

wrenches&watches

I need to see a wristie of this. That beauty is a beast!