Sign in to follow this  
Bibicu

Pam505 movement - need advice

Bibicu

Guys i am looking to buy a pam505. I need an advice about the movement. A7750 P9000 clone (rotor at 11) or SEAGULL ST2555 P9000 clone (rotor at 6).

Seagull is closer to gen but what movement is better. gen movement has the rotor positioned at 7.

Witch of the two movements si more reliable?

LightGeek

Is the Seagull based movement still available? I thought they switched from one to the other.

Bibicu

I just got an e-mail from a trusted dealer and there are still a few in stock with seagull movement

ALE7575

More reliable is Seagull but A7750 is good enough

Segull is also more noisy and the version V1 which is the one fitted with Seagull have more problems in Lug screws

V2 version with A 7750 is more silent and have less problems in lug screws, but this is not assured

Get more info in PAM guide

"Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection

http://www.replica-w...5.html?t=107365

As always in reps there is no absolute answer and you will need to take you own decision

Good luck

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

Bibicu

Ty Ale

Already read the PAM guide and i knew there are some problems with the lugs in seagull movement watches but on the other hand the positioning of the rotor at 6 kinda makes it closer to gen. Never had a rep with 7750 or seagull, only Swiss ETA and Swiss Unitas 6497 and never had any problems with them.

I think ill go with the seagull if is a reliable movement.

ALE7575

I got Seagull too

It is a good choice if you find it. But bear in mind you can have problems with the lug screws (less frequent in V2 A7750 version).

Try ask dealer about checking if the lug screw are working appropriately before purchase

ALE

nyckid

Mate, go for the A7750. Pay it safe :)

Good luck!

The Kid