Sign in to follow this  
ellistyle1

Buy/Sell Position

ellistyle1

I have avoided doing this for awhile, but curiosity got the better of me. I am not sure if I am in a shitty and unique position among you. I calculated the difference between what I have bought and sold.

About 10 watches have come into and out my possession from TDs, m2m and eBay over the course of a year. My spread is about -2 decent reps.

Am I special kind of sick/dumb or is this common after about a year in? Please let me know if I am alone in this.

James.

I work of around -20% when flipping, so turning over 10 would generally equal a recoup of around 8. Hence you 2 watch deficiency.

ellistyle1

Cool--so I am doing it right. kind of.

ag69

I think I'm a little different. I just buy!! Love the watches to much to get rid of them.

onionbag

Damn, I knew I was doing summat wrong giving them away. :(

black263

You could always sell to your friends at a huge profit. One of the new members is selling on at three times what he paid. Just don't try that in M2M!

Libertatia

You could always sell to your friends at a huge profit. One of the new members is selling on at three times what he paid. Just don't try that in M2M!

Why would you want to profit like that out of your ''friends'' for?

George.

I saw this in the SB... Some 'friend', huh?

Dendo

Its a hobby. Cheaper than gambling or drugs and a lot of fun and educational. The 20% is what it costs.

A little more for me coz I give them away and am erratic on prices (remembering what you bought them for would help) :lol:

RUSH2112

Factor in shipping paid to TD and shipping out in m2m and it's probably not 20.

dingle

I have a TC sub for $5000.00 if anyone is interested. :)

ellistyle1

Its a hobby. Cheaper than gambling or drugs and a lot of fun and educational. The 20% is what it costs.

A little more for me coz I give them away and am erratic on prices (remembering what you bought them for would help) :lol:

This is the affirmation I needed to hear I guess. When I sold my first house (at a loss considering improvements) our realtor suggested we chalk it up to having had a cheap place to live for 5 years. We didn't have to take a check to closing.

I will put my "loss" into the same category. I appreciate this advice, Dendo.

deju

I've bought and sold on M2M and I reckon 20% is about right.

I don't mind though as I've got good deals on M2M so like to continue the circle. Plus everyone's very helpful here so it's nice to keep that up :)

Thang

My buying habit is much greater than selling so I am getting more than I could sell. Deciding which one to sell is the hardest for me because I love most of what I bought. :D

I think you are doing good.

elp

If I have never sold a rep, does that put me up or down the scale?

N.Rico

If I have never sold a rep, does that put me up or down the scale?

In my opinion,that put you up the scale ,i am a seller and i dont and i cant make any profit from a friend .