Sign in to follow this  
dasselin

Be careful who you show your reps to while on vacation

dasselin

Hi All

First and foremost. Happy new year to everyone, lots of health and happiness to you

And your family’s

I was in Cuba last week. New year’s eve in Cuba is really nice. So I was in the hotel lobby when

I hear a bit of commotion in French(Parisian French) at the desk, some gentlemen is not being understood

So Knowing the staff I help the guy fix is problem and go away. At dinner that evening the gentlemen in question

And is wife show up at my table and asked if he could join us my wife said yes and that is when the problem started.

The guy takes a look at my watch and asks to see it(Rep Daytona) he looks at it very carefully and throws it back

On the table proclaiming very loudly that it’s a fake, he claims that he is AD in Paris and that trash like this is ruining

His business and people who purchase them are criminals that should be arrested. I kindly invited the guy go sit

At another table before I lose my temper.

Conclusion don’t show your reps to an AD some of them react badly

RichardMiami

at which point I would have eaten dinner and then told the waiter that the nice gentleman at the other table had offered to pay my bill for me. :Whistle:

Amit

Those damn Frenchies

McJules

wow!!! what a fucker!!!

parisian + AD, does that makes him the perfect asshole in the world? :D

nothing against parisian btw, just a joke lol

elp

Quel connard!

baxter

Shame he didn't have the good grace to keep his powder dry, let alone trying to embarrass you in public being as you helped him earlier.

dingle

tell him you bought it at his AD and you deserve a refund :D

J!m

Shame he didn't have the good grace to keep his powder dry, let alone trying to embarrass you in public being as you helped him earlier.

"No good deed goes unpunished".

Please be sure to have his luggage placed in the pool as soon as possible.

He is not wrong to say it; however he was wrong in HOW he said it. If he handled that conversation with grace, he might have been able to gain a customer, rather than create an enemy who would go out of their way to e sure any other prospective customers shop at other ADs and specifically NOT his.

It becomes clear to me now where the problem was at the front desk as well...

midasmook

The guy sounds like a grade AAAAA +++++ ARSEHOLE.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

You should have told him in a firm indignant way..........that he is an absolute liar.....

and that Daytonas are not ruining his business.... Rolex are ...as they deliberately under manufacture them....

Challenge him to supply you one... in the New Year...... at list

and then told him he must be a shit businessman because AD´s in Paris of all high end products are making more money than ever before !!! FACT

Kcore

Unbelievable, what an A-HOLE this guy is!

I gotta say, I'm surprised you took the rep off your wrist and handed it to a total stranger to examine. Why would you do that?

dasselin

I gave you all a quick over view of the event, it was a bit longer and a tad more heated

Then my post suggest. But my wife being present I exercised more restraint than I would

Of normally whit out the wife. Fortunately the manager of the hotel being long-time friend

Of mine promised me that the gentlemen would not find is stay at the hotel to pleasant

dasselin

Unbelievable, what an A-HOLE this guy is!

I gotta say, I'm surprised you took the rep off your wrist and handed it to a total stranger to examine. Why would you do that?

He appeared to be a nice guy at the time and I saw no harm in it

adam88

Well of they could sell those 50k watches at below $400 then there wouldn't be a problem would there? Lol. He is so out of touch.. The money ill use to buy all my reps would probably buy me one or maximum two genuines... Even then i wouldn't put that large of a sum on a watch anyway, i cant bring myself to spend in the thousands on a watch when i clearly have other financial commitments so i cant afford it.. So to put it simply, no we are not eating away at his business and he isnt loosing money by us buying reps.. If my business goes well and expands, yeh i might buy a gen.. Because i could finally afford it.. But for now id rather own a couple of fakes rather than have one.. Ahaha sorry i got a little carried on there.. I think i would have definitely accidentally broken a jug of hot tea on his head.. Glad you enjoyed cuba lol

Wriggles

He's able to go on holidays to Cuba from France...his business can't be doing that bad.

Unfortunately Parisians aren't know for their tact, graciousness, or humility (and yes that's a generalisation and there are of course exceptions but unfortunately quite a lot of Parisians live up to the Stereotypes).

northantsrich

How good was your rep? I have heard the Daytonas are not super reps

emtp101

What an A-hole, after you helped him out then he does that to you, you sure did keep your cool. I think I would of slapped him with my Daytona..

mielur

french

Kal-el

I kindly invited the guy go sit at another table before I lose my temper.

I would have loved to see his face after that invitation :lol:

Kwt

Does that really matter? Super Rep or not - you cannot excuse that guy's behaviour. I am sorry I don't mean to offend anyone but the Parisian can be seriously rude sometimes. I would have politely told the guy to FK off and what you do with your money is your prerogative.

ag69

What an arse!!

Kleen™

Arrogance. The Number One personality-killer!

dasselin

It was a very good rep there are tells on it the main one being it’s a 43mm

Stuvetjee

What a asshat! You did good sir ;) when i was in your position, i already lost my temper before asking him politely to leave.. :giggle:

onionbag

I'm sorry that this happened to you 'D'. Graciousness was obviously not this chap's strength, and for those not familiar with him...........the OP is an absolute gentleman.