Sign in to follow this  
Black Diamond

Calling Sardonix > Photographer Extraordinaire

Black Diamond

Sardonix posts the some of the most amazing pictures of watches I have seen on any forum.

Please share with us your techniques. I'd love to see pre and post edit shots.

Here is the latest of a wonderfully long line of stunning photos.

TuWoKLY.jpg

speer999

Also interested... every shot is spectacular

cogwatch

Ditto!!!!! Sardonix's pics are some of the best shots I've seen regardless of the subject matter. Simply beautiful. Enlighten us oh great one :-). Unless of course if you tell us you'd have to shoot us ;-)

solkryssare

Bump

Pseudonym

TTT

baxter

Bump for the watch paparazzi :D

rolexlume

Come on Sardonix give us some tutorials

cogwatch

Please (bump)!

mrtsumoto80

He is indeed very good, He should be doing the RWG 2014 Catalog or Calendar or whatever mods think would provide income to the boards :salute:

Kleen™

+1

What this forums needs is a shoot-out (as in NOT a mexican stand-off!) between Sard and Balders on how to make shots like a pro utilizing nuthin' more than a mobile camera and two square-inches of tin foil (tops!).

I will (obviously) be the supreme ruler in judgement of the outcome, as I have yet to experience being succesful in pointing my camera anywhere near to the general direction of what I'm actually trying to capture...

Pseudonym

I reckon Balds would win by a clear margin... His photo composition is spot on.

BigDee62

I'd call it a tie between Baldy and Sardonix. One thing they both have in their favor is excellent subject matter - they both have great taste in watches.

Black Diamond
:ttiwwop:

DejaWho

I hear it's all in the retouching...

sardonix

Thanks for the nice words guys :D

Much appreciated!

I think it was about 2 years ago I saw the smashing pictures from Del at RWI, i asked what camera he used and bought the same. Never had a camera in my hands before that.

Its an older model DSLR Olympus E 420 which are to get for around €150 complete with two lenses used here in Holland.

Then i started shooting and what i learned very fast is that a nice camera is one thing, but more important how you look at the subject, what light conditions.

I can not put in a tutorial how to look at a subject that is the creativity of the man behind the camera.

After shots are taken I have my own secret stew pot of editing tools and filters to give a picture a personal twist.

There are great photographers on this board like Del and Baldrick also like the shots of Silverspeed and many many others!!!

In those pics you see the style of the man, Del has scary nice focussed pics with original backgrounds. Baldrick is the master of lights and sometimes his pics look 3D on a simple 2D monitor :rolleyes:

So my advice find your own style an shoot alot.

Thanks again.

Baldrick

What dya say Sardy ?.......you wanna post your best and I'll post mine......past and present :D

baxter

What dya say Sardy ?.......you wanna post your best and I'll post mine......past and present :D

gauntlet_zpsea782b1b.jpg

What's not to like about that idea !!!! :D

sardonix

I do not consider myself in your league my friend :D

I am a humble guy just shooting a watch for pleasure.

A photo noob compared to you and Del.

Kleen™

That would be seriously awesome, guys - and good fun too, I'm sure.

I'd love to see what you guys can do, no holds barred, with those lenses. Maybe Del would like to participate as well...?

onionbag

Go on sardonix........let the membership see the highlights of your and Baldrick's photoshoots.

Not in a competitive comparison........more along the lines of an exhibition........a showcase if you like.

What do you think?

baxter

Go on sardonix........let the membership see the highlights of your and Baldrick's photoshoots.

Not in a competitive comparison........more along the lines of an exhibition........a showcase if you like.

What do you think?

+1 and Del should join the party

sardonix

Ok i have a directory for my watches its alphabetical i will upload from the first sub directory AP :B):

What i have or had and what i like not to pretend they are the best but the moods in shots i like

onionbag

Ok i have a directory for my watches its alphabetical i will upload from the first sub directory AP :B):

What i have or had and what i like not to pretend they are the best but the moods in shots i like

:clap:

Good man........this'll be a treat.

Pseudonym

Subscribed!!

nyckid

Can't wait to see the clash of these two titans of the photography ;)

It's good to reaffirm that, this is for pure entertainment and education only. No competition here. :)

You guys are really good at photo shooting and it shouldn't be a competition.