Sign in to follow this  
just2post

Watch repairer in Australia?

just2post

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a good watch repairer in Australia who will work with reps? Particularly in Adelaide?

Thanks!

J2P

Kemist

Hey bro, im in Adelaide too. Apparently there's no one in the whole country wanna work with reps :-(.

just2post

Seriously? I've googled a few watch repairers but I haven't asked them if they'll work with reps.

yawn

Me too live in Adelaide, sadly I have asked all watch smith and you can guess their reactions. No there is no watch smith is willing to work on rep, not even on Franken :( your best bet is goin in Taiwan, he is the closest, but his speed is very slow, expect 3+ months lead time.

peterpl

Theres a few if your in Sydney.

dannyw

Me too live in Adelaide, sadly I have asked all watch smith and you can guess their reactions. No there is no watch smith is willing to work on rep, not even on Franken :( your best bet is goin in Taiwan, he is the closest, but his speed is very slow, expect 3+ months lead time.

u meant Goin workshop?

yawn

u meant Goin workshop?

Yeah I used him all the time, though waiting is killing me, results are mostly impressive.

dannyw

i am sending my AP15400 for the first time, i will pray hard he has time for my watch.

I found him not very interested in messing with 7750 movement..

Edited by dannyw

dannyw

Can someone recommend another watch service person, not US or UK based?

watch.aholic

I got satisfactory work done on two of my watches from this gent in Sydney.....he goes by the handle marrickvilleboy on RWG junior

He froze the sec @ 6 on my 6263 with ST 19 & also centered the datewheel on my SOH V2....

Turnaround was fast...very fast.....

I am sure he can help you guys out too......

Kemist
I got satisfactory work done on two of my watches from this gent in Sydney.....he goes by the handle marrickvilleboy on RWG junior

He froze the sec @ 6 on my 6263 with ST 19 & also centered the datewheel on my SOH V2....

Thats good news.

yawn

I did some search on his name and only recent mention was from 2013. Do you kind me ask when did he repair your watch? I got a Franken might need some repair so the stake is bit high.

Many thanks.

chats

i emailed a watch smith here in melbourne, he dont mind reps. one member here told me that guy was good and he was very nice. so maybe come play to melbourne ? :giggle:

dannyw

i emailed a watch smith here in melbourne, he dont mind reps. one member here told me that guy was good and he was very nice. so maybe come play to melbourne ? :giggle:

kind to share his contact? Pm me if you dont wanna share for everyone? :giggle:

watch.aholic

I did some search on his name and only recent mention was from 2013. Do you kind me ask when did he repair your watch? I got a Franken might need some repair so the stake is bit high.

Many thanks.

Yeah mate...he conducted the repairs in end Dec 13 & early Jan 14.......Best to just PM him....I found him very straightforward....He told me that he couldn't work on the A7750's......

RussP

Most watch 'guys' or 'gals' repairers don't want to touch reps as I've been told ' reps start to fall apart when we try to fix them '.

It may be misconception, laziness or just poor experience with people blaming them for imaginary defects in an already malfunctioning/defective rep?

TheSav

I'm sure if you did a ring around that you'd find someone in Adelaide, but whether you could trust them or not would be a different story. I've used Denel jewellers in Sydney with good results. Otherwise you may be best off getting in contact with one of our trusted watchsmiths here or a member who is willing to offer their services.

Mystery Shopper

There are some jewellers that won't look at a rep because it is a rep. Virtually all of your locals won't be interested in modifying your crown guards or vintaging your watch. From Australia, Goin (and the wait) is the main option. Others recognise that many of our reps carry decent parts that are replaceable and are available on order. They like the modifications made and recognise the quality of our reps. You just have to suss it out and see.

Tonyrx3

I've got a guy in Southside Brisbane that's worked on a couple of my reps. Not fast but not expensive either.

James.

Youtube ;)

chats

kind to share his contact? Pm me if you dont wanna share for everyone? :giggle:

its dawson i think, in moorabin. google it and you will find it. hope it is helpful :D