Sign in to follow this  
northantsrich

AP Diver V6 Just in. Bad QC!!!!

northantsrich

OK so I just got in an AP Diver V6 from Toro. After asking him to do additional QC and pick me out the best watch he had with the best lume on the bezal he could I got this!!! I have emailed his so with a little luck we can sort it, I am posting this to get your opinions but more so to highlight that the V6 looks like its suffering from big QC issues. As its getting touted as a super rep and the best of the best I thought that I should let the rest of you know this is NOT the case from my experience.

OK so on to the pics. Done on an iphone so unfortunately not very good.

I was going to do a rep vs gen comparison but this watch is so bad (my v3.5 was better) that its pointless. Lets hope we get this fixed and I get a better one to do a proper comparison with.

So below we have the lug fitment. At first I thought this was a loose screw but ultimately this looks like its poor quality workmanship as this is how it permanently sits when on the wrist. I could not tell this from the QC pic

photo1_zps9a08eba8.png

The below shows the 50 totally merged. Again on QC this was hard to tell and after asking Toro to pick me one where the numbers did NOT merge I still got this.

photo2_zps09392480.png

This 30 is not shown very well in the pic but the lume is so sloppy its like its leached out on to the bezal.

photo3_zpsa8a60be7.png

profsteve

Not an acceptable V6. Were these defects there in the QC pics? Sometimes the QC pics don't show everything as most TDs don't do so good a job at QC pics.

plankton

Mine looks good, send that one back bro.

northantsrich

Not an acceptable V6. Were these defects there in the QC pics? Sometimes the QC pics don't show everything as most TDs don't do so good a job at QC pics.

It was very hard to see (be that the light or the angle they took the pics from etc). To be honest if on top of mentioning the faults I DON'T want when I then ask a TD to do extra QC using their own judgment I am pretty appalled when I then get thus!!!

northantsrich

Mine looks good, send that one back bro.

Thanks. Some other members V6 look AMAZING so I was so disappointed when I got this. I thought the bad bezel lume was only on the early v3.5 ones. Anyway I have asked to send this back but I posted mainly as a warning so people don't go gun ho in upgrading just to find they were better on their old one.

J.Eric

My v3.5 bezel looks way better than that.

Mariner89

Im glad im seeing this because I was thinking of a v6 but now i really am leaning toward a used v3.5

northantsrich

My v3.5 bezel looks way better than that.

Lol I just sold my v3.5 on M2M as well!!!! The only issue with the 3.5 was on my one the lume on the hands was more green than the rest during bright sunlight.

northantsrich

Im glad im seeing this because I was thinking of a v6 but now i really am leaning toward a used v3.5

$100 cheaper!! I am beginning to wish I never sold my one. There are loads of AP Divers on all the M2M boards (I counted 3 today)

mrnicewatch3

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a v6 myself because of the claims to be the closest yet to gen but now I will take a chance on one of the older versions

SSTEEL

Sorry to hear about this mate, I bet you are gutted. I have a V6 incoming right now, my QC photos looked amazing, hope the watch lives up to that?

lfovco

Wow, that sucks!!

Quality is so inconsistent. My V3 looks killer. Better then then the newer versions.

sacsha1

That looks like a v5.1

replicastuff

oh dear, sorry to see this, still hanging on to my v3.5, if it aint broke then no need to change it.

hope you get it sorted soon.

masteron10

Thats def a v6... Different tone on hand and hour marker lume

lfovco

One thing that has not changed in rep world since I started back in 2005 is the Quality Control. Despite the fact you see many great examples, it is still such a hit and miss game. But if you get a good one they can last. I still have one PAM 111 that dates back to March 2005, modded and running perfectly.

Amit

Wait for the v7

Ghostripper

That is weird...Don't give up man, I am sure there must be something wrong with that batch or maybe not a V6....I just got my QC photos this past Saturday, and based on your photos I went right away to double check them...And the watch could not be more GEN like...All the details are spot on.

I should get mine this week and I will do a professional photoshot/review to it.

Aznsnplayboy

I emailed Toro, but haven't received a reply back yet, just wondering if you guys know any other TD has this Diver v6 in stock? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

LightGeek

Lume looks like a normal rep thing. The strap though...

tonyl

Perfect clones all the way

gtwc

Late to the party as usual.

A pretty piss poor example and not acceptable.

I'm surprised that Toro let this slip thru his fingers (and nails - we need more 'Hitler' vids)

Please keep us updated Northantsrich.

ps: my V2 is looking good - apart from total lack of luminosity !!!

:giggle:

FukuokaTen

Try Fat Panda....I just received mine from him....A V6 and looks stunning. Shall post photos in coming days. Cheers.

parisianshut

Sorry to hear about this mate, I bet you are gutted. I have a V6 incoming right now, my QC photos looked amazing, hope the watch lives up to that?

same here. QC pics are fantastics !

usually TORO have a higher QC than other sellers from my experience.

Sjors

same here. QC pics are fantastics !

usually TORO have a higher QC than other sellers from my experience.

I got mine from Ken, td on rwi.

Great QC great watch,

my experience of QC from toro is crap... He makes them with an iphone.