Sign in to follow this  
Derek Mc

Your oldest rep still in regular use

Derek Mc

I am curious to ask this as I have a Rolex YM that predates the rolesium face models it was built in 1993 I bought it in of all places Los Angeles! it has an 18J sweep movement and a white face.

The bezel is quite crude, the second hand is the wrong colour, the crown on the clasp in the wrong place and the dial has faded a fair bit, and the chrome has flaked off the crown, but,, I still adore it and really refuse to retire it. It has never I am ashamed to say been serviced but goes and goes!

But, as it stands having enjoyed it's 21st birthday the old saying of cheap crap really is mis-placed :)

DSC_0539_zpsf3a5824d.jpg

NFleischer

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

My YM is about 7-8 years old and is about the oldest I'll wear. I paid a lot from a scam site, but it happens to be a great rep. Swiss mov't I'm sure, runs great and still

looks good because the bracelet is 'wrapped' gold. The "Sub" below which actually looks like a Coke GMT is from about 1996, it runs but I never use it.

Duzza
I am curious to ask this as I have a Rolex YM that predates the rolesium face models it was built in 1993 I bought it in of all places Los Angeles! it has an 18J sweep movement and a white face.

The bezel is quite crude, the second hand is the wrong colour, the crown on the clasp in the wrong place and the dial has faded a fair bit, and the chrome has flaked off the crown, but,, I still adore it and really refuse to retire it. It has never I am ashamed to say been serviced but goes and goes!

But, as it stands having enjoyed it's 21st birthday the old saying of cheap crap really is mis-placed :)

DSC_0539_zpsf3a5824d.jpg

Find me a genuine Rolex that will go for 21 years unserviced. Excellent.

Derek Mc

DSC_0539_zpsf3a5824d.jpg

Find me a genuine Rolex that will go for 21 years unserviced. Excellent.

:giggle: now now,,,,,,

greg_r

My oldest is a 21J Rolex Day/Date bought in around 2000. Admittedly I rebuilt it last year as the stem had snapped and the case was really badly beaten up - I replaced the stem and moved the whole thing into a newer DJ case I had going spare...

The movement itself has never been serviced and still runs well - not bad for a cheapie

replicastuff

I think I have a 21J seamaster still somewhere, one of my first reps and still going strong.

Frankt8242

This SFSO is from @ 8 yrs ago...

100_0261.jpg

SSTEEL

I sold an old Eddie Lee LV Sub last year which had a Swiss ETA 2836-2 fitted, that was still going strong after a decade. I have another old rep, a Breitling Crosswind fantasy, 21J, and thats still working well.

I recently, well today actually, received a sec@6 Daytona which is a few years old, originally from Josh I'm told, and it too is also still going strong, in fact, its the best Sec@6 I have experienced, and reminds me so much of my gen Daytona of the same white dial model I had back in the day, the chronograph start/stop pusher is nice as soft to press, and you don't have to push hard for the click if you know what I mean.

ag69

No, first rep was given to me by someone in 1992. A cheap looking tag link. I wore that watch for about 15 years. Still have the watch but I don't wear it because it needs a new battery.

BNZZ

21J speedmaster faux chrono, about 7-8 years old, boy i was a happy camper with that on my wrist back then :)

Mystery Shopper

The oldest from here is this SOSF- bought 4 years ago. Still in the weekly rotation & never serviced as yet.

SAM_1284.jpg

Kemist

21j IWC Portuguese bought in a market in Vietnam in 2003, still working like a charm, except ... power reserve is about 12 hours...

watchaddict99

DSC03423.jpg"]http://DSC03423.jpg[/url]

Rep Submariner purchased from scam site in 2002, high beat and still runs great with no service.