Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Movement Identification Help. Anyone know what this is?

SSTEEL

Strange looking movement this, it kind of resembles an ETA 28XX but its different in many ways.

13957749370_333c96a8ab_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

When I removed the auto wind bridge, I discovered that the gears which are usually secured to the bridge were all left in place on the movement. The below photo shows some of those gears, I forgot to snap a photo of all the gears. Not seen in the photo below are the two syncro gears..

14141057271_d476db060c_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Underside of the auto wind bridge, and gearing..

14140498771_56a9629b4c_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

And a shot of the front of the movement...

13957743028_c26f06001d_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

I first thought it maybe a SW200 but having cross reference one I have its not one of those.

Anyone know what this movement is? Its a 28.8k high beat.

P4GTR

that is what is called the "new breed 2813". its a really, really, sketchy pseudo clone of ETA 28XX.

Good luck. Personally, i'd put it back together and step away slowly... Don't turn your back on it or it may strike! :lol:

Search "new breed". Also, should find threads on these showing up in SFSO as ETA clones, which pissed many people off.

Edit to add: It would be great to see your take on this movement. It would be a viable option if only there were replacement parts availability. I want to say ETA 28XX is a direct swap, but the hand sizes may be different. There's a lot of info on these in the "BP Sea dweller best SD period" thread over on RWI.

jdog

that is what is called the "new breed 2813". its a really, really, sketchy pseudo clone of ETA 28XX.

Good luck. Personally, i'd put it back together and step away slowly... Don't turn your back on it or it may strike! :lol:

Search "new breed". Also, should find threads on these showing up in SFSO as ETA clones, which pissed many people off.

P4 is correct. I've had nothing but bad luck with a couple of them.

SSTEEL

Aha, so its one of those is it, darn it, its actually the first one I come across, I was expecting a 28XX series to be in this watch. I wonder if the owner knows. Best email them and see.

Cheers J, will let the owner know.

P4GTR

What watch did it come in? SFSO or BPSD I'm betting. Also look back, I edited my last post.

SSTEEL

Steelfish Breitling yes. Will check your edit now. Was about to ask if ETA hands fit this movement? I guess I will check the hands myself, and report back in this thread tomorrow ;)

SSTEEL

Reference photo.

Here's what the dial feet retainers look like on the 2813...

14141481332_b3488f0579_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

jdog

Steelfish Breitling yes. Will check your edit now. Was about to ask if ETA hands fit this movement? I guess I will check the hands myself, and report back in this thread tomorrow ;)

Hey Micky, Yes eta hands will/should fit. Mine also had the same dial feet pos. as my eta's. Prob was the shitty crown positions and wonkiness of pulling them out. They wont take eat stems and as P4 said sourcing parts is a bitch.

SSTEEL

Hey Micky, Yes eta hands will/should fit. Mine also had the same dial feet pos. as my eta's. Prob was the shitty crown positions and wonkiness of pulling them out. They wont take eat stems and as P4 said sourcing parts is a bitch.

Update, yes mate, you were correct, the hour, minute, and seconds hand all fit perfectly on an ETA movement :) Replacing this 2813 with an ETA for a customer now, so will use the 2813 for experimental purposes, and of course recycle spares :D

DR3M3L

Edit to add: It would be great to see your take on this movement. It would be a viable option if only there were replacement parts availability. I want to say ETA 28XX is a direct swap, but the hand sizes may be different. There's a lot of info on these in the "BP Sea dweller best SD period" thread over on RWI.

It's the DG2813-2S produced by Dixmont. Pain in the ass, keyless works fails, parts are hard to get and replacing it with a better clone is prob your best bet indeed. Also, when you strip the movement Micky, can you maybe shoot a pic of the cannon pinion for me?

SSTEEL

No worries mate, I will get a macro shot of the pinions on this 2813 for you :)

SSTEEL

Reference...

The stem from a 2813 will not fit an ETA or ETA clone.

Hazz

I am sitting here with the same movement, working, but no stem :(

SSTEEL

I am sitting here with the same movement, working, but no stem :(

Not easy to make your own either as they are similar, but not similar enough to make one.

ETA is the LONG one, 2813 the short one..

13971497007_a813844c63_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

SSTEEL

I posted a warning thread, a kind of guide to help members find out if their purchased reps have come with this inferior movement...

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=79493&st=0

The thing is, I am now uncertain if it should be called the new breed 2813 or not, as there is conflicting info, for example, the DG2813 is 21J, 21.600 whereas this one is 25J, and 28.800.

Fat Panda

I would very much like to know if the watch sold to our customer was indeed the new breed 2813 and if it was 21J or 25J, because we did compensate the customer based on the assessment that it was a 21J. The factory provided a timegrapher showing 28,800 and we sided with the forum consensus on this matter and severed relations with the factory because of this issue.

- FP

binatang

Wow! This looks like another ETA 28XX clone but with more manufacturing shortcuts!

I have not encountered one myself but I can see how this new mechanism can be problematic.

Merging the winding mechanism with the drivetrain bridge would require much tighter production tolerances.

If this doesn't accept gen parts ... there going to be furore in the rep community!

SSTEEL

I would very much like to know if the watch sold to our customer was indeed the new breed 2813 and if it was 21J or 25J, because we did compensate the customer based on the assessment that it was a 21J. The factory provided a timegrapher showing 28,800 and we sided with the forum consensus on this matter and severed relations with the factory because of this issue.

- FP

This new breed 2813 is 28.800bps, not 21.600bps.

Here's one of these latest 2813 new breed movement, and this is how it was running when removed from a customers watch.

14152633088_a09aaf827d_o.jpgSANY0356 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14152677610_d92574c387_o.jpgSANY0357 by Micky.!, on Flickr

J!m

Not bad! Only 47 seconds a day off!

(holy shizzle!)

SSTEEL

Plus the date change is goosed on this one, just like many others I have had in.

J!m

Frisbee?

SSTEEL

Damn it you bloody Chinese Feckers!

Recently replaced one of these POS movements for a Swiss ETA, and all was going well as I knew the stem was different, but knew the hands were compatible, but what I didn't account for was the rotor bearing being different.

My original plan was to swap the bearings over from the ETA rotor, and fit them to the Omega branded rotor, but as can see in the photos below, the void in the Omega rotor is too big, thus the ETA bearing is too small.

14402027291_1bb4845edf_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

I even contemplated changing the gear in the auto wind bridge, but alas its completely different also :)

14218787060_afdb06c732_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Grrrr

DR3M3L
Damn it you bloody Chinese Feckers!

Recently replaced one of these POS movements for a Swiss ETA, and all was going well as I knew the stem was different, but knew the hands were compatible, but what I didn't account for was the rotor bearing being different.

My original plan was to swap the bearings over from the ETA rotor, and fit them to the Omega branded rotor, but as can see in the photos below, the void in the Omega rotor is too big, thus the ETA bearing is too small.

14402027291_1bb4845edf_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

I even contemplated changing the gear in the auto wind bridge, but alas its completely different also :)

14218787060_afdb06c732_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Grrrr

I had exactly the same problem... :(

By the way I have a rotor lying for omega 2824 clone movement ;) Pm me if you need it.

SSTEEL

Thanks Joran, appreciated.

ROLIE

ive also had a one of these movements in an AP diver carbon. client said it was advertised by the td as eta clone

They are as you say crap movements as no parts to get .

but I did manage to find a dealer who sold the stems as I bought some as they where listed as eta but really thin compared to eta when I got them

seller was on the bay for the stems