Sign in to follow this  
Del

Fantastic Fossil For Father's Day!

Del

I know some folk will turn their noses up at a Fossil watch, and I've probably been guilty of such prejudice in the past, but I'm absolutely delighted with this one, not least because my two boys gave me it as a surprise for Father's Day! :D

This is one of Fossil's Decker Chronograph models, which is available in several colour variations and case types, with a s/s case, cream dial and brown leather strap. Of course, it has a quartz movement.

Size is 44mm x 13mm, strap width is 22mm and it has a 10 ATM water resistance rating. The brown leather strap is actually superb and is around 4mm thick with a good chunky buckle - there is absolutely no need to upgrade this strap. Having said that, I was also given a black silicon Fossil strap to enable me to use the watch on holiday and when swimming - both the leather and silicon straps have quick-release spring bars to enable strap changing without tools! :)

I think the watch looks great and has a bit of vintage Daytona or Speedmaster going on. The dial has several layers to it and there are nice concentric circles in the subdials and around the edge of the dial where the hour markers are. All of the hands are lumed but I don't think it's particularly strong.

I took a few snaps outside today so you can see for yourself - hope you enjoy the pics, even if you don't like the brand! ;)

14430958495_f3611367b9_b.jpg

P6154160v3 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

14430958235_4630bd68ef_b.jpg

P6154164v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

14429645592_c241340c96_b.jpg

P6154169v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

14430957815_99425b0c1d_b.jpg

P6154177v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

14427603011_6d7421f632_b.jpg

P6154181v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

14244510877_fbfb3e2e4d_b.jpg

P6154185v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

fellowsis

nice! have not seen this colour before! If only the large seconds hand was the chrono hand and running seconds was in the subdial, I would jump for one of these! congrats and happy fathers day!

Alex

Robin195959

Has a look of good build quality about it Del. I agree on the panda look too. Most important of all is where it came from. Enjoy!

stevok2305

Tbh not a brand snob either, looks pretty good to me. Wear it in good health.

Del

Thanks guys. :)

It does feel like a well made watch, especially with the nice leather strap.

Jagsman

Sentimental value over monetary any day of the week, it looks great and I guess feels even better, wear in good health!

millionaire wannabe

Fossils are nice, solidly made watches, a lot of bang for the buck. Wish they made more mechanical pieces though. Their leather straps are very good, durable too! :) Your kids have surprisingly good taste in watches! Right on! :)

RUSH2112

That's a beauty. With the ebel unavailable for TDs that's a nice sub isn't it?

Del

Cheers guys. Yes, the sentimental value outweighs everything else, and it was my wife who chose the watch - she done good! :D

I guess it does have a bit of Ebel Disco in it too Rush! :D

zufir

Really nice watch !!! Your pictures are always freaking crisp, it's almost as if they were free publicity for the piece you shot !!

Del

Thanks zufir - shooting outdoors with a bright but overcast sky makes it pretty easy to get a good pic, and today was perfect! ;)

tesmith2112

I like it! Anything from your kids is special too! Better not see this one in M2M...

KarmaToBurn

Looks great! Happy fathers day Del

zufir

I like it! Anything from your kids is special too! Better not see this one in M2M...

:rofl:

Payment sent!

TheTinMan

Congrats and happy Father's day. I agree, Fossil has some nice looking watches. I almost bought one a few weeks back - had sort of an IWC Portuguese mixed with a TAG 1887 vibe to it. I still managed to pick up a black leather strap with yellow stitching that looks great on my Seawolf. The Fossil buckle looks a little silly, but it will do for now, and it is super soft.

Edited by TheTinMan

NFleischer

Very nice looking gift there Del. The crystal is superclear! Congrats.

Del

Thanks all! :)

dalboy

Nice Del..

The Love behind the Gift , supersedes the Gift it's self !

Del

Thanks Dal. :thumbsup2:

greg_r

The only problem with Fossil is, well, the name. Yes, I know I'm getting older, but I don't feel quite ready to wear that label yet! :D

Nice watch, though mate. Enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Del
:lol: Yes, that crossed my mind too! Maybe I should change the thread title to "Fantastic Fossil for a fossil on Father's Day"!! :D

greg_r
:D

simey83

Looks great! Enjoy mate :)

trailboss99

Every now and again Fossil make a really nice watch, that's one of 'em. Well chosen Mrs Del.

Del

Cheers! :)