Sign in to follow this  
Genius

Warning! Do not try to order from a TD when you are intoxicated

Genius

OK so you have read the title, I need to point out first that I am not trying to slag off any of the TDs they are trusted for a reason (or many reasons) I am posting this becuase I am a moron who has been stung by an evil phenomena whilst under the influence of alcohol, but I'm sure others have fallen for the same thing whilst sober. What am I talking about you ask?

Replica replica watch sites

You have probably all seen them.. some scumbag tries to piggyback on the TDs reputation by uploading a clone of their website, if you are careful then its easy to avoid, just use the links on the official trusted dealers list:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=60

If you are not careful then prepare to be very disappointed.

Its something that really pisses me off but only because I was stupid enough to fall for one of them, and the TDs are as powerless to stop it as the gen manufacturers are to put an end to our hobby.

I had been emailing one of the TDs, Josh about a watch. Then during a beer session at a friends abode I decided I would show him the watch that I was planning on ordering, I went online did a quick search and ended up on a website, partly due to my inebriation and partly due to the apparent price drop of the piece I pulled out my credit card there and then and bought the watch. Happy as Larry I was.

Anyhow a few days later I notice I have had no email confirmation, no QC pics, and start to realize what has happened. Feeling somewhat embarrassed I do not want to email josh so do a quick search on his site and also on the forum and realise the order process was all wrong, also the price has not been reduced on his site I had been duped!

Thinking I have given my credit card details to a scammer I'm in a bit of a panic until this morning, I get a call from my office saying a small package has come in the post for me covered in yellow tape. I have nothing else on order from china ATM (apart from a Toro order that has not shipped yet) so the "scammers" must have fulfilled the order.

I'm kind of half excited half dreading to see what has been sent! Roll on moday morning so I can get in there and see how good or bad what has been delivered is!!!!!!!!!

FuzzyCoyote

Ah no. That sucks balls dude

We all do stupid stuff under the influence lol ;)

D_Chico

Haha ohhh man!! That's awesome! :giggle: good luck!

I hope its ok! At least you got something.. Hopefully.. (Keyword "something")

Can't wait to see what it is!! Keep us posted bud :)

D_Chico

I've seen those "clone" sites! Its crazy that they can just copy and paste like that and get away with it! Grrr..

RUSH2112

If you either link to site from here or use your favorites I'm not sure you can get drunk enough to go to the wrong site.

Mike on a bike

If you either link to site from here or use your favorites I'm not sure you can get drunk enough to go to the wrong site.

Sure you can come drink with me!

onionbag

We need pics.........and quickly.

Go to work now.........take a taxi if you've been drinking again.(Mandatory health warning as I have no liability insurance)

Mike on a bike

Another thread by me along same vein except he bought scary gens, we are a party hardy lot!

rusty peters

It could have been worse. You guys could have stolen Mike Tyson's tigers.

N.Rico

wow i want to see this :giggle: , jaja i am always down alcohol influence but i go step by step ,i can tell you how :beer2:

N.Rico

It could have been worse. You guys could have stolen Mike Tyson's tigers.

:rofl:

Genius

I wish it was mike Tyson's tigers probably gonna be less scary than what's in the yellow box!

Don't worry I will be dropping photos as soon as I am back in work on Monday!

I wish I could share the link but honestly don't know which site I ordered from been looking but none Look 100% like the one I gave my cc details to! If I was sober when I did it would have been much easier!

Will keep you all posted

millionaire wannabe

Hey, who knows, maybe you'll luck out and get a super rep? Stranger things have happened? :)

Vreds

What a cliffhanger! Looking forward to the pictures next week :thumbsup:

N.Rico

I wish it was mike Tyson's tigers probably gonna be less scary than what's in the yellow box!

I wish I could share the link but honestly don't know which site I ordered from been looking but none Look 100% like the one I gave my cc details to! If I was sober when I did it would have been much easier!

Will keep you all posted

well Josh normally ship in a foam box cover in yellow tape .

YotaBoy

Damn!! I'm excited! Maybe it'll be a Gaytona leopard edition :)

Genius

Will keep you all posted

well Josh normally ship in a foam box cover in yellow tape .

FYI everything I have ever had from China (including my sat TV box) has come in a box in yellow tape but here's hoping it's from Josh although I know it isn't

Genius
Damn!! I'm excited! Maybe it'll be a Gaytona leopard edition :)

Well I ordered a yacht master so maybe I'll be the first ever owner of the fabled gay master!

Genius

OK so I knew a few people were waiting to see the outcome of this and well I still dont know what I think about it.

I ordered a rep YM and that's what I got but wish I'd actually ordered it from josh and not fucked up and ordered from a josh clone whilst pissed.

So I will post what I think are the good and bad points then post pics to let you decide...

Good:

Solid case

Screw in caseback + crown (I know that these should be obvious but I didnt know what to expect)

O ring on crown (again same as above)

nice dial (lume not great although still a bit of lume) but everything else looks very good.

Decent sweep (for a 21j)

solid (ish) strap seems ok (but not bothered taking the plastic off)

decent uni-directional bezel with clicking in both directions (not as nice clicks as my noob sub)

decent crystal with nicely aligned cyclops

no spelling mistakes (noticed yet)

Ok so I know most/all of these things should be "take for granted" from a TD but I was expecting utter shite!

The Bad:

printing on date wheel is not very good

date will not set without advancing the hands 24 hours!

crown logo on the clasp is pressed not attached as a separate piece.

no micro etched crown logo at 6 o'clock

no engraving on rehaut

The main thing that is stopping me taking this out of the plastic and putting it on is the logo on the clasp, but I have a nato incoming so I may reconsider once that arrives

This is not the worst rep I have ever seen (or owned) but certainl;y not the best!.... The moral of this story is ORDER FROM A TD (or M2M) and if ordering from a TD actually make sure it is the real TD website!

Photos:

YM3.jpg

YM1.jpg

YM2.jpg

YM4.jpg

Conex

All I will say is, it could have been a lot worse. And I am sure we have all done worse things when under the influence. Thanks for sharing.

Genius

P.S.

Feel free top flame, diss point out flaws I don't care I deserve it! maybe help me learn my lesson!

All I will say is, it could have been a lot worse. And I am sure we have all done worse things when under the influence. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks pretty much what I thought... At least I got something!

Conex

P.S.

Feel free top flame, diss point out flaws I don't care I deserve it! maybe help me learn my lesson!

Thanks pretty much what I thought... At least I got something!

Haha yes.

avc0002

dang. I was really hoping to see a quartz.

Cynikal.Mindset

what did you pay for that piece of shit? lol

Realism

looks like a sillix cheapie? hope u didnt pay above $120 for that