Sign in to follow this  
rimarima2

dream in the making! Nautilus miyota + gen strap + caseback engravings + fixed dial hands & screw!

rimarima2

Dear Friends

Let me tell you about a little project...

I plan to acquire this PP nautilus with miyota movement

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_199&products_id=12149

and mod;

1- the hands on the dial in order to put in the correct ones more rounded ones

2- change the dial base screw to a narrower version so its closer to the gen

3- add engravings underneath the rotor on the caseback

4- add this strap from Gray & Sons http://www.grayandsons.com/product/20054/131

i promise to post pics once the project is complete! until then in theory, what do you think?

D_Chico

Wait til _DC_ sees this post! Lol..he's the man that all things Patek must go through first..you must have his blessing before you're able to move forward my friend..:giggle:

I'm really just kidding but DC is the man to talk to about these watches! Hopefully its all doable! It's an awesome idea I just hope all the parts will fit correctly.. Good luck buddy! Keep us posted :)

rimarima2

-i promise!

-i just wish they made the new patek in gold too! wouldve been WOW

gtwc

By the time you have added all your extras..................

you may as well have bought a gen !!!

Enjoy !!

Realism

By the time you have added all your extras..................

you may as well have bought a gen !!!

Enjoy !!

gen is $25k used now :giggle:

but i wouldnt bother adding all those to a rep watch... no one would know anyway

_DC_

Sounds good, interested to see how the hands mod goes as this is my only real gripe with the new model, I considered switching out the hands from the SW200 but I don't think they would fit the Miyota hand stack. Where do you plan on sourcing the hands mate?

As for the strap, you'll have a job with that, that strap is not designed for a Nautilus. The Nautilus' that have leather straps also have different end links with a "tongue" like a little tab that inserts into the end of the strap, so you would need to source these end links to fit the case (possibly use ones from the SW200 leather strap version) but also you'd need a strap with the correct plastic or metal insert to receive the tongue! So basically, not that strap you posted I'm afraid!

I've been looking for gen or OEM straps for Nautilus, but they are damn near impossible to find now, gens are upwards of $700-800 in most cases!!

In any case, good luck with your adventure, you have my blessing haha, keep me posted mate!!

DC

Realism

^hard to find probably because they were producing the straps back in the days where they had gold models for the nautilus, not anymore tho

_DC_
^hard to find probably because they were producing the straps back in the days where they had gold models for the nautilus, not anymore tho

Indeed! I bought an old strap daddy OEM croc strap for my Nautilus back in the day, and then sold the watch :( :( :( It shall be mine again one day though, mwahahaha (evil laugh)!

They are indeed like hens teeth, or rocking horse poo......... or exciting politicians!

DC

rimarima2

Mr DC! so gen straps are not interchangable like claimed?

_DC_
Mr DC! so gen straps are not interchangable like claimed?

Yes you can put a gen strap on a rep Nautilus (though some modding of the end link "tongue" was needed, but it has to be a gen Nautilus strap (the link you posted was just for a standard strap to fit any18mm lug Patek) and you have to have a Nautilus that's already has a leather strap on so that it has the correct end links! Check out the end of this strap, this was my OEM strap for my Nautilus...

A45E401D-4D69-4986-93B6-35F6835D3AA8-5413-00000A0AD1D284A2_zps4223d659.jpg

See the difference?!

DC

goodman

The steel looks so nice don't change it. Are u going to do the mods yourself?

Pseudonym

Indeed! I bought an old strap daddy OEM croc strap for my Nautilus back in the day, and then sold the watch :( :( :( It shall be mine again one day though, mwahahaha (evil laugh)!

They are indeed like hens teeth, or rocking horse poo......... or exciting politicians!

DC

Pssssst... Dave... Shhhh!!!! Come here!! No...closer... Closer... Wait; too close.

Check out Lpvbespokeleather.com

/whisper

Don't say I don't ever do nothin for ya... :nana:

D_Chico

The great "Patekologist" has spoken :giggle:

Now your post is complete

_DC_

DC

Pssssst... Dave... Shhhh!!!! Come here!! No...closer... Closer... Wait; too close.

/whisper

Oh hello!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work Rob, where'd you find this?

DC

_DC_

PS: To the OP, even with these straps that Pseudonym posted, you'll still need some end links (the ones pictured on that website aren't included in the product) and the only ones that will work from the rep world are SW200 ones, and they won't fit the new Miyota version as that's one of the areas that the SW200 and Miyota differ........ so not sure how you'll get around this, until they release the leather strap version of the Miyota with it's own leather strap compatible end links (which I imagine will happen eventually)!

DC

Pseudonym

I recommend contacting the TDs to locate a rep strap. I am suitably informed the endlinks fit on an LPV stap.

@Dave. It was way back before you sent me the rep strap mate. Random member I can't remember the name of sent me this link. LPV have confirmed they can remake the 5711g gen Matte croc with grey stitch to me previously. All for around £170ish I think.

Pseudonym

Cuddly teddy also happens to be selling your fabled 5711g on M2M right now... ;)

Realism

a couple of tens more and you would get ABP Paris to make you one as well

_DC_
I recommend contacting the TDs to locate a rep strap. I am suitably informed the endlinks fit on an LPV stap.

@Dave. It was way back before you sent me the rep strap mate. Random member I can't remember the name of sent me this link. LPV have confirmed they can remake the 5711g gen Matte croc with grey stitch to me previously. All for around £170ish I think.

Rep straps won't come with end links, even if they did they wouldn't fit the Miyota version so it's a non started for the new version at the moment!

Yeah $205, great price, I've messaged to ask if they can do it with black stitching though as I'm not keen on the contrast stitching! Now all I need is the spare cash to buy an SW200 5711 on leather strap, switch it out for one of these and I'm almost back to my much loved 5711g, why I ever sold it is beyond me....................... stupid I am :yoda:

DC

_DC_
Cuddly teddy also happens to be selling your fabled 5711g on M2M right now... ;)

He's selling it on bracelet, so won't have the necessary end links with the little tongues that insert into a leather strap, they're totally different!!!

'Swat I bin trying to tell y'all!!!!!

DC

Pseudonym

Jebus man!! Fine...

/help :(

P.s. At least you now have a strap source!

Oh FYI, if you send LPV a rep strap, they can use the rep inserts to ensure a good fit.

So go buy a 5711g on leather then :boxedin:

_DC_
Jebus man!! Fine...

/help :(

P.s. At least you now have a strap source!

Oh FYI, if you send LPV a rep strap, they can use the rep inserts to ensure a good fit.

So go buy a 5711g on leather then :boxedin:

Haha, just trying to save the poor fella from spending a shed load of cash and still not being able to do what he wants! But as ever Rob your sources are much appreciated, and no doubt I will be investing at some point in one of these LPV straps, they look lush!

Love you :wub:

DC

Pseudonym

#boats&hoes :lol:

wild05kid05

Tell you what :P, tell your TD or another TD you bought the watch on bracelet, now you want it on leather so they source the endlinks for you. Must get the buckle as well, all together should be around $125 shipped via EMS. It'd be great if I can keep a rep strap for future R&D.

The project sounds great but I wouldn't waste money on the caseback mod though.

lpv

UmpaHimself

DC

/whisper

fEWff6S.gif