Sign in to follow this  
cogwatch

I'm Wearing a Very Special Watch Today!!

cogwatch

What special watch, you ask?

The beautiful watch and strap combination pictured below!!! Thanks to Ice_Man (Scott) and McJules (Jon, aka Bond Tailored Straps). Watch from Scott, and strap of course from Jon. Both are special in their own way.

The watch came from Scott a while back at a time when he really needed to let it go. Many of you know Scott's story. I didn't have a PAM 243 on my want list, actually wasn't even really interested in a 243 at all. I'd seen plenty of pics, but it just didn't excite me. But Scott really needed to sell it so I pulled the trigger. Once I got it I REALLY liked it. Pics just don't do the 243 justice. You have to see it in real life to really get it. Thanks Scott for introducing me to this wonderful watch!!

The strap, which just arrived this weekend, is very special indeed. It was conceived by Scott and Jon, made by Jon, and the easy part, purchased by me. Jon possessed a WW1 Italian Naval belt from 1914, the leather just turned 100 years old this year! Scott thought, as Panerai was founded in the late 1800s for specialized equipment for the Italian Navy, it would be great to have a strap made from material that holds such historical significance. On top of the historical significance of the leather, Scott came up with the idea of having the Italian Navy's motto "Patria e Onore", which means "Country and Honor", branded on the inside of the strap to add to the significance of the PAM's heritage.

Needless to say, now that the strap arrived this weekend, this awesome combo is on my wrist today. And maybe even tomorrow, in complete violation of my strict rotation schedule!!!

Thanks Scott and Jon for this beautiful watch and strap combination. You are both great friends, great members, and part of why RWG is so special.

Ok, enough rambling. On to the most important thing, the pics. The last 2 pics are of a remnant of the WW1 belt that Jon used. He included it in with the strap as a surprise. Thanks Jon!!!

I Hope you enjoy this work of art as much as I do!!!

033e93b6-f477-438e-917e-c7f58142bbe4_zpsa7d887d2.jpg

4b24ac27-4dea-4c7a-b255-eee8cf01db92_zps6bcdc02d.jpg

b942cbe8-f7f5-48ae-a0df-886d9c901b3b_zps1a58e8d6.jpg

26baa681-d6e0-4b7d-9c7d-97ee7ba169fd_zps2ca934d0.jpg

1bf5c14c-ab91-4b32-a83e-2975e770b5e4_zpsfd61edee.jpg

beaa8758-c161-4c7e-b8e3-2c6a1b0931c7_zpsc143b591.jpg

1f40d89f-27c4-48f1-a924-87eb1177bd49_zpsd1e4a90b.jpg

47d2f2a0-22f1-4004-9409-5f8f2e979fee_zpsd9b7f6f0.jpg

1157dc16-06a8-4cfb-bdcc-86ab3b60f11c_zpsd52a8973.jpg

andyboy

Is it me or are the pictures not working

I need pictures

Kcore

I need pictures

It's not you. The links aren't showing the pics. But Cogwatch's write up was compelling enough foe me to click on each link and view all the pics.

That's a real beauty CW! Wear it in health. I'd be very interested to know how Jon transformed that very old leather as seen in your last to pics to the beauty that you now have.

cogwatch

I need pictures

Yes, it was a major pic fail with a quick recovery :lol:

andyboy

Great recovery

and a stunning combo,I love Jon`s work.

:thumbsup:

Jonnybaws

That's a stunning combo!

Bravo to all concerned...

UmpaHimself

I don't know who Scott is but if I were him I would want my damn watch back!

GenTLe

Excellent job!

Just sad that today here in Italy the people just care a fuck about that motto :(

Mechwarrior

Excellent job!

Just sad that today here in Italy the people just care a fuck about that motto :(

Perchè secondo te sta patria vale dei sacrifici? ;)

abs0025

The 243 never did anything for me either, but I think these pictures may have changed my mind. Very cool piece.

niff

Great looking watch! And also strap! Jealousy is a bitch.

Do however tell us more about that rotation schedule! I became a tad curious

GenTLe

Excellent job!

Perchè secondo te sta patria vale dei sacrifici? ;)

Il fatto è che siamo finiti in sto modo proprio perché moltissima gente pensa che il nostro paese non valga un cazzo e quindi meglio prendere il massimo possibile, in una visione personalistica/utilitaristica, senza nessun tipo di spinta al bene comune. (E no, non sono di destra, nonostante potrebbe sembrare da quanto scritto) ;)

StormyNight
That's a stunning combo!

+1

Gorgeous and because of this I'm going to wear my 243 on JohnG leather tomorrow :D

Jonnybaws
That's a stunning combo!

+1

Gorgeous and because of this I'm going to wear my 243 on JohnG leather tomorrow :D

I need to sort my shite out and get me a leather strap for my 243.....

cogwatch

Great looking watch! And also strap! Jealousy is a bitch.

Do however tell us more about that rotation schedule! I became a tad curious

The basis behind my rotation schedule is I have 100+ watches and I wear a different one of them every day. You can see the watches here, though there have obviously been some changes in the mix including the PAM 243 that this thread is all about: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...dpost&p=1319524

So as not to stand in front of my 100+ watches every day trying to figure out what to wear, a while ago I came up with a method to help. Here is a blurb below on the subject from another thread. Note, at that time the wear list was for 50 watches. It's 100 now, but I don't have a pic of the new 100 number list. If you have a lot of watches, this really works!!

Blurb from another thread:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for anyone wondering if I really wear that many watches, in fact I do. I use random.org to generate a 1 to 50 (now 100) random wear order. My random number wear order idea has a number of positive elements. None of that morning stress standing there in front of my watches debating which one to wear. And it helps me to not just stick with my absolute favorites but to wear all of my watches. I'm always happy when I put on the next watch on the list instead of always one of the top favorites as I like all the watches I have and enjoy wearing them once I put them on. And the top favorites still get extra time in the rotation as I'll wear them outside the list when I change to a different watch in the evening, or wear more than one on a weekend day. My current random wear list is below. If you have a lot of watches, you should give it a try!!!

6a2a24a057a9a6183ae5595258d1d443_zps74b9f90b.jpg

-

nofitstate

Lovely combo! Makes wish I still had my 243

Frazzle

This is a great watch, great strap and even greater story. Thanks so much for sharing. Enjoyed this read!

<RJ>

Gorgeous watch and strap combo!

:thumbsup:

McJules

Wow!! It's even better on the watch P!!!

It has been a real pleasure making you this strap my friend! :)

Wear it proudly! ;)

cogwatch

Wow!! It's even better on the watch P!!!

It has been a real pleasure making you this strap my friend! :)

Wear it proudly! ;)

Hey Jon. I told you, it does look even better than you imagined, doesn't it. Absolutely perfect combination.

You are an asset to this forum, and I know where I'm getting my next strap from!! Details of the VC Overseas coming when I have some more money :lol:

McJules

Absolutely!!

I still have enough of that belt for a last strap. I think i'll keep that to make me one for my personnal collection :D

Thanks alot for the kind word my friend! I truly appreciate it!

cogwatch

You should definitely make a strap for yourself with the remaining belt material. If you don't, you'll always wish you had.......

HeavyKrush

Very nice mate. Jon does indeed do great work.

Daywatch

It´s a great looking combo and unique strap - congrats

DR3M3L

Awesome combo! Love for the 243 and big thumbs up to Jon for this beautiful strap!