Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

Just Landed...PAM 224 Firenze Special Edition...but feared the worst

Gazzla

Evening All

Edit: Full photoshoot here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=84943&hl=&fromsearch=1

Never liked PAMs. All looked the same. Didn't get 'em at all.

Been in this rep game for 10 years or so now and have owned 20 or so reps over that time, although my current collection consists of 11, 5 of them Aqua Terras. :lol:

Anyway, I was browsing through ALE's guide: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=67386 which, for the noobs reading this, is a must read before you fritter away your hard earned dosh on a PAM, and then I saw it. A 224 Special Edition Firenze. And I loved it. Did some more research, saw some gens and finally came to the inevitable conclusion that I had to have the best version available. Pop my PAM cherry, as it were. :lol:

Ordered last Tuesday, it arrived today, although when I received the package from DHL I feared the worst as you can see from these pics:

WeRfmZP.jpg?2

Looked like it had taken a proper kick-in. I gingerly took off the outer packaging, to be confronted with this: :sad:

(didn't think to sort out the white balance on the camera: too distraught)

A482xca.jpg?1

F3AgZiH.jpg?1

At this point I was willing to forego my Atheist tendencies and say a small prayer...

:picard2:

Geoul2J.jpg?1

uFs7ePJ.jpg?1

The box and packaging had clearly been tampered with, probably by those nice people at HM Customs...

AuQRqa8.jpg?1

With great intrepidation, I removed the rest of the packaging. And breathed a huge sigh of relief that no damage was done. Phew!

I was amazed. Absolutely amazed. The blue dial is something else. It came on a bog standard, crappy black faux croc strap with deployment clasp. The clasp is actually quite good, but I already bought a decent tan leather buckle strap in anticipation.

I'm going to do a proper photoshoot when I get a bit of time later this week, but for now here's a few shitty pics:

zFBAzoH.jpg?1

xwC1FI1.jpg

zvgYu2w.jpg?1

9QpEOn7.jpg?1

UoZhvCz.jpg

By the way, I really like how the straps can be changed using the screw-in springbars :lol:

This could be the start of a serious relationship...

Gaz

TheInthusiest

My fucking god that blue dial is gorgeous! :drool:

I broke up with my gf, so i have more funds than before. Im seriously considering changing my PAM 390 order to something like this now...

:fuck:

abs0025

Why must you tempt me with such a beautiful watch?!? That dial is insane :)

UmpaHimself

Wow, that dial!

ALE7575

Many thanks Gazzla for sharing these pics

I have to admit that I never saw a rep PAM 224 and knew the blue dials from PAM 326. and gens.

I like a lot the shape of Luminor case of Chrono Daylights I think is nicer than 1950 cases. Unfortunately the Daylights are not as accurate as 1950 chronos.

I assume that there are no perfect reps of Daylight, although THESE Noob 2013 versions fitted with A7753 are much better in general. I was very reluctant getting a Daylight for those reasons

After seeing your fantastic watch I have to change of idea and I have to admit that the good construction, finish, quality and (why not ?) beauty of this watch allow to forget all those little inaccuracies. Even the most likely inaccurate colour of dial can be forgotten in front of the impressive look of this watch. Very recommendable over all considerations IMO

Congrats and enjoy it !!

ALE

BTW; I will include your link in PAM GUIDE asap

Edited by ALE7575

dalboy

Loving the colour of that dial.. really very nice .

CG looks to be very good as doe's the Pin.

Looks particularly good on that Asso too.

Wear it in the best of health mate

Dal.

Gazzla

I have to admit that I never saw a rep PAM 224 and knew the blue dials from PAM 326. and gens.

I like a lot the shape of Luminor case of Chrono Daylights I think is nicer than 1950 cases. Unfortunately the Daylights are not as accurate as 1950 chronos.

I assume that there are no perfect reps of Daylight, although Noob 2013 versions fitted with A7753 are much better in general. I was very reluctant getting a Daylight for those reasons

After seeing your fantastic watch I have to change of idea and I have to admit that the good construction, finish, quality and (why not ?) beauty of this watch allow to forget all those little inaccuracies. Even the most likely inaccurate colour of dial can be forgotten in front of the impressive look of this watch. Very recommendable over all considerations IMO

Congrats and enjoy it !!

ALE

Many thanks ALE. Your opinions regarding PAMs have to be considered. You wrote the PAM Bible, after all!

By the way, this is the noob 2013 version, but you knew that, didn't you? I'll PM you when I've done a proper photoshoot. Perhaps you would include in your guide?

Thanks, ALE.

Gaz

N.Rico

thats beautiful , if its your first PAM get your box ready for a few more that for sure will come , welcome to the PAM fever , enjoy it .

Gazzla

Loving the colour of that dial.. really very nice .

CG looks to be very good as doe's the Pin.

Looks particularly good on that Asso too.

Wear it in the best of health mate

Dal.

Thanks, Dal. Can't take my eyes off it!! :)

ALE7575

I assume that there are no perfect reps of Daylight, although Noob 2013 versions fitted with A7753 are much better in general. I was very reluctant getting a Daylight for those reasons

Congrats and enjoy it !!

ALE

Many thanks ALE. Your opinions regarding PAMs have to be considered. You wrote the PAM Bible, after all!

By the way, this is the noob 2013 version, but you knew that, didn't you? I'll PM you when I've done a proper photoshoot. Perhaps you would include in your guide?

Thanks, ALE.

Gaz

Hi Gaz

Of course I knew this was a Noob 2013, and that was my recommendation. Maybe my last writing post was a bit confused. I have edited my last post including the word THESE.

Anyway, it is easy to identify Noob 2013 version following my reviews of Daylights

Yes, of course I will include your links in PAM GUIDE. Better links than pics to save space

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

Twotimer

Gorgeous! I really want a blue dial watch and this blue PAM looks fantastic. Thanks for posting photos.

Ishmael

Outstanding :clap:

Of all the major brands that are repped, PAMs are my least favorite. But more like yours will certainly turn that opinion around. Love that light strap you put on it too!

From whom did you get this fine piece?

Gazzla

Outstanding :clap:

Of all the major brands that are repped, PAMs are my least favorite. But more like yours will certainly turn that opinion around. Love that light strap you put on it too!

From whom did you get this fine piece?

Bought from Toro. Great service, although his packaging leaves a bit to be desired...

:lol:

rh9999

I have the same watch but with a SS bracelet that I bought in July last year. A couple of things that I noticed when I got it.

1) A slightly floppy hand @3 - an issue with the A7753 I understand.

2) A slightly misaligned 'Firenze' underneath 'Panerai'. Not quite parallel and sloping down to the right a tad.. The pics above look similar but I may be wrong.

Apart from that perfecto...and the blue dial is great. Weighs a ton with the SS bracelet.

HWG

awesome shots, great watch, congrats!

centrum

Good looking Daylight buddy! Never thought of a blue dial rep daylight to purchase, but this changed my mind!

Hughmungus

Lovely looking dial and like the strap look forward to some more shots. Hmmm decisions decisions

medezonok

Beautifully, especially color of the dial!

anfalas

I'm really not a big fan of PAMs but I gotta say yours is the nicest I've seen and that strap looks absolutely mint on it. Enjoy :D

greg_r

You're doomed. DOOOOMED! :D

Lovely watch, mate. Enjoy it!

Gazzla

You're doomed. DOOOOMED! :D

Lovely watch, mate. Enjoy it!

Cheers, G.

You're right, of course; I'm now having a look round for a 162... :facepalm:

FFS

Bulldog72

Beautiful Watch. My love affair with PAM is growing by the minute.

Tits McGee

BIG mistake going with a 224 before a 111 or 005. You're pretty well screwed now. What the unsuspecting don't take into consideration is the fact you'll be buying straps now. (See Dan Migliore). Nice knowing you pal! :titsmcgee:224.jpgExp012.jpg

Gazzla

BIG mistake going with a 224 before a 111 or 005. You're pretty well screwed now. What the unsuspecting don't take into consideration is the fact you'll be buying straps now. (See Dan Migliore). Nice knowing you pal! :titsmcgee:224.jpgExp012.jpg

Thanks, Tits.

Is that your 224 on a bracelet? Looks stunning.

And you're right, already bought two straps :boohoo:

Gaz