Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

Removing ceramic bezel insert

SteveA

Anyone tried removing DSSD ceramic bezel without breaking it and how did you do it?

kennycoder

I'd try some precision tools like sledgehammer or something.

:D

I did it for my ceramic GMT with sewing string around the bezel insert... but I guess the experts will have some better advise.

DR3M3L

You can choose:

1. Smash the crystal with a hammer, this will make space to lift the bezel insert from the inside.

2. Remove the bezel with a proper knife or bezel removal tool and then remove the inner bezel.

If you want to remove the inner bezel without removing the whole bezel then you might want to order a replacement before you even try ;)

SSTEEL

They can be a royal pain in the arse, especially the cheap Ceramic subs, their bezels are fitted in such a way, a case knife, or proper bezel remover won't shift it.

SteveA

The way this one is made is you must remove the ceramic to get to the spring,take the spring out and the bezel pops off.The bezel won't come off without doing this first

Mattcrx

Depends how it's glued down... If it's a cheapie normally it's just sting double sided tape, see if you can find a thin tool just to pry it out obviously very carefully

SSTEEL

Heat with an hairdryer first, this will soften the double sided tape.

SteveA

Will try the hair dryer but I have a feeling that I put it back with superglue when it came loose so maybe Iam stuck with it,no pun intended

BC1221

very light heat with a hair dryer.

see if you can slip a xacto blade in the edge of the insert and pry it up slowly.

this has worked for me in the past but i can promise itll work for everyone. some inserts are more recessed than others.

you could always use some duct tape and try to pull it off.

Bigcountrykris

Heat with an hairdryer first, this will soften the double sided tape.

100% this

Mattcrx

I wouskbt glue it back with superglue, use GS Hypocerment, gives you time to make sure it perfect. Super glue is abit hit and miss.