Sign in to follow this  
JSJ

Omega Speedmaster pusher came out - fixed

JSJ

Decided to wear my Speedy today. Picked it up and the pusher at 4 fell out. I was lucky because I noticed straight away so I found it immediately.

This is a rep Speedy and has been to Kenny for a relume and fitting of a gen plexi.

This evening I opened it up, carefully took out the movement and the circlip dropped out. Phew!

Close examination showed the circlip looked complete and not damaged at all. Odd. I examined the pusher and the pusher hole. The only issue was what appeared to be tiny white pieces of something round the hole. They were also round the other hole for the pusher at 2 and in the case.

Very odd. Anyway, I cleaned them all up, not really understanding. I clipped the circlip onto the pusher. It went home with a very good firm click and looked fine - the same as the other one. I really could not see how the circlip could come loose.

The movement went back in and then I put the plastic movement holder back in around the movement. Oh...

As I pushed the holder in to seat it, it obviously interfered with the circlips on both pushers. See red arrows in pic. Not so easy to show but the pushers didn't even always come out fully to their home position. The circlips were catching the movement holder. Now it became obvious how the circlip had come off. It had been catching the movement holder. Hence the tiny white pieces in the case. Lots of them. There was no position of the movement holder where it did not catch the circlips.

Circlips_catch_movement_holder_zpsb63ec407.png

Crappy pic of the crappy movement holder.

Movement_holder_interferes_here_zpsd55344c2.png

I looked to shave some of the plastic off but on refitting, it still caught the circlips.

Cut it out. I did.

Cut_movement_holder_zps34c27635.png

The three pieces of the modified movement holder are snug in the case and I'm confident they won't move.

Cut_movement_holder_in_place_zps187dd04d.png

So if you are one who is comfortable with opening up a watch and removing a movement holder, this might be worth checking on your Speedy. It might well save you losing a pusher and having a circlip disappear inside the movement, both at the same time. What fun that would be!