Sign in to follow this  
dennisvdl

BP seadweller vs gen seadweller

dennisvdl

Hi guys finally got my BP seadweller and I thought it's time for a side by side comparison. Bought the watch from Intime (not a TD here) great communication, watch arrived and looked good. But after wearing it, it lost time. Only when i hand wind it, it works great. But after a time it looses time (still running but looses a lot of time) and it looks like i doesn't automatically wind it self..

TD asked to send it back so he can fix it. So maybe i'll do that.

Gen is the one with the date set on 24.

But now on to the side by side comparison!

a6yzahet.jpg

7ubusape.jpg

Gen on the right.

a3a8aher.jpg

4agu3y9u.jpg

derupyry.jpg

6y7abu5e.jpg

Iphone 5 pics with shitty light so not ideal.

Let me know what you guys think. Or if you know how i can fix the movement.

Grtz!

Kemist

from what my noob eyes can see: Pearl on the rep looks a bit pressed down, crown guard is a tad pointier, engravings on case back are a bit thicker

Trüffi

Buy a Gen Insert and you will have a top SD Rep

Daywatch

Thanks a lot for the comparison. Very fine one. From this comparison really the main mod I see is to 1. change the crown, the crown really stands out on the gen 2. possibly get a gen insert.

The rep is a fine one with a good movement normally. Intime although not a TD on this forum is quite reliable with good qc. A pity this passed. Would try to wind it once more 30 times and use it for a day to see how it behaves. Otherwise send it back. Up to $120 maybe would prefer to have it serviced locally if possible. Let´s see other opinions.

dennisvdl

What I also noticed and it's known flaw, that the hands are more "greener".

I forgot to say that it has a TC bracelet. I must say that my BP bracelet was pretty good. But the main reason i bought the bracelet is that on the BP the midlink on the endlinks are a bit higher.

TC

avesage8.jpg

Bp

ygy6asam.jpg

Daywatch

Thx for the update. If the hands are noticeably greener the common mods are to swap the hands and the dial for TC ones. TC has the specific offering for the SD. If You intend to do these mods it would be worth sending it all to one of the forum modders depending on location and have it all done, movement repair and waterproofing included.

Dr. Jimmy
dennisvdl

Fletchett

There is a gap between the crown and cg, no gap on BP, and obviously the cg shape is wrong.

The lugs look different, they are longer and have a different angle, and I bet the overall length is different on BP.

Hour markers surroundings thinner and lume sits flush on gen, BP has fat surrounding and recessed lume.

Minute hand thinner on gen.

There is a lot to improve ...but without a gen next to it BP looks ok.

Dr. Jimmy
You can replace the hands with Clark's ones. An easy and cheap fix for the mismatched lume.

http://www.ebay.com/...%3D251589643395

I have the 2813 "high beat" movement. Stupid of me to save on the movement.

Will they fit?

Nope :(

Dr. Jimmy

There is a gap between the crown and cg, no gap on BP, and obviously the cg shape is wrong.

The lugs look different, they are longer and have a different angle, and I bet the overall length is different on BP.

Hour markers surroundings thinner and lume sits flush on gen, BP has fat surrounding and recessed lume.

Minute hand thinner on gen.

There is a lot to improve ...but without a gen next to it BP looks ok.

Listen to the guy with 11 posts, he must know what he's talking about...

Fletchett

:)

Having two eyes, nothing to do with post count.

TK01

The font on the gen is thinner, also the gen Lume markers look bigger. You should stick with our TD here on RWG. Sounds like you got a lemon already.

lofi

everything is pretty moddable on this watch without breaking the bank. the only thing that still bothers me about this and most rolex sport reps is the crown height. even tho I swapped a gen 703 in, it still bugs me to see it sitting so low. can't do anything about it. its how the eta based movements sit in these cases. but with a tc package of hands, dial, and bracelet. a gen bezel, crown+tube. bk datewheel and a brand new out of the bag eta 2824 with h4 pins installed. I'd say at about 650us in, its my best non franken I own.

(oh yeah.. I never post here for some reason I've pm'd forever in here but no posts :).. I should change that I think)

Edited by lofi

plankton
from what my noob eyes can see: Pearl on the rep looks a bit pressed down, crown guard is a tad pointier, engravings on case back are a bit thicker
for some reason the bp just has flaws that stand out. The triangle is better.

BC1221

I've got to get one of these! Next on my list.

I wonder if a atheya 702 crown would work on that tube....

Anybody try?

Kwt

I had one of these - the BP 21J Hi-beat version. It cost less then £100 and out of the box it's pretty damn decent so def worth a punt if you want an alternative to the sub.

Garry

That's a nice comparison. I recently got one of these from Josh and it is now my favourite watch. The Sea Dweller just ticks all of the boxes for me.

eduardor

One of the very best reps available. I Have two of them. The 16600 wich i wear most of the time, and reciently recieved another one wich is with my watchmaker becomeing a 666, dilled lugs, yuki matt dial with white lume, and relumed hands and dial with just a little patina, waiting for a gen crown and tube to have it installed as well. Can't wait to have it on my wrist.

northantsrich

That looks really good

BC1221

Would love to see that 666 when it's done.

One of my all time favs.

As for the hands , you could just buy some lume and relume them.

Doesn't take a lot of skill to relume merc hands.

$5 bucks worth of lume and $5 bucks worth of binder would be more than enough.

Mbari

Just what I was looking for thanks !

fredz

Any idea when the new SD4000 superrep from NOOB will come out?