Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

Review / Rep vs Gen: 2014 Breitling Navitimer World *updated @ 2017/05*

kennycoder

Hi all. Though this day would never come, but I was mistaken! So, let's start.

Quoting from breitling's website:

Ever ready for takeoff, the Navitimer World travel watch features an extremely practical and easily readable dual time­zone system. A red-tipped additional central hand displays the time in another part of the globe on a 24-hour scale – thus indicating whether it is day or night in the relevant location. The selfwinding chronograph movement is protected by a large case available in steel. The caseback is engraved with the timezones of the world’s major cities.

This watch has an amazing wrist presence. It's classy and at the same time modern, with fantastic lines and gorgeous dial. I've chosen the cream white dial because it's simply stunning. Never owned previous generation of navitimer world (only had a classic navi), but all of them suffered from quite awful flaws like sunken DW, misaligned ruler, incorrect date font, misspellings on the back and other small nuances.

Not so long ago a new version of Navitimer01 hit the rep market, I bought it and was very pleased with every detail, well, except for the sunken DW.

There were rumors about new Navitimer World since the beginning of 2013 (somewhere deep on RG). Year and a half later Andrew and Josh launch their exclusive project (for now) aka updated Navitimer World. Once I saw the "press release", I had to order one. It arrived today and it's simply stunning. Not only they have corrected the sunken DW (well 99%), the ruler is aligned, the DW font is correct, the dial is unbelievably well made, case-back has correct engravings, the bracelet is also "fixed" (end links on the clasp are not "once piece" as was before.. now it has 3 cylindrical spacers). AR on this piece is top notch, I mean the color and intensity are pretty much gen like. The only possible complaints are the bezel stiffness / unevenness during rotation and finish of the clasp (only inside).

Enough talk, let see some eye-candy. Tried to do my best, so please don't judge hard: (Rep always on the left, gen on the right.)

SEi970l.jpgfMInFNH.jpgyf0zZu0.jpgf5F9RIV.jpgLsVzqvW.jpgarwZEuC.jpgMdIfTLX.jpgc5t0Avc.jpg

nofitstate

Thanks for this.

Always been a fan of the Navitimer World, but haven't bothered with the rep due to the sunken date wheel. This new version is very interesting and I'm going to have to look into it more after seeing your pictures.

PeterPotamus

really nice, enjoy your watch and thanks for the review

D_Chico

Holy shit buddy! :o

Aaaaaammaaazing!!!! Now I want one even more! :lol:

Congrats :thumbsup: Thanks for the awesome comparison pics! :)

kennycoder

As good as photos might look, in real life it looks way better, believe me. I might go to an AD this weekend where an ex-colleague of mine works. If they have one, I'll see if I can grab some side-by-side pics.

TK01

wow great job on comparison. this watch is beautiful. I am still waiting on the Navitimer 46 mm version :)

BC1221

thats a big ass watch!

not really a fan of these but the quality looks damn good.

wear it well

kennycoder

Well it's 46mm but honestly it doesn't feel like it. If feels quite smaller than my PAM386!

thats a big ass watch!

not really a fan of these but the quality looks damn good.

wear it well

Lefty83g

What was the cost and can you give me a link please I gotta have it

HeavyKrush

Wow, that date looks awesome.

Ishmael

That's breathtaking. :drool:

I just got my Montbrillant, which is also a white dial, but I may just have to get another one...

Ishmael

Quick question: what's the lug width? My Monty is a 22mm, so this must be a 24mm?

Lefty83g

I just got my Montbrillant, which is also a white dial, but I may just have to get another one...

We are passengers on same boat I got a Monty en route but damn if I ain't gonna order this tomorrow lol

Ishmael

We are passengers on same boat I got a Monty en route but damn if I ain't gonna order this tomorrow lol

Attaboy mate! :clap: Gotta love a man of action!

kennycoder

Quick question: what's the lug width? My Monty is a 22mm, so this must be a 24mm?

Yep it's 24mm.

What was the cost and can you give me a link please I gotta have it

It's Trusty's / PC's exclusive... so just go to their webpage and it's there (down for now, new domain will kick in soon). It was about 360 USD.

markeym3

Looks great , very happy they have dealt with the issues from previous navi's , would love to see this on a dark brown strap ,,,,

Great pics and write up, thanks for sharing,,

dapperhonda

That rep looks awesome. Definitely one of the first pieces I plan on purchasing. Thanks for the in-depth review.

kennycoder

Ok, time for a small update. I went to a AD where an ex colleague of mine works, but they only had a blue dial version. I wasn't authorized to take side-by-side pics but I can comment on the following:

1) AR is the same, prolly 5%-10% more blue-ish than the gen.

2) Case looks exactly the same in terms of width / height, except for some finishing of the lugs.

3) Bracelet feels way better on the gen

4) DW looks slightly more recessed but it's very difficult to compare because on the white dial you tend to see the shadow more than on the dark one... very close call

5) DW font is slightly different on some numbers, but virtually impossible to spot.

6) Dial printing is top notch

7) Crown, pushers, caseback are spot on in terms of everything!

8) On the gen the bezel rotates smootly, on my rep it's quite uneven and gets tougher in some places during rotation.

Not sure if can be called a super rep, but in my personal opinion, yes it can.

ilkay5094

It might be worth buying the gen strap

Ishmael

Sorry... this thread just got bumped and that watch is FUCKING GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had to say that. :)

str65

This is what I've been waiting for. But needs a gen bracelet. I hate the rep clasp on every breitling I have seen. But the watch is beautiful!

kennycoder

After soaking rep bracelet in WD-40 for some time, it became very gen-ish like. Still minor differences are present but overall huge improvement compared to previous versions.

Alcs

God !! I want one now give me a paypal address to send money now... Thank you for the time and the review

Batespcm
God !! I want one now give me a paypal address to send money now... Thank you for the time and the review

There is one on m2m at the moment

plankton

excellent review, really good stuff bro!!!