Sign in to follow this  
tonysoprano211

Just arrived - 116610 v4 (pics)

tonysoprano211

Hi guys!

I was ready to wait for another week but look what surprised me @ home!

Ordered some 2 weeks ago, received today. Thanks toro!!!!

I did my best to capture the first impressions.

What I noticed so far (= in the past 60 minutes):

-Looks good, feels good.

-The edges are a bit too sharp

-The bracelet is a bit stiff

-the crown on the glass (tried to make a pic of it )is almost invisible

-the lume is not as blue as on the pics. a bit blueish-greenish

-the 12:00 crown on the rehault is MAYBE 1/5mm off to the left. definetely hard to spot

-the pearl is well centered

Lookig forward to your comments. Also critical comments (on improvements, tells and imperfections) most welcome! As a noob in this hobby I need to learn :-)

gu97bpjv.jpg

jofmazlu.jpg

ew8qpmmx.jpg

hgiiek8x.jpg

euav5fcd.jpg

y6iiek6i.jpg

dutdhf2b.jpg

9wgfyo73.jpg

yhk9d3tm.jpg

vsh4jjuw.jpg

blm6ywym.jpg

khoh5bjv.jpg

2rts8vl5.jpg

cvtjegbk.jpg

kdrpla2n.jpg

wtyukar2.jpg

l2ojqpcv.jpg

Edited by tonysoprano211

RevoWution

Congrats on the new watch!! Looks great!!

I will agree, in most circumstances, the lume is more of a green-blue. When it's fully charged however, it's a blue :)

Daywatch

Looks really good. Congrats and wear it well :)

some cheap solutions:

Bracelet: take it off and soak it 24 hrs. in Baby Oil (Johnssons :) ), clean with warm water & toothbrush/paste

Sharp edges: in Pafumeries they sell special Nail polish files with 4 different layers from coarse to ultrafine - get one and work over the sharp edges, also good to polish tiny scratches

1/5mm off: something for later once You have some fine screwdrivers, bluetac and an o-ring-greaser; You just open the backcase (ducttape), loosen (not unscrew) the 2 movement holder screws and give it a tiny, tiny move without forcing the stem with a toothpick - grease the backcase o-ring - put it all together - should be waterproof as well for swimming:)

tonysoprano211

Thank you!!!!

As our neighbours from the dark side aksed me - a pic update. With a better resolution this time.

Thank you for the advice, daywatch. Is there any step by step tutorial for that?

PS: Just checked the time keeping: +3-4s in 18h. Ok, I guess...

Edited by tonysoprano211

tonysoprano211

How about the AR? Is that ok. Shall I have it AR-ed? The lens has a slight purple hue. Does not disturb me a lot but if there is an easy way to get rid of it, I'd do it.

BC1221

the crystal shouldnt have AR

rolex doesnt use AR.

the only part of a crystal that should have AR is under the cyclop

RevoWution
Looks really good. Congrats and wear it well :) some cheap solutions: Bracelet: take it off and soak it 24 hrs. in Baby Oil (Johnssons :) ), clean with warm water & toothbrush/paste Sharp edges: in Pafumeries they sell special Nail polish files with 4 different layers from coarse to ultrafine - get one and work over the sharp edges, also good to polish tiny scratches 1/5mm off: something for later once You have some fine screwdrivers, bluetac and an o-ring-greaser; You just open the backcase (ducttape), loosen (not unscrew) the 2 movement holder screws and give it a tiny, tiny move without forcing the stem with a toothpick - grease the backcase o-ring - put it all together - should be waterproof as well for swimming:)

Haha Daywatch, I've noticed you're like RWG's resident Macgyver. You seem to have a quick and easy solution to everything with common household items!!

Appreciate the advice :) I'll be trying the baby oil trick on my BK Sub-C, as one or two of my links squeak a bit ;)

Daywatch
Looks really good. Congrats and wear it well :) some cheap solutions: Bracelet: take it off and soak it 24 hrs. in Baby Oil (Johnssons :) ), clean with warm water & toothbrush/paste Sharp edges: in Pafumeries they sell special Nail polish files with 4 different layers from coarse to ultrafine - get one and work over the sharp edges, also good to polish tiny scratches 1/5mm off: something for later once You have some fine screwdrivers, bluetac and an o-ring-greaser; You just open the backcase (ducttape), loosen (not unscrew) the 2 movement holder screws and give it a tiny, tiny move without forcing the stem with a toothpick - grease the backcase o-ring - put it all together - should be waterproof as well for swimming:)

Haha Daywatch, I've noticed you're like RWG's resident Macgyver. You seem to have a quick and easy solution to everything with common household items!!

Appreciate the advice :) I'll be trying the baby oil trick on my BK Sub-C, as one or two of my links squeak a bit ;)

Thanks Revo driving1.gif

always try to look through cheap and mainly "available without ordering and waiting" household&supermarket stuff first: for removing the bracelet I use a double cardboard box, lined with a window cleaning leather: the leather secures the watch well without scratching it, all loose pieces are clear and safe in the box even if You get interrupted - and it helps in catching flying lugbars :)

enzo260

It looks Very good. As an owner of several Gen Subs including a 2014 I am amazed by how nice some of these watches look! I must be terrible at this because I can't find anything wrong with this watch!

Kemist

GOt the same one not long ago. Very nice watch my friend.

How does the DWO look? is it centered?

RevoWution
Thanks Revo driving1.gif always try to look through cheap and mainly "available without ordering and waiting" household&supermarket stuff first: for removing the bracelet I use a double cardboard box, lined with a window cleaning leather: the leather secures the watch well without scratching it, all loose pieces are clear and safe in the box even if You get interrupted - and it helps in catching flying lugbars :)

That's a great idea actually.

I spent 15 minutes sprawled on the carpet, looking for the lug bar end off my VC Jubilee 1755 the other weekend. It ricocheted off my desk lamp and onto the carpet when I was putting the bracelet back on LOL... ;)

Gacko

Beautiful watch and details. Great job, by the way, which version have you choose?

Tnx

tonysoprano211

Thank you for your commenst and ideas! I will try the "greasing" this weekend. What's better babyoil or WD40?

@ Gacko. I went for an asian 2836.

@ tkhiem: the DWO seems to be well centered. Just interested - what does an uncentered DWO look like?

BTW: I just discovered another feature - the date changes at exactly 12:00PM :-)

PS: It's the noob v4 version from toro

Kemist

This is what an uncentered DWo looks like:

hu3aguje.jpg

As you can see the number is more pushed down on the bottom, leaving more space on top than on bottom. It's more visible with two digit number on.

Modder can fix it but i just ignore it and leave it there for the time being :giggle:

Yes and the time does change at exactly midnight too ;-).

tonysoprano211

This is mine. Guess the centering is ok...

r9x59d52.jpg

Kemist

This is mine. Guess the centering is ok...

r9x59d52.jpg

Its def better than mine bro. Wear it well :)

tonysoprano211

Thanks, bro.

How about the time keeping?

I just realized that my watch is ~ 10-12 sec fast within 24h. Is it worth, trying to regulate it?

n of 1

nice watch! I'm a first poster here but have participated on lots of other forums. At 10-12 sec fast in 24 hrs I'd leave it alone. Assuming you have a rotation you'll probably be switching off to another watch long before you have to make an adjustment.

rusty peters

I would leave the time keeping alone for now. Let it settle in for the next month. 10 sec/day is just fine. Keep in mind these are reps. Slight sharpness on the bracelet is to be expected. If you need perfection, it costs $8000 at your Rolex dealer. It looks like you got a great example of the v4 sub!

tonysoprano211

Thanks!

I will follow your advice and let it settle in :-)

The only thing I really want to do is having it pressure checked. I'll do that next time I pick up my other watches which are being repaired right now.

DR3M3L

Thanks, bro.

How about the time keeping?

I just realized that my watch is ~ 10-12 sec fast within 24h. Is it worth, trying to regulate it?

Without a timegrapher, no.

Kemist

Yea i would just leave it man :). Too much hassle for a 10 seconds variable :D. Maybe send it to KenNy for some magic blue illumination so he can regulate it at the same time too?

tonysoprano211

Sounds good. But Kenny is CONUS located, right?

jingo.smile

Kenny is in the EU.

Btw, great watch!

tonysoprano211

I just realized that he is in Slovakia. That's good. PM sent ;-)