Sign in to follow this  
anemeth

PP with Miyota movement - braclet resize question

anemeth

I just got my PP Nautilus with Miyota movement and the braclet is to big for me. I want to remove 2 links on each side. I watched couple of videos on the internet and got the tool to push out the braclet pin.

But there is no mark showing which way the pin should go out and if I look at the holes with the pin on both side, I am not sure which is the rounded or the flat side. According to the video, I should push out from the rounded side.

I would appreciate any advice, letting me know which way I should push the pin out.

Thanks,

rawbaws

Never owned a PP rep but I would have thought it would have screws not pins?

Where's DC

steve123

yeah, i think some of the cheapies skip that feature. If you look at the pins can you see on side is solid and the other has a split in it, like its been folded over to form the pin?

I think (worked for me) that you push the solid end so the end with the split comes out first... does that make sense? sorta like if it was an itty bitty bobby pin you'd push the closed end of the bobby pin.

I could be totally bassackwards .. and if I am someone please correct me!

*alternatively if one end of the pin is flush with the link and the other end is recessed.. push on the recessed end? again, worked for me and would happily take a correction.

GenTLe

I just got my PP Nautilus with Miyota movement and the braclet is to big for me. I want to remove 2 links on each side. I watched couple of videos on the internet and got the tool to push out the braclet pin.

But there is no mark showing which way the pin should go out and if I look at the holes with the pin on both side, I am not sure which is the rounded or the flat side. According to the video, I should push out from the rounded side.

I would appreciate any advice, letting me know which way I should push the pin out.

Thanks,

On that model it's the same.

anemeth

Thanks, I am still not sure. The problem is that both side looks same to me.

I will post it in the Patek section, maybe, who got the same thing can help me.

Thanks,

Martijn0007

You have to push out the pin on one side, and then pull it out on the other.

It's kinda hard to explain (aspecially because of my poor English), but the pins are made out of two parts. You have a large part, and an inner part which is ticker.

You have to push out the large part for a little bit, and pull it out on the other side so you won't get stuck in the innerpart.

You can push it out both ways.

anemeth

Martijn,

Thanks, I think I understand what you saying.

Thank you for your help.