Sign in to follow this  
Hornet

Tudor BB from Toro......

Hornet

Just in today is the Tudor BB, ordered from Toro. As per usual good service from Toro and the delivery just in time for the weekend has made me one happy camper...... :thumbsup::D

......I'd ordered this after having got the Pelagos and enjoyed wearing that so much that I thought this would be a good stable mate for it. Also wanted something with a slight hint of vintage (that doesn't involve tea bags, ovens or hammers.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) , which is has with the dial. I'm not intending to do a heavy review here, not my style, but a few points to note so far:

• Bracelet is lovely, adjusted very easily, and has a lovely quality feel to it with a smooth action with the clasp. Not quite as comfortable as the Pelagos, but I think that is a) weight and b) I've adjusted it a tad too tight.
  • Dial is lovely; dark brown face with the gold highlights and creamy lume is just perfect.
  • Bezel is just right in terms of rotation, not too tight and not too loose (better than the sloppy Pelagos), can't detect the play that I've seen mentioned in other reviews.
  • Lume looks good from a quick test.
  • Can't comment on the movement or accuracy as I've not had a chance to take the case back off yet, but it is running and has been OK for the past 3 hours, so fingers crossed......

Had also order the rep strap, mainly to get the Tudor clasp (at an extra $30 it's a bargain.....). Leather ain't the best, so that might get replaced.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

P1050024_zpsrejplsll.jpg

P1050023_zpsfr0dcyej.jpg

P1050021_zpssryn2ufz.jpg

P1050020_zpsgsqgx472.jpg

P1050018_zpskvm43ena.jpg

P1050025_zpsta4gkco8.jpg

P1050026_zps5d5srba6.jpg

P1050028_zpsy3ik8dpz.jpg

P1050033_zpskok8sgdl.jpg

P1050031_zpsuwndaawh.jpg

P1050030_zps2cn3613n.jpg

P1050035_zps5mmqimwt.jpg

20150320_164931_zpsxnp4ky0h.jpg

P1050017_zpsewxto31q.jpg

P1050015_zpsquifrmx7.jpg

P1050014_zpsfukxdvd5.jpg

plankton

That is one nice watch!

Hornet

That is one nice watch!

Why thank you! And yes it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George.

Beauty! The crystal on this seems vastly different to the one on mine... I seem to have less of a curvature and it sits a bit low in the case... Is this a V2?

MetalMickey

That looks miles better than my V2. I have a very tight, but sloppy bezel.

And a low dome crystal, not as nice as that. Maybe mine is a V1

Hornet

Beauty! The crystal on this seems vastly different to the one on mine... I seem to have less of a curvature and it sits a bit low in the case... Is this a V2?

Apparently it is the ZF v3.......

.......fuck knows really, I think the v3 is pretty much the same as the v2.

The crystal is quite pronounced from the bezel, but probably my photos have exaggerated that.

Hornet

That looks miles better than my V2. I have a very tight, but sloppy bezel.

And a low dome crystal, not as nice as that. Maybe mine is a V1

A tight and sloppy bezel? Do you mean it has play, but it is hard to rotate?

.....I've just had more of play with mine (bezel that is.....) and actually it does have some play in it; not bothered about that is it stays in place, unlike the Pelagos bezel that seems to have a mind of its own.....

Del

Very nice mate. I'm a big fan of this one. ;)

Thenew1

do all black bays have the dome shaped crystal? cant seem to get into the dome..

Hornet

Very nice mate. I'm a big fan of this one. ;)

I'd kinda realised you were! I've been looking at the one on your signature for ages......!! And of course read your review......

do all black bays have the dome shaped crystal? cant seem to get into the dome..

The dome is hardly noticeable.......

Hornet

Not the best pictures (.....night time and all that), but here are a few against the Pelagos.....

P1050043_zpsrtz5krgk.jpg

P1050042_zpsbtsas3q1.jpg

P1050041_zpsl3wr8mdk.jpg

P1050040_zpspypcnzms.jpg

P1050038_zpsccjjycwm.jpg

micscave

Great watch, I love mine. The rep leather isn't the best but worth the extra $30 to get the clasp.

I've just had a new leather strap made that wil work with the rep clasp, just waiting for it to turn up next week.

7463A48F-1E64-49B1-AC9C-0B8E041C991E_zpsyhx6u6ys.jpg

981CEF1F-8F70-468A-998B-8D2E0F9CEC50_zpsyyhe0nvf.jpg

ShovelnTC

I have cut my Rep collection back to only three watches and the BB is one of them.

Enjoy yours!

Dajeilus

Very nice.

I've just received my Pelagos from Toro. I think I'm going to have to get one of these next.............

Hornet

Great watch, I love mine. The rep leather isn't the best but worth the extra $30 to get the clasp.

I've just had a new leather strap made that wil work with the rep clasp, just waiting for it to turn up next week.

7463A48F-1E64-49B1-AC9C-0B8E041C991E_zpsyhx6u6ys.jpg

981CEF1F-8F70-468A-998B-8D2E0F9CEC50_zpsyyhe0nvf.jpg

That is a very nice looking strap, who is doing it for you and how much is it costing?

Hornet

I have cut my Rep collection back to only three watches and the BB is one of them.

Enjoy yours!

Wow, only three?! I thought I was being tough on myself with a limit of 10......

.....that must take some discipline? And what are the other two then?

Hornet

Very nice.

I've just received my Pelagos from Toro. I think I'm going to have to get one of these next.............

Both are very good choices! What do you think of the Pelagos?

WatchDog21

Very nice and great pics. These are really catching my eye lately I think I am going have to grab one soon.

micscave

Hi mate

It's been made by Jose Maria of C & B Straps, €45 with express shipping from Spain. I Think he's running at 12 day turn around at the moment. He's just done a nice Asso strap for my PAM111 too which is really good.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cb.straps.3

http://cbstraps.blogspot.com/

Dajeilus

Very nice.

I'm pretty bloody impressed with it. It has a nice heft even though it is Ti and it's second only in comfort to the Seiko Samuari that I have.

To be honest, I was going to go for the BB first, but the fancy clasp on the Pelagos sorta snuck up on me and changed my mind.

And yet, I have been mainly wearing it on the rubber - using the bracelet end links so there's no gap is a nice touch.

Coco_Bear

Bloody hell, that is gorgeous. These pics sold me!

Hornet

Hi mate

It's been made by Jose Maria of C & B Straps, €45 with express shipping from Spain. I Think he's running at 12 day turn around at the moment. He's just done a nice Asso strap for my PAM111 too which is really good.

http://www.facebook..../#!/cb.straps.3

http://cbstraps.blogspot.com/

That's a good price for something handmade specifically for you.....

......had a quick look at the links and there are some nice straps he's done.

micscave

Yeah he's done some great straps for me, quite a few. I've got 81/2" paws so stock straps are crap on me. He made me a great strap for a U-Boat U42 rep I have, to use the double prong buckle. His work is really great and fantastic value.

Hornet

Very nice.

I'm pretty bloody impressed with it. It has a nice heft even though it is Ti and it's second only in comfort to the Seiko Samuari that I have.

To be honest, I was going to go for the BB first, but the fancy clasp on the Pelagos sorta snuck up on me and changed my mind.

And yet, I have been mainly wearing it on the rubber - using the bracelet end links so there's no gap is a nice touch.

I've got the rubber strap for the Pelagos, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet; keep on thinking about it, but like the bracelet to much......

......if you like the Pelagos I'm pretty sure you'll like the BB.

RUSH2112

It's much better in person than in pics. Having said that, it looks damn good in pics.