Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Sub V5 landed- pictorial review

plankton

Some decent pics, untouched for your review.

I'm impressed overall, pretty clean product from Noob. I'm planning to mod the rehault to clean that up a bit, polish the link bolts or screws. It will need silicone on all the o'rings. for the money this is pretty nice.

66DsSVh.jpg

Lume is noticeably better than my older versions

urlQcFL.jpg

Bezel engravings are deep and platinum color is excellent

ctGlixK.jpg

Pearl is much better and another shot of the engravings

ES8fu0o.jpg

Oh' it is a A SUPER***** rep (LOL)

dWCGv9n.jpg

Small on my wrist

ilX0FH0.jpg

After a polish and some bezel polish.

XdjdgaH.jpg

All in all it's pretty cool, may keep it to wear until I'm done with some mods the M2M, good buy for sure.

live1

holy shit what camera did u use,great pics wear your v5 well

that is how you take a pic of a sub c ha ha

Ishmael

How's the platinum paint attempt? Evenly applied?

I think my next buy is gonna be this one's brother - the V5 GMT-Master II. Basically the same watch, just the GMT model. But I've heard, among other things, that the platinum bezel paint attempt is inconsistent.

plankton

I think my next buy is gonna be this one's brother - the V5 GMT-Master II. Basically the same watch, just the GMT model. But I've heard, among other things, that the platinum bezel paint attempt is inconsistent.

I think the platinum actually looks pretty decent. Rehault could be better but a high speed w fix that.

Ishmael

I think the platinum actually looks pretty decent. Rehault could be better but a high speed w fix that.

Nice. Looks great in your pics I'll say that!

plankton

Nice. Looks great in your pics I'll say that!

It's a cool Sub, I hate to say Subs just are not my favorite, I wish they where. Had to see it close up to appreciate all the hype.

SWF

Gorgeous!

Thenew1

thats a bomb ass camera. nice sub too.

Stuvetjee

I need this in my life.... damn that is a stunning V5

hnic

nice

saw the no date v5 was released as well

looks great!

plankton

The more I look at this it is pretty exceptional. The general quality of the markers, lume application is really clean. One to buy if you're a Sub person.......

Gazzla

Congrats and nice pics. This is a great watch.

arctice

I love it, I may be in the market for a v5 sub soon as well. Great pics btw.

plankton
I love it, I may be in the market for a v5 sub soon as well. Great pics btw.

Go get it bro

Technit1957

Finally somebody with a wrist as big as mine...wear it well it looks great on you!

Daywatch

Fine pics on a great watch. Had this 4 weeks almost non-stop on the wrist after getting it. Congrats on Yours:)

SSTEEL

Great photos of a great rep. :)

naidoo

any pictures of the clasp?

i purchased the no date version seeing how i dont like the cyclops being wonky or cyclops magnification being wrong etc

and if its glide lock or not

filmsquad

That's a v5 noob? If that's a v5 then it's surely a v5.1, those solid endlinks are nothing like noob.

plankton

That's a v5 noob? If that's a v5 then it's surely a v5.1, those solid endlinks are nothing like noob.

Please explain what you're talking about concerning the SEL's..

filmsquad

I'm waiting for live to chime in :)

Daywatch

The Sel´s look good because they end about 1,5 mm before the lug (more gen-like). On my V5 (pic 1and2) they were flush, so I ended up swapping a BP bracelet I already had in (pic3and4).

Anyway it´s a nitpicking detail when there are few other things to complain, it´s simply a great-wearing and looking rep. Factories must be putting in parts the bracelets they just have lying around, typical for inconsistent qc. and cost-saving.

original Noob V5 and too long SEL ends (the glidelock- clasp itself of this bracelet is sharply engraved and very good)

Sub_C_3525.jpg

Sub-C%20V5_1348C.jpg

Noob V5 with BP bracelet and recessed SELs

Sub-C_1399c_zpsaq58mp2p.jpg

Sub_1477c_zpsbztwr5hm.jpg

plankton

The Sel´s look good because they end about 1,5 mm before the lug (more gen-like). On my V5 (pic 1and2) they were flush, so I ended up swapping a BP bracelet I already had in (pic3and4).

Anyway it´s a nitpicking detail when there are few other things to complain, it´s simply a great-wearing and looking rep. Factories must be putting in parts the bracelets they just have lying around, typical for inconsistent qc. and cost-saving.

original Noob V5 and too long SEL ends (the glidelock- clasp itself of this bracelet is sharply engraved and very good)

Sub_C_3525.jpg

Sub-C%20V5_1348C.jpg

Noob V5 with BP bracelet and recessed SELs

Sub-C_1399c_zpsaq58mp2p.jpg

Sub_1477c_zpsbztwr5hm.jpg

This was the second run from Noob, so what you saying is they may have started using more accurate endlinks? now that I compare it to a gen I can see the difference looking at your pics also.

plankton

This is the 4th I've purchased of the V5's, 2 seized and the 3rd went to a friend. Interesting is 3 from one dealer had these end links, the 4th has the longer ones like in your pics 1-2.

plankton
izjAdCL.jpg