Sign in to follow this  
jvegas2

Daytonas.... Factory confusion!?

jvegas2

So, my heart has decided! I want the platona... the 116506. Ice blue dial, blue ceramic bezel, the business basically!!

Problem is, approaching the TD's, they all say theirs is the best...

Two I trust for example is FP and Toro... FP insists that the BP Factory that he has has made the best version. And of course Toro insists that his JF factory version is even better than the BP....

I'm basically going around in circles and can't find enough reviews on the both of them to adequately make a decision...

So maybe there is a kind soul out here with the experience in Daytonas and these factories to give me their input? I'd appreciate it!

greg_r

Whichever version you buy, just bear in mind that they tend to be a timebomb. The secs@6 movement is less than entirely reliable. You may get lucky and end up with one that will last a while - you may not. Certainly not recommended as a watch to wear every day.

See here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6101

the_frenchman

.... Hello jvegas2

.... Nice intro

.... Have you tried the top search bar with the watches and factories youre looking for?

.... Oh , and welcome!

jvegas2

Hi Frenchman, yes I have tried the search and thanks for the welcome! Still can't find anything definitive on the differences between BP and JF in this particular model, specifically which tends to be best.

Yes Greg, I heard a lot about the seconds at the six o'clock position but it's a risk I'm willing to take for a fine watch as this!

Duzza

Forget the blingy version and stick to the 116520 then you can get the latest JF with the correct thickness that's not a time bomb

jvegas2

Hi Frenchman, yes that was the best review I found with magnificent pictures. But I can't find something comparable in regards to the BP factory. That's the issue I'm having... as each TD is saying each is better than the other! We need a central review site for each model lol

Duzza

JF make the best Daytonas currently

jvegas2

Ok thank you very much!

Eschenpod

Love my JF ice blue Daytona.

Had it over a year now and absolutely zero problems with seconds at six A7750 movement.

Runs like a top at + 2 seconds per day.

1%204_zpssaqv5qnt.jpg

Edited by Eschenpod

RUSH2112

Buy them both, figure out which one you like and keep it. Sell the other one in m2m.

the_frenchman
Love my JF ice blue Daytona.

Had it over a year now and absolutely zero problems with seconds at six A7750 movement.

Runs like a top at + 2 seconds per day.

1%204_zpssaqv5qnt.jpg

After a year you stil didnt took the protective plastics of the bracelet....?

jvegas2

Lol, all good thanks guys.

I ordered the JF version, but in fact I changed my mind and got the 116515 Chocolate instead.... again there are two versions, the JF and the BP... the BP dial in the pictures looks too red, and I assume the brown face of the JF is more accurate to gen? Can't really find many reviews on this particular difference in factories either, maybe I'm just the worst at searching?!

I hope I picked the right one... waiting for your replies in anticipation! :)

poison44fr

Hello, better than make a new post maybe :

I can't find JF version after 2013 for this model but i found that :

http://www.pf-818.com/rlds00051a-daytona-116506-ss-cer-ss-ice-blue-sticks-a7750-4130.html

and this :

http://www.pf-818.com/rlds00050a-daytona-116506-ss-cer-ss-ice-blue-baguette-a7750-4199.html

Which is the best one you think ?

Best Regards,

P.

Mary Watch

i sold a few piece of this daytona. only one customer complain this watch's bezel size. just ask me why the size is 38.5mm, why not 40mm. but when he go to gen rolex shop and try it and measure the bezel, he found the gen also come with 38.5mm bezel, and told me that and give me a :giggle: :giggle:

poison44fr

i sold a few piece of this daytona. only one customer complain this watch's bezel size. just ask me why the size is 38.5mm, why not 40mm. but when he go to gen rolex shop and try it and measure the bezel, he found the gen also come with 38.5mm bezel, and told me that and give me a :giggle: :giggle:

wich Brand you speaking about ?