Sign in to follow this  
pjay

Would you sell your collection to have one Gen?

Thang

No. I love most of my reps even some of them are not expensive. I would save for a gen.

Libertatia

I'm happy with reps, imagine spending thousands on a gen knowing you can get the identical watch for a 20th of the price.

dasselin

No for me... the first Gen service will cost more than a big part of your old collection!

Absolutely I have 2 gens and they cost more in maintenance then purchasing one good rep

boci

Most definitely not.

The mark up on the Gens is the way to high in my opinion. Breitling with Caliber 13 or 17 (basically Valjoux 7750), for example, should not cost $5000 +. Now if the Gen Super Avenger was $1000-$1200, it would be a different story.

With all the super rep nowadays, I see no need to buy gen. It's also about having fun, buying, selling and even repairing. And most of us would not even attempt to open gen watch. The reps give us that luxury. Everything I just mentioned is also possible to do with the gens. However, it is not a reality for the most of us.

sgtguk

Great topic btw :suck: I wouldn't sell any reps to buy a Gen, tbh if I needed the funds I have and do sell another Gen to fund it, the reps I currently have (well most of them) I really like and are pretty good pieces so I struggle to part with them, especially the one that are no longer made.

Rep or Gen doesn't matter to me I like watches, in fact I've had more trouble with Gens than I have with Reps too!

yawn

Gen enhance your dick length

Rep give you more dicks to show off

Both work fine with me and I ll never jeopardize one for the other

Olly

I have thought about it because by the time my TC and AP Diver arrive ill have around £1500, that could buy a Gen PO 42mm. I think I'll stick with my reps for now !

Olly

Indigo38

No

Im too scared of damaging my gen to wear it daily - much more comfortable with reps

hnic

yes

after i bought my gen im not wearing anything else

fetasigma

i would never sell my rep collection to fund a gen. the main reason i got back into reps was that if they got stolen, lost or broken i wouldnt have a heart attack. I used to have a small gen collection: omega plant ocean, Rolex sub, Omega speedmaster, and a constelation. when the ex wife walked off with all of them in the divorce(stealing them from under my nose) and the police and insurance wouldnt do anything about it. I decided that i would have just as much fun with reps and enjoy them even more than my gens(becuase i can now have every watch I ever wanted) personally i dont notice that huge a quality diffrence to justify the gens

BigBuys

As an owner of many GENS over the years, and still holding about five odd & sundry GENS, the answer is definitely NO! My most valuable watch is an Audemars Piguet Classic Round in 18K solid gold. I will not sell it for sentimental reasons.

The quality of the best REPS just amazes me today. Let's see, hold one classic Rolex or pick up ten or eleven super reps that are easily traded around when time comes, its a no-brainer!

P4GTR

:Whistle:

IMG_6763_zps75bb79de.jpg

Lev

Id rather have several options and know they aren't gen than have one watch and know its a gen. Different occasions call for different watches.

Visioneer

Not even....having too much fun switching from watch to watch.

rizocreations

yeah. sell that shit. then rebuy your collection x 2. :D

daeffy
oh_hell_no.gif

docbp87

Considering my collection of reps consists of two Breitlings (SOSF 21J, and Skyland V4), Yes. I would sell them if it meant I could get a Gen.

cragster

i went the other way,sold a gen and bought reps :) now i have 12 watches instead of 1

Edited by cragster

erok68

Cragster finaly one that understand. Reps today from the best dealers/makers is soo f..... Good.

I know because i have lots of gens and reps.

On some reps Uhave to be eagle eye cherry to spot the difference .

If you ever starttaking things too seriously,,, just remember that we are TALKING monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe..........;-)