Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

The Birth of The Diver.

allex

At risk of derision, again,

Divers watch = tool watch - functional, uni-purpose, easy to handle - should look BETTER with dings

Other watches with rotating bezels = sports watches.

less is more

offshore

Soooooooooo many watches without crown guards! Must be dress divers!

No way I want my divers watch underwater working without crown guards.

O/S

Balad1

At risk of derision, again,

Divers watch = tool watch - functional, uni-purpose, easy to handle - should look BETTER with dings

Other watches with rotating bezels = sports watches.

less is more

All true dive watches have a rotating bezel.

allex

@Balad agreed - the point I'm trying to make is that "fashion" or sport watches are what happens when design gets too fussy for divers. That's why the sub is such a classic - simple, functional. Others I would class as real divers - ploprof, doxa, marathon sar, grenchen etc : I'm not a fan of stainless bezels.

I'd like the rwg diver to be functional and tool-like, not too fashionable. otherwise it will be the rwg sports watch...

Balad1

@Balad agreed - the point I'm trying to make is that "fashion" or sport watches are what happens when design gets too fussy for divers. That's why the sub is such a classic - simple, functional. Others I would class as real divers - ploprof, doxa, marathon sar, grenchen etc : I'm not a fan of stainless bezels.

I'd like the rwg diver to be functional and tool-like, not too fashionable. otherwise it will be the rwg sports watch...

We're track'n Bro, I'd like to see a basic, beefy, rugged, 44mm diver.

I appreciate all diver and would love to own one with the rotating inner bezel but think that can wait for RWG Dive Watch II.

kirbytherat

very nice

is there a sign up list?

Balad1

Another nice looking diver.

547186_10150882383728483_857083487_n.jpg

Luthier

And how many of us are professional divers?

Balad1

I went swimming once :)

trailboss99

Exactly.

Besides, in this day and age anyone who relies on his watch as his primary dive timer is a twit.

That's what dive computers are for.

Focal

And who the hell uses an mechanical watch for diving instead of accurate professional equipment?

Balad1

Exactly.

Besides, in this day and age anyone who relies on his watch as his primary dive timer is a twit.

That's what dive computers are for.

I do dive recreationally but get the point.

Wearing a large dive watch is like my chain saw with 20" bar.

Size and status matters.

:)

offshore

Exactly.

Size and status matters.

I have a close friend who is still an active diver at 65, and has dived for the last 50 years.He has all the latest gear, including a computer, and admits that nowadays he is lucky to get below 10M.

However when he saw the Squale 2002 he had to have one immediately so that (in his words), "When I go to the dive cllub meeting, we can all oohh and aahhh over this amazing cult watch, marvel at the inbuilt lock on the bezel, the clear bakelite which allows the fluro to shine through, and all the other great dive features...... and then wonder if it will ever get deeper than the swimming pool!"

Its just the same as the guy tooling the Lambo down Sunset Blvd, it ain't ever going to do 200MPH there, but it certainly announces someone who appreciates quality motor vehicles, and the status associated with a respected marque.

And that is what I believe we should strive for in any watch put together, recognition of its ability to achieve a high level of performance, and development of the brand as a quality unit.

Offshore

solkryssare

O/S is a wise man........

oscarmadfish

i went muff diving once - which ever design Luth comes up with will be a winner with me

Wiz

I'm with tb, even if most of us are not going to use the watch for diving, as long as yo ucall it a dive watch, it needs to be designed as a diver.

To me it means no sharp angles, like the bezel or lugs, and of course visibility must be a major concern.

On a different note, I don't know about you but I really liked the finish of the bezel insert on the JLC NSD. Kind of a mat black. I don't know what material it is, but I find it very classy and I'd like to see it on the watch.

RichardMiami

Yes, I'm considering the brass for 1/3rd of the watches, if I'll see demand.

Vote for BRASS!

oscarmadfish

if brass or not i vote they are all the same = i cant afford 5 different versions

Balad1

if brass or not i vote they are all the same = i cant afford 5 different versions

Tsssk, as an Official Ambassador you should be trying to promote members buying 5 versions.

As a Leader you should lead by example.

Luthier

I'm with tb, even if most of us are not going to use the watch for diving, as long as yo ucall it a dive watch, it needs to be designed as a diver.

To me it means no sharp angles, like the bezel or lugs, and of course visibility must be a major concern.

On a different note, I don't know about you but I really liked the finish of the bezel insert on the JLC NSD. Kind of a mat black. I don't know what material it is, but I find it very classy and I'd like to see it on the watch.

It's Bakelite, Etienne. Kind of vulcanized rubber.

oscarmadfish

Tsssk, as an Official Ambassador you should be trying to promote members buying 5 versions.

i will want to own every RWG watch that is made so i am praying Luth only comes up with a couple every year = i am just a poor boy who s story's seldom told

Balad1

i will want to own every RWG watch that is made so i am praying Luth only comes up with a couple every year = i am just a poor boy who s story's seldom told

Stick to your day job Bother, you can't sing either.

LOL

oscarmadfish

Stick to your day job Bother, you can't sing either.

LOL

:giggle:

Luthier

He meant "Brother"...

;)

Balad1

He meant "Brother"...

;)

Actually he is a bother, LOL.