Sign in to follow this  
Olly

In A Gen Watch Dilemma

Omega or Rolex  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Well which one would you suggest I get ?

• Rolex 116610
    • Omega 8500

Olly

Arghh i cant decide, even though ill get one of em in 4 years :wub:

WristWatch

I would go for the SS Sub. I wear a rep SS Sub and everyone thinks its a Gen. Now in my position at work an $8,000 dollar watch is doable for me. I would stay away from watches more expensive because they fall out of my financial status. The Rolex Sub is a classic and a great watch to begin your collection of Gens. Someday you will get the gen PO. In the meanwhile get a rep PO and the gen Sub. Just my opinion.

replicastuff

rolex for me, but then get the po later!

ads-1991

Neither. Get the Speedmaster Moon. You will love it.

+1!

And reps of both watches above :lol:

+2 :lol:

+3 :)

Del

Your bonus isn't nearly enough to buy the Rolex so score that off the list. ;)

Olly
Your bonus isn't nearly enough to buy the Rolex so score that off the list. ;)

I think ill raise the extra cash and get the Rolex :D if I put £20 away every week I'll have around £3k to add to the £3k bonus so it is doable. The rolex will stay with me forever. So I'm not too worried about resale value. My mind is set and thank you all for your input on my decision.

Cheers,

Olly

LightGeek

Buy what you want. I don't buy a car for the resale value, I buy it because I want to enjoy it. On that hand, don't overextend yourself ($$$)... It's a bad road to start down :)

Olly

Haha i think it will be my one and only Gen Rolex. I cant keep up with the constant need for more watches !! I shall only wear the Rolie on special occasions and around the house :)

Richo59

Speedie everyday but all great watches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

James.

Two odd choices given they're very different watches in style and how they wear.

Omega.

Too many run of the mill mid-level business people own a Rolex, it's too damn common, well, these entry level models are. I'd say it comes down to whether you want to separate yourself from the crowd. IMO the PO would do that more than the Rolex, you'll still get the "oh, nice watch" comments but without the automatic stigma of people immediately assuming it's a fake, especially given your age.

Chavezzito

I wouldn't even be thinking of which to buy yet...who knows what new models will appear in 4 years?

But I like your idea of saving some extra until it's time to buy.

nev848

To be honest save this money you may need it on the road of life. Only buy a Gen when you can really afford it and never on the knock.

James.

Wait, in 4 years? Hahahaha :facepalm: wowza, upon refection, what a redundant thread.

Rolexwatchman

For the look and after sale... Rolex

and rest of the cash buy rep Omega.

Rep Rolex won't get close as Omega.

Realism

Wait, in 4 years? Hahahaha :facepalm: wowza, upon refection, what a redundant thread.

What will you do in 4 years?

Disfin

Sorry, but this needs to be said. Save the money and invest it, when you get it... 4 years from now.... :( Then, when you are making serious money, if you still want to buy a gen go for it. You earned it. Enjoy the reps in the interim.

James.

President of Earth.

honeybear

I would recommend only getting expensive gens that you don't envision having to resell. In particular, only buy watches that are timeless, classic, and iconic, and which you will be proud to wear even twenty years from now, and even as your watch collection grows.

Realism

President of Earth.

which part of the earth - let's use the game of thrones' mapping of mother earth

jeffng83

Well.. it solely depends on your taste. I have a gen rolex submariner ceramic and a gen breitling superocean 44. Honestly, my breitling got more wrist time as the watch suits me more. It depends on your daily attire and your lifestyle then only pick a watch that suits you. Not a watch that everyone recommends.

James.

Wherever the hit blonde dragon chick is from.

jeffw69

how the fuck is this a dilemma? Who in their right mind spends money before they've earned it/received it? :picard2:

luckily, I did not read all 3 pages.

solkryssare

Get a no date Sub

Rolexwatchman

I think it's better come back in 4 years... meanwhile you can post your Rolex at RolexForum as gen :P like you did before.

James.
:popcorn: