Sign in to follow this  
chase0224

New Speedmaster '57 reps

chase0224

Just saw these on puretime's site, look really really good, although they are using an A7750 movement. How do you think this movement will run within these watches?

http://www.pure-time.com/blog/726/

rusty peters

I have had a pretty good run with A7750 movements. I currently have one at the spa, however, that appears to have been assembled by Mike Tyson. It is a bit pricey for a hit and miss movement though.

xocomaox

I think the prices will come down after the initial hype, and then other movements will be popping up.

Stewart

I was admiring the blue faced one yesterday. RWI has a lengthy thread on the watches, all opinions at this point. They are pretty expensive at this point. Look good in my opinion.

Martijn0007

If the prices drops by 100$ I'm interested, but at this price it's a big no-no for me ;)

Bkuz

Ooo I do like the gold bezel

Tichymeloun

I like the blue a lot, pitty it doesn't have the sunburst effect though..,

Gazzla

Waaaaaaaaay too expensive.

Daywatch

Markers at 3 6 9 are shorter/longer than gen. All markers are silver rimmed, on the gen they are white, sunken datewheel etc.

Decorated A7750 - quite frankly I hate them. Either everything is glued on and falls apart (and into the movement) or some guy cold-bloodedly drills some holes to fix the deco-plates leaving fine metal grain all over the movement inside. A7750s have enough problems wihout anybody messing around with them.

Look at the center plate..... than look at the cheapest screws available spread all over the movement..... I will never, ever get it why go through the length and labour of falsely decorating a movement and than saving a few cents on the metal screws - and forcing them in by any means, often sideways oo touching the rotor - and this is supposing it´s not glued on plastic covers made to look like a screw.

$428 + $70 shipping to EU + $250 full service and cleaning +$30 shipping..... either a gamble or way, way too much for an imperfect rep.

Next chrono I buy will have a handwound ST19 (TDs call it Venus) inside for $268 max and done.

I may still change my mind once I start seeing member pics and reviews until somebody takes apart the movement and gives his veridict.

xocomaox

Nope. Not going for the rep from what I've seen so far.

But... the animation on the Omega website is truly awesome.

http://www.omegawatc...=33110425101001

It is so great. But the rep of this is not yet refined. Gotta start somewhere?

rusty peters

Did you see the text on the back of the leather strap? It says "Genuine Crocodile".......on a calf strap. Bummer that it is spelled right.

So when you start the chrono, the central second hand starts and there is no minute counter?

rusty peters

Add another $100 and you get the f**king fantasy price of the new moonwatch:

http://www.pure-time...bracelet-a9300/

No. Too much value there. I want my $500 reps to have a mineral crystal.

bech312

Ooo I do like the gold bezel

Me too..

Edited by bech312

746_heuer

Truly beautiful. I have to admit I had no faith in makers repping this one but this first aproach is pretty decent. Surprisingly, to me the blue model is almost as beautiful as the gen despite not being sunburst. Next steps are, as mentioned above, freezing the hour counter of the chrono, making the markers closer to gen, and maybe doing something about the sunken datewheel which is a total deal breaker for me. And obviously the price should come 100$ down at least.

DC109

It could be the angle of the photo, but it looks to me like the case design either has the lugs way too thin at the end, or curving downwards (towards the wrist) way too much, making them appear more narrow, and as if the outer edge is too rounded, compared to gen.

Still, pretty impressive for a first try. Hopefully this means a Speedster 39.7mm is not far off.