Sign in to follow this  
HarleyMo

Steinhart OVM has arrived

HarleyMo

After missing the Fedex guy yesterday, luckily I was working from home today and was here to accept it. I know there have been lots of posts about Steinhart watches and this one in particular which is one of the reasons I took the plunge and bought this watch. I couldnt be happier. Gen watch at rep prices. I paid 380usd for this watch delivered via Fedex to the USA. Time between online order and delivery was 9 days. The watch looks fantastic and the weight of the watch is great. Im really impressed with the bracelet also which is making me second guess my thought about putting it on a nato and go with a more vintage look. We will see. Ok ok, enough talk and on to pictures.

20150423_093247.jpg

20150423_093450.jpg

20150423_094020.jpg

20150423_094926.jpg

****EDIT****

And for the big wristed folks, this bracelet is extra large, I had to take out 2 links on each side to fit my 7inch wrist

****EDIT EDIT****

I TRIED to take out the 4 links, the screws wouldnt budge, feels like they were locktited in, I need a thicker screwdriver but since its a Gen I might just take it somewhere and have them do it.

hsmooth

Lovely watch. Did you order direct or through a dealer?

Kleen™

Luv'ly....has been my go-to watch for the quick beach-dip over the last couple of years...

HarleyMo

Lovely watch. Did you order direct or through a dealer?

I ordered it directly from their website.

NFleischer

Nice pick up- can't beat them for value.Congrats.

black263

Direct ordering is the way to go. I have one, and it gets worn at least once a month.

Not That Rich

Great pickup, great watches, enjoy :thumbsup:

Pob

You payed 380 Euro not USD for this beauty, right?

Congrats, i love mine ;)

HarleyMo

Congrats, i love mine ;)

No, I paid $380.28 usd to be exact. It was 349.33 Euro. Just double checked the order and paypal.

Rower

Nice watch! I just picked one up with a faded bezel. I'm really enjoying this one. A lot of quality for the money.

138B1FB1-AB11-4443-995D-B7D627D25D06_zpsnama6wgc.jpg

850E5070-DC0E-411B-BE0F-8936B308FC0A_zpszuhmb1au.jpg

cogwatch

Awesome watch, congratulations!! One of the best values out there in my opinion.

Mine says hi from in front of a gen "The Thinker". Who, by the way, after thinking about if for a nanosecond determined is was one of the best values out there as well :)

Enjoy it!!!

5daa5895-13c7-4936-95a1-f338fa03de28_zps0445484c.jpg

Kcore

Great choice, great watch - CONGRATS!

Kleen™

Now, put that fecker on a seasoned nato-strap and....enjoy;)

Daywatch

Perfect choice and one of the best price/value relationships without going broke or just for fun available. Congrats.

Pob

Congrats, i love mine ;)

No, I paid $380.28 usd to be exact. It was 349.33 Euro. Just double checked the order and paypal.

Yes i keep forgeting that USD and Euro ate almoust the same this days ;)

sgtguk

Congrats on a great piece, love mine, Steinhart are underrated I reckon, nice quality feel to them and accurate too. Ordering direct is generally better and you will save the Vat (21%) if your out of the EU too !

ShovelnTC

Great watches and great value. Enjoy!

Markrfc
Nice watch! I just picked one up with a faded bezel. I'm really enjoying this one. A lot of quality for the money.

138B1FB1-AB11-4443-995D-B7D627D25D06_zpsnama6wgc.jpg

850E5070-DC0E-411B-BE0F-8936B308FC0A_zpszuhmb1au.jpg

I prefer the V1 dial very nice.

MetalMickey

These are really good looking watches. I will definitely buy something from Steinhart one day, but which model?

Kleen™
These are really good looking watches. I will definitely buy something from Steinhart one day, but which model?

The OVM is a pretty good place to start...

MetalMickey

I also like the pilot watches though...

Kleen™

I also like the pilot watches though...

Yup..some of 'em are prety neat, too....but price-wise too close to the gen offerings from Laco, Stowa etc imo...

black263

My only complaint is that it doesn't have a date. I would wear mine as a beater if it had. Without it, I wear it about once a month to give it a work-out.

Kleen™

My only complaint is that it doesn't have a date. I would wear mine as a beater if it had. Without it, I wear it about once a month to give it a work-out.

Different strokes for different folks...the no-date is the reason, why I often find myself picking this one from the watchbox....because I don't have to adjust the goddam' date...;-)

black263

Different strokes for different folks...the no-date is the reason, why I often find myself picking this one from the watchbox....because I don't have to adjust the goddam' date...;-)

Just had a look at Steinhart again. It's official, I've fallen in love. http://www.steinhartwatches.de/de/GMT-OCEAN-1-BLACK,2.html

Hadn't seen that before, but I'm totally smitten. I'd have ordered today, but it's not available again until June.