Sign in to follow this  
plankton

3000 meter- inside look

plankton

My Kallimar II from Helberg was running 4 seconds fast so this am I decided to time it ever so slightly. Once I got the back case of a few nice surprises lept out at me. I thought I'd share, for you tinks out there you immediately pick up on my satisfaction with this one.

FnyOmRK.jpgyG72ULk.jpgBSZZVL0.jpg

James.

Talk about OCD :lol:

plankton

Yes I hear that more often than not.

James.

After seeing this thread I checked the GMT... running 6 seconds fast since Friday, so +2 secs p/day. Damn it!

plankton

After seeing this thread I checked the GMT... running 6 seconds fast since Friday, so +2 secs p/day. Damn it!

+2 per day will most likely settle to 0 over time. Thats excellent from the factory. BTW I'm really thinking about that GMT, change in direction might be on the horizon.

James.

+2 per day will most likely settle to 0 over time. Thats excellent from the factory. BTW I'm really thinking about that GMT, change in direction might be on the horizon.

giphy.gif

plankton

giphy.gif

It sure is sweet! I will let you know.

plankton

So anyone got it? Three separate seals case imbedded........................ sweet.

plankton

2 exterior of movement w He valve and I interior to protect the movement from pressure release.

Mr Stubbs

2 exterior of movement w He valve and I interior to protect the movement from pressure release.

This watch is even more impressive from the inside. What an elegant and simple engineering solution!

plankton

This watch is even more impressive from the inside. What an elegant and simple engineering solution!

Yes and thank god for your post. I'm amazed on a $1200 purchase the quality that is packed in this guy. Kind of makes pretty good sense to praise such work. I know most people can't see it from pics but compare this to a UTS (which costs $4k) and I still would choose the Helberg, for that matter I'd take it over a gen DSSD but thats an entirely different story.

Daywatch

Wow, what a simple but genious solution with 3 safety stages, just great

D_Chico

Is it odd that I find those gaskets sexy!?! :lol:

elp
Is it odd that I find those gaskets sexy!?! :lol:

No way am I sending you one of my watches for a "service" after this post .... Lubricating gaskets indeed :lol:

TheSav

I'm surprised Clemens never posted the same sort of pic in the threads on WUS. Did you ever open up the ch1?

plankton

I'm surprised Clemens never posted the same sort of pic in the threads on WUS. Did you ever open up the ch1?

You know what I never had to open it, it ran spot on the entire time I had it.

I'm impressed with the detail and 3 separate o'ring container grooves and the fact that the movement is sealed separately from the outer 2 o'rings and He valve. I will post it on his FB account.

nunu78

thats amazing.