Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

What Rolex Would You Buy With $200

ebzen02

So...What rolex would you buy with a budget of $200?

AllergyDoc

The best DeepSea I could get for $200. Or an ETA Sub from Timesshop, from the supposed "Noobfactory". You'd have some $ left over, too.

ebzen02

What about the 50th Anniv GMT Ceramic Sub? Don't you have one doc?

AllergyDoc

I do. I haven't worn it for a couple of months. I don't rotate watches very well these days, just stick to a few.

4788153121_08c060bc0e_b.jpg

My only concern would be the GMT movement and it's modifications. Mine only cost me $80. I wouldn't shed any tears if the movement tanked.

wat44

GMTIIc

also, the $88 DSSD from lay is awesome

AllergyDoc

The DSSD has more presence. But I'm back into big watches again. :lmao2:

5079595361_619ee0d242_b.jpg

ImWatchingYOU

I would get the SSD (sea-dweller) but it's not available anymore (I did order it, but received a cheapy sea-dweller in a PO case from TS).

Therefore I am sending the SD back and ordering a GMTII, which is a really nice watch as-well.

AllergyDoc

That Noob SD was a nice watch. I think the "Super" SeaDweller is still available, though.

solkryssare
That Noob SD was a nice watch. I think the "Super" SeaDweller is still available, though.

Im afraid it's not. I would get my self a 1680 from PT

. Or one of all the new vintage josh is offering . Perhaps a Bond Sub.

KeNnY

Ceramic Sub or/and DSSD Rolex Ceramic :lol:

Silverspeed

For a modern Rolex you can't really beat the promotion watches from TS...quite cheap and excellent quality.

graman

Hmmm...I'm not a big Rolex fan, but I like the idea of the DSSD, or a vintage sub.

greg_r

As I've already got a deepsea, I think i'd be buying the best DJII I could find for the money....

mspangl

djII would be really decent for 200$ unless u wanna spend like a 1500-3000$ for a superfranken :)

andygt

The so called super sea dweller is no better than the "noob" sea dweller in the TS promotion.

Both have the same slightly wokky rehaut, overly deep lower bezel and the minute markers are the same thickness throughout.

narikaa

Any of them

:thumbsup:

T9000

I've just ordered a 'new' version DSSD from Robert, with new bezel (correct-looking 10), upgraded lume and what is described as a 'premium' movement. A few people here suggested that Robert's previous DSSD was pretty good for a sub-$200 DSSD, so I figured that for $149, it was a good bet. It hasn't arrived yet, but does anyone have any experience / opinions in respect of those particular reps?

greg_r

Yes, it's the best value DSSD out there. Surprisingly close to the top of the line models at well under half the price. I would personally find it hard to justify spending more. Can't go wrong.

djprone

There is only one rolex for me - the milgauss. I think it will be my next purchase, i would love to find a decent bamford milgauss rep though.

T9000
Yes, it's the best value DSSD out there. Surprisingly close to the top of the line models at well under half the price. I would personally find it hard to justify spending more. Can't go wrong.

Thanks.

ebzen02

+1 Thinking it might be the one.

ebzen02

Just placed an order with Replicamake for this..GMTII

BTW.. feeling really guilty it is not a Pam! lol!

Balad1
Just placed an order with Replicamake for this..GMTII

BTW.. feeling really guilty it is not a Pam! lol!

Did you see this Deep Sea from Lay that was on special for $88? I bought one and thought it was great, especially for the price.

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?products_id=1767

SD-0001S%20ROLEX%20SEA%20DWELLER%20CERAMIC%201150WU5%20A-%202813%20(1).JPG

Edited by Balad1

Slim

I'd quite like one of the green bezel 50th anniversary Subs and in fact I did order one from one of the trusted dealers, but he kindly provided a photo - it had a small ding in the bezel, and the triangles didn't quite line up (I think it's a click bezel, right?)

When I asked him if he could find one without these two niggles, he replied that it was the only type he could provide. So I'm interested to know if anyone can suggest a source for a good one for under $200.

DenGNNJ

I like things that are less common ... Yachtmaster from Robert, 50th Anniv GMT (ordered and on the way), or a blue ceramic submariner.