Sign in to follow this  
michaelpotgieter

The Latest Noob Journey

michaelpotgieter

Hello everyone,

I just thought I would like to share my journey (so far) into the world of replica watches.

I have always liked watched from an early age.

My father has a nice collection of a Rolex, Breitling and a couple of Seikos.

As I grew older my love for watches discipated and moved into playstation and the female form.

Since then I have grown older, wiser, got married, had a child, a solid job and life is pretty good here in South Africa.

Not too long ago a work mate showed me his collection of replica watches (Breitling, Patek Phillipe, Rolex), quality was of a sub-standard nature but this is what re-ignited my love of timepieces.

So this got me thinking, why do I not have any watches that I can be proud of? Where did my love for watches go?

And so the journey begins.

After numerous hours searching the net and finding all these swiss replica sites and and doing more reseach on them and finding that most of those sites are scams, it dawned on me, how can any factory be able to produce a clone of any watch that not even a jeweler could distinguish the difference? I say bull!

With more searching and searching on the net I eventually found a forum RWG. Did this place open my eyes! Not only were all my fears proved to be true and that I was not going off my rocker, was that it was possible to get excellent quality reps and not get screwed!

With me now having this great tool at my disposal (RWG), I decided to do even more research on the perfect sub etc etc.

I was then greeted with all this new terminology, such as rehauts, SEL's, LUG's, inserts, A2813, A2836, just to name a few. Once I got my head around that I get hit with more information regarding the movements and timegraphers.

Eventually I decided that my first rep has to be a sub but I decided to go the 1660LV 50th Anniversary.

Now came the next issue, which TD to use? More digging was needed and with a total of 50-60 hours of research I decided on Rochest from WI. I chose them as I believe that they have one of the best, if not the best QC in the business. This is the single most important thing to me as I am in South Africa and it will not be viable for me to send anything back and forth.

So, to cut this story short, I have invested many hours in reseach, done lots of digging and I have finally pulled the trigger.

Please see the below post on my journey into my first rep!

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=100841

Thanks for reading and regards,

greg_r

Welcome, mate. Sounds like you've done your homework. Enjoy your watch when you get it! :)