Sign in to follow this  
ekho

Noob here - question about A7750 movement

ekho

You guys have got a great forum here, and seems to be a very helpful bunch. Glad I found my way here.

I have a question about the Asian 7750 movement and would appreciate some advice. I have my eyes set on the Tag Carrera Chronograph Racing version. How reliable is the movement in that configuration (small seconds at 9). What's a reasonable expectation that a rep will run for generally? 1-2 years? Does anyone have experience with that particular model?

I'm thinking of picking up the watch from House of Souvenirs, but not comfortable with the idea of spending over $200 if it'll stop running months after I buy it.

On a side note, I have a very important exam coming up in the summer. I'm undecided whether to take the plunge going for the rep, or waiting till I pass the exam and rewarding myself with the gen version.

I've read the newbie replica expectations sticky and have an idea on what to expect, but just want to know if anyone can comment on this more specifically. Thanks.

Rav747

Welcome, Ekho

Here is a link that might help you:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6101

I have a couple of 7750 secs at 9 and they work perfectly. I know a couple of people who have similar watches with same movt for the past 5 or more yrs with no problem. The dealers here have really good quality control, so they will help you any way possible is something goes wrong with it.

AllergyDoc

If the movement is serviced right away it should have the same reliability as the ETA version. I've never done that and the guys who recommend you do usually are watchsmiths. :) The only A7750 I've had trouble with was the Daytona with seconds at 6:00.

ekho

Thanks for the quick replies.

Sounds like that with proper care, the a7750 movement will last for a few years. Now I'm quite tempted.

Luthier

I have about 15 watches with A7750, they run perfectly, some for 3-4 years, without any servicing at all.

w204

Just make sure you buy from a dealer who QC the watches before shipping. I've been burned by a few dropshippers and with them, you're just taking a chance on it. So far, I've been unlucky with dropshippers as I am 2/2 for A7750 out of the box defective.

Otherwise, if you follow the main proceedures in taking care of an A7750 and what not to do, it should run fine. Remember to service it when you can though.

ekho

I'll definitely be sticking to one of the trusted dealers on the site. Thinking of House of Souvenirs, as he seems to be highly recommended by a lot of members.

The suggestions of what not to do with an A7750 are things I follow already, as most of them apply to gen watches too.