Sign in to follow this  
Steve36

Advice on seiko tuna

Steve36

Been after a seiko tuna for a while but it's been an on and off love affair so after messing about I've decided to get one worst case scenario I don't like it so may be able to sell it on etc.

but been looking around for one and came across seiya in Japan who's very trustworthy and established, but noticed he has a disclaimer on his website saying that sometimes the bezel clicks or markers may not line up correctly or as precise as a swiss watch etc..... Daft question but are the watches he sells maybe factory seconds or slight qc seconds?

I know there not going to be as Gucci as a swiss watch but there well made. One the less and I've owned stacks of seiko a over the years and never had any issues, so just wondered about the disclaimer etc, after all there not a cheap watch to buy so if I'm pulling the trigger I want my money's worth and not a slight second for example.

Appreciate your thought and views fellas- does anyone own a tuna? Are they as good as their followers say??

Cheers

Steve

tonyh7

Would be amazed if there's a quality problem. Japanese quality is unusually peerless.

Mazz

Had tons of watches from them including a tuna Never a problem it's just a disclaimer.

narikaa

Its just a whiny c**t deflector shield, - wouldn't worry about it

;)

RussP

I have 3.

Not a problem whatsoever.

Workhorse like movement.

narikaa

Line caught?

Steve36

Cheers fellas .... So just a big weed covering exercise then?

These tunas as good as they say?

Is there anywhere else I can get one? Be my luck I'll get stung with customs or some other drama!!

Weed??? Hate autocorrect it was meant to say arse

WatchDog21

Is there anywhere else I can get one? Be my luck I'll get stung with customs or some other drama!!

Weed??? Hate autocorrect it was meant to say arse

The baby tuna is still on my list. I did not see the Tuna when I was looking earlier but you may want to check Amazon, Based on some of their other prices you may find a better deal there such as this one. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SC83784/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1AHBAIXI36WL3&coliid=I1ZLIR425ZWA3P

elmerlo

Hi Steve,

recently I bought three Shrouded Monsters/Baby Tunas from Creation Watches and MyWatchesHub, and fitted them with Strapcode Endmills.

All three (one was for a friend) don't have the slightest quality problem, plus, they have tremendous accuracy: the best of all the ones I have, 1-2 seconds/day.

There you go, drool:

P1020894_zps4vocpigj.jpg

P1020946_zpswqbykhz4.jpg

Steve36

Wow good looking trio there - are those slightly smaller than the prospex mm version?

Steve36

Cheers Heavy... That's the fella I'm after.. Will check them out for the best deal etc..

elmerlo

Wow good looking trio there - are those slightly smaller than the prospex mm version?

Sorry, I don't know at which Prospex you refer, but these are quite big. ;)

Clink on my signature for the reviews.

Cheers!

Steve36

Thanks gents I'll be looking into those both... Cheers

Steve36

Well chaps after reading your reviews and much chin scratching I took the plunge and bought the Seiko SBBN017 MM and can't wait to get my mitts on it... Even if it just ends up being a daily beater or wrapped up in a draw as part of my collection I now finally have one.

Only problem now is..... Which watch to get next ;)

Thanks again for the help chaps

Mazz

Get that puppy on a Isofrane strap asap

Steve36

Funny you mention that.... I've been looking at alternative straps for it today... So much choice!!!

Steve36

Ordered the black isofrane and the steel mesh straps today - but not sure on the mesh if honest

Mazz

Nope Isofrane is the only way to go. Dosent look right on mesh