Sign in to follow this  
shaunb84

What's the best quality Rep?

shaunb84

As the per the title what's the best/closest rep currently available?

elp

That's subjective .....

GoW13

Who has the best sub?

Edit says, possibly BP FFF

Edited by GoW13

Markonymous

Genuine.

Also i have the best sub, a subway tuna melt mmmmmmmmmm

black263

Why do you ask. Surely, you wouldn't buy a watch you didn't like just because it was a super rep!! And there's a clue there as to what to put in the search box. Also, please read all the links below, and you'll realise why this question is likely to get a stronger response than the gentle way I'm treating you. Just had dinner, so feeling in a good mood.

Hornet

....I'm presuming that you are asking which is closest to gen here? Or do you actually mean which is the best made?

shaunb84

I'm asking which is the closest to a gen?

shaunb84

Why do you ask. Surely, you wouldn't buy a watch you didn't like just because it was a super rep!! And there's a clue there as to what to put in the search box. Also, please read all the links below, and you'll realise why this question is likely to get a stronger response than the gentle way I'm treating you. Just had dinner, so feeling in a good mood.

I'm interested in other peoples thoughts/opinions

elp

You're not going to get an objective answer.

What do you like?

black263

That's why I suggested using the search box. That search brings up 2800 previous threads on super-reps. Getting a bit boring. I'm afraid we do expect people to do a bit of research before posting a question that has already cropped up that many times before.

Martijn0007

Some Panerai's are close, the v5/TC Sub is pretty close, some APs look quite a lot like gen.

As suggested above, just get the watch you like.

Hornet

There are numerous reps that are close to gen, these are generally termed as super reps, use that term in the search box and see what comes up.

I think you'll find it is somewhat subjective, take the minutiae of variation between noob and BP DSSD reps....

.....I'd not be looking for the best rep full stop, I'd be looking for the best rep of a watch I actually like and want to wear.

Oh and prepare for sarcasm now you've asked this.....

:rofl:

shaunb84

I like breitling Navitimers, I have a rep but it has the sunken date wheel issue which as far as I'm aware all Navitimers have.

Hornet

That's why I suggested using the search box. That search brings up 2800 previous threads on super-reps. Getting a bit boring. I'm afraid we do expect people to do a bit of research before posting a question that has already cropped up that many times before.

Sorry Black, realised I'd repeated some of what you'd already said (reinforcement technique....)

Hornet
I like breitling Navitimers, I have a rep but it has the sunken date wheel issue which as far as I'm aware all Navitimers have.

Any others you like? Does the sunken date wheel bother you? I bet 99.99% of people would never notice this....

RUSH2112

Panerai.

miren7919

Breitling super avenger reps are very good right out of the box. With a little modification they can become dead ringers for the genuine article.

black263

Questions like this take my grumpy level up to Somewhat Peeved. This is a parallel to the UK Terrorism Alert States.

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed"to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance"warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

For full details of these, and other nations' threat levels, have a look at http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/926647-alerts-to-threats-in-europe-by-john-cleese

shaunb84

Any others you like? Does the sunken date wheel bother you? I bet 99.99% of people would never notice this....

I like Breitling Bentleys, Rolex Daytona, Omega Seamaster, Tag Carrera just to name a few.

GoW13

Than you should read. And read A LOT. With this taste, you´ll FIND some good reps. But you have to read and find them yourself^^

Mattcas

Genuine.

Also i have the best sub, a subway tuna melt mmmmmmmmmm

Meatball marinara all the way....bloody tuna melt tut

shaunb84

Does anyone know if there's a Navitimer rep without the sunken date wheel issue?

Chanelton

Ask any TD to source a super rep of your choice. Your question was too broad. It's like me asking you which is the best car? Really depends what you like and your budget.

Be more specific so other members can help you. And use the search to get some education.

GoW13

READ some reviews. Than you can answer your own questions

Steve36

Googling bmt on Italian bread light mayo with everything except the tomatoes and olives is for the win, other than that I love lamp!