Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

Rep of the Year 2010-- Time To Put in Your Vote

greg_r

You need to get the rest of the family working to feed your rep addiction :lol:

I am currently trying REAL HARD not to spend another $200ish on a watch this side of Christmas - especially given that I ordered a PAM203 yesterday (a model that's been scarce for a while - I've been waiting for them to re-appear)... Problem is that there are about 4 or 5 watches I really REALLY want at the moment (and note, Luth, only one of them is a Panerai).

Emoticons - just hit the smiley face at the top of the post dialog and it'll give you a list you can click on. It will also give you the text shortcuts if you want to do it that way.

stiltzkin
OK guys - please help out a recent addict. Links to where I can buy a SOH v2 please, (or is the chrono on Lays site the one you are all referring to?). I already have a 288 in my sights, (and the 177 looks NICE - hmmmm).

Oh and it would be nice if someone could point me in the direction of Lays $88 DSSD, (as a newbie I'm assuming that's a sea dweller?), as I think I need to take a look at that and can't find it on his site.

Cheers

Tom, email Mary as I have just ordered one from her this morning... See this link...

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...mp;#entry159085

Also got the 288K on the way from Lay - Like you a recent addict and soon to be divorcee...

Tom3949

Thanks Stiltzkin - I have just come across your post and am about to forward an email to Mary.

Please no-one recommend any more stunning watches - I just can't help myself!

Is this ever going to end!?

Tom3949
You need to get the rest of the family working to feed your rep addiction :lol:

I am currently trying REAL HARD not to spend another $200ish on a watch this side of Christmas - especially given that I ordered a PAM203 yesterday (a model that's been scarce for a while - I've been waiting for them to re-appear)... Problem is that there are about 4 or 5 watches I really REALLY want at the moment (and note, Luth, only one of them is a Panerai).

Emoticons - just hit the smiley face at the top of the post dialog and it'll give you a list you can click on. It will also give you the text shortcuts if you want to do it that way.

Greg - the bug seems to have bitten me hard. I'm dreaming about the bloody things!

How sad is that!

Member X

Don't forget - your wife/girlfriend can't moan as she must have over 20 pairs of shoes and/or handbags... :D

Greg - the bug seems to have bitten me hard. I'm dreaming about the bloody things!

How sad is that!

I came round from surgery and was dreaming about my new 2010 Explorer 1... LOL :lol:

AustinTech

Damn, I must be out of date on the SOH v2. Is there a mesh bracelet available now? Can you buy it from dealers?

ebzen02

Yup.. You are hooked! I ordered a Ceramic GMTII from Lay a couple of days ago. Last month I got the 288. I am sharpening my chops for when the supposed Ultimate Pam 111 or 005 comes out.. But that will be on my imaginary 2011 budget..lol.

Member X
Damn, I must be out of date on the SOH v2. Is there a mesh bracelet available now? Can you buy it from dealers?

The rep bracelet from the dealers is MASSIVE, only suitable for freaks with 8+ inches wrists (Luthier... ;) ;)) so the best bet is either to shell out the wedge for a gen bracelet ($500+) or just get a decent non-branded mesh off ebay. They're about £30-40 or so, so not too bad ;) Check out Seikoprince! (IIRC)

AustinTech

Thanks, X!

greg_r
You need to get the rest of the family working to feed your rep addiction ;)

How sad is that!

It's normal. How do you think the rest of us became completely psychotic? it's from staying up all night looking at watch websites! ;)

As the saying goes around here - you should've stuck to crack. It's less addictive. And cheaper.

;)

AustinTech
The new BR03-88.

I'd love it if they repped the new vintage line of BRs

Member X

Now, see, I saw the 123/126s in the AD the other day, and wasn't that impressed...

The crystal stands up from the case 'vintage style' but the whole thing just doesn't hang together well enough for me!

The BR01 is a different matter though... ;)

Tom3949
OK guys - please help out a recent addict. Links to where I can buy a SOH v2 please, (or is the chrono on Lays site the one you are all referring to?). I already have a 288 in my sights, (and the 177 looks NICE - hmmmm).

Oh and it would be nice if someone could point me in the direction of Lays $88 DSSD, (as a newbie I'm assuming that's a sea dweller?), as I think I need to take a look at that and can't find it on his site.

Cheers

Tom, email Mary as I have just ordered one from her this morning... See this link...

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...mp;#entry159085

Also got the 288K on the way from Lay - Like you a recent addict and soon to be divorcee...

Guys,

Mary says she has the SOH V2 available for $288 with Swiss ETA and $228 with Asian ETA - $30 extra for the mesh bracelet. I am inclined to go for the Asian movement, (after reading comments on this site), is this what you would all recommend? Also from comments on this site it looks like Mary can be trusted implicitly, but is there any way to distingish a V2 from an earlier version?

Cheers

(and sorry that I seem to have posted against the main topic of this thread).

Member X

There are some differences with the v2 - psot the pics when it arrives and we can tell you :rofl:

Forget the mesh strap, though, unless you have massive (8"+) wrists.

I would be tempted to go for the swiss version - I've got both and the swiss has a much better action on the crown. I think the Asian stems are slightly the wrong length so they are a bit wobbly when unscrewed, and they also don't engage that well so you have to set the time, set the date, then move the crown back out to the set the time position before you can push it back it to screw it down, as otherwise the date mechanism doesn't disengage properly!

Tom3949
There are some differences with the v2 - psot the pics when it arrives and we can tell you ;)

Forget the mesh strap, though, unless you have massive (8"+) wrists.

I would be tempted to go for the swiss version - I've got both and the swiss has a much better action on the crown. I think the Asian stems are slightly the wrong length so they are a bit wobbly when unscrewed, and they also don't engage that well so you have to set the time, set the date, then move the crown back out to the set the time position before you can push it back it to screw it down, as otherwise the date mechanism doesn't disengage properly!

Thanks.

Mary has sent some pics but Outlook removed them. I'm hoping she can send them again in zipped format.

guitarbiker

Cheers

Hi. If you look at replicamakes feedback there are some pics of dssd from lay..... if you get stuck getting one i've still got a new one spare... depends where you live!

Drhulee

How quickly we forget, that 288 made us forget about the 236. At the time of its release, the general consensus was "practically indistinguishable from the gen". And that opinion was from backed up by a direct comparison with the gen by one member, and reports from other gen 236/250 owners that the quality and finish of the steel case was perfect. Only problem being slightly out of position date window.

So my vote goes to the 236 ... besides I'm not a big 288 fan, just don't like that bezel that just sticks straight up.

Dendo
Is the SOH v2 available from dealers? Last time I tried to get one, nobody had any. That would make it tough to give it my vote.

I bought one a few weeks ago from Joshua for a friend. Will actually be buying another for myself. Be careful about buying the mesh bracelet they also offer - it is not adjustable and although it fits me it does not fit smaller than 7.5 to 8 inch wrists.

best of luck

d

Tom3949

Cheers

Hi. If you look at replicamakes feedback there are some pics of dssd from lay..... if you get stuck getting one i've still got a new one spare... depends where you live!

Cheers, I'm in Liverpool, UK, but at the moment the DSSD is sitting in a queue behind a 288, SOH V2, and a 183, plus a homage chrono at Tat's site!

Happy Christmas Me!

stiltzkin

The rep bracelet from the dealers is MASSIVE, only suitable for freaks with 8+ inches wrists (Luthier... ;) :P) so the best bet is either to shell out the wedge for a gen bracelet ($500+) or just get a decent non-branded mesh off ebay. They're about £30-40 or so, so not too bad :lol: Check out Seikoprince! (IIRC)

Mr X, you had me worried there for a while as I have it ordered on a mesh bracelet without the rubber jobbie. However, just measured my wrist and pleased to report that those teen years of self abuse weren't completely wasted (even if the genetic material was). 8.25 inch wrist so fingers crossed the mesh will fit.

Member X

Freak!

:yoda: ;):lol:

Most guys seem to have no bigger than a 7" wrist, so you're clearly well endowed in the wrist department :band: lol

Tom3949

7.5" so just above average!

3xrock
Freak!

;) ;) :)

Most guys seem to have no bigger than a 7" wrist, so you're clearly well endowed in the wrist department ;) lol

10" :boxing: Maybe something that will actually fit me!!

ebzen02
Freak!

Most guys seem to have no bigger than a 7" wrist, so you're clearly well endowed in the wrist department ;) lol

Now you must take a pic of your wrist buddy..10"! Goddam!

3xrock
Freak!

Now you must take a pic of your wrist buddy..10"! Goddam!

Turns out I'm a liar, it's only 9 1/2" Couldn't get it to sit perfectly flat though so really it's about 9 1/4"

020.jpg

023-1.jpg