Sign in to follow this  
Pihlippe

What to do, when considering to give up rep's

Pihlippe

One can take a little break and buy something that can arouse interest again.

I've done that, so now I can regulate all the watches in my collection. :)

Will take a while, I believe :D

IMG_4162_zps2pp0ev2n.jpg

IMG_4168_zpsjspulz8l.jpg

Based on the readings of this titanium wolf, with swiss movement, I should perhaps be satisfied?

Cheers

machiavegli

P--I think you're good! Any better and it's an atomic clock!

-Mach

plankton

I do the same. Fun stuff

RussP

I have no idea what constitutes 'acceptable variations' in timekeeping, but those figures look good.

One day, I hope to be competent enough to take the backs off my watches and start tinkering with adjustments etc.

For now, I'll just enjoy how they look on my wrist (and in my watch box).

Good luck with your journey forward.

Kcore

Hi P, real good to see you back! Don't be satisfied. You don't want a minus beat rate as your watch will be loosing time. In the Wolf's case, about 6 sec a day. Doesn't seem like much but IMO, it's better to be at zero or a little on the positive side.

Have fun with your new toy. I just got myself one too.

Pihlippe

@Kcore Thanks, good to be back :)

Have not tried to regulate the wolf yet, but must surely be good so far.

It shows minus 6 s/d at one angle and minus 2 s/d in another. WIll not an average of the best and worst reading give aprox what it will slow down per day?

BadPickle

Nice to see you again P, thought you might be back on route66 :)

Nice to see you got some Cape cod on standby ;)

Pihlippe

Nice to see you again P, thought you might be back on route66 :)

Nice to see you got some Cape cod on standby ;)

Not route66, but did have a amazing trip to Memphis in May though

Well, too much rubbing with Cape cod made me take a break... :D

Kcore

It shows minus 6 s/d at one angle and minus 2 s/d in another. WIll not an average of the best and worst reading give aprox what it will slow down per day?

Screw the watches for mow P, more interested in who you saw and what jazz you heard in Memphis :)

GenTLe

IMG_4162_zps2pp0ev2n.jpg

IMG_4168_zpsjspulz8l.jpg

Based on the readings of this titanium wolf, with swiss movement, I should perhaps be satisfied?

Cheers

My experience so far with that machine:

1. Wear the watch (if new) for at least a week before regulating it

2. Expect to re-regulate them after2 days from the 1st regulation: if you set it on 0 sec error when face up, you will see that you will loose or gain some sec/day based on the positions and movement you do wearing it. In a couple of days (resetting the time precisely every day at same time) you will have an idea if you need to set it faster or slower of some sec/day on the machine in order to have appropriate time keeping when regularly using the watch.

3. Always test with caseback off: false readings occur often when tested with caseback on.

4. Remember to test it with both crown screwed and unscrewed to check if there are problems with the stem (applicable to screw down crown watches only)

5. On 2836 and 2824 Take out the autowind rotor and bridge (3 screws in total) to help in regulation: not always needed but often.

6. Beware not to confuse the hairspring stud (touched to regulate beat error) with gross regulator (touched to regulate s/d error). And set the micro-adjustment screw to middle position before start touching the gross regulator.

7. Be VERY careful to avoid touching the hairspring during regulation

Just my 2 cents :)

Odyseus

Personally I would rather my watches gain time and not lose it - that you way you'll never be late :)

Pihlippe

Thanks, this was useful help

User watches max for 3-4 days at a time, so it does not really matters ... :D

Cheers

My experience so far with that machine:

1. Wear the watch (if new) for at least a week before regulating it

2. Expect to re-regulate them after2 days from the 1st regulation: if you set it on 0 sec error when face up, you will see that you will loose or gain some sec/day based on the positions and movement you do wearing it. In a couple of days (resetting the time precisely every day at same time) you will have an idea if you need to set it faster or slower of some sec/day on the machine in order to have appropriate time keeping when regularly using the watch.

3. Always test with caseback off: false readings occur often when tested with caseback on.

4. Remember to test it with both crown screwed and unscrewed to check if there are problems with the stem (applicable to screw down crown watches only)

5. On 2836 and 2824 Take out the autowind rotor and bridge (3 screws in total) to help in regulation: not always needed but often.

6. Beware not to confuse the hairspring stud (touched to regulate beat error) with gross regulator (touched to regulate s/d error). And set the micro-adjustment screw to middle position before start touching the gross regulator.

7. Be VERY careful to avoid touching the hairspring during regulation

Just my 2 cents :)

Thanks, this was useful help

Use watches max for 3-4 days at a time, so it does not really matters ... :D

Pihlippe

Screw the watches for mow P, more interested in who you saw and what jazz you heard in Memphis :)

Well you know

, so there was not so much jazz.

My friend who play's in a bluesband , invited me over to Memphis, related to the re opening of the Blues Hall of Fame.

We had also got us a table at the Blues Music Awards show. That was just awesome!!

Beale street in Memphis is also a must to experience for anyone who likes blues, jazz and rock'n roll.

Biker night on Wednesdays is also something to watch.... :)

I will definitely visit Memphis again sometime soon!

Kcore

Well you know

, so there was not so much jazz.

My friend who play's in a bluesband , invited me over to Memphis, related to the re opening of the Blues Hall of Fame.

We had also got us a table at the Blues Music Awards show. That was just awesome!!

Beale street in Memphis is also a must to experience for anyone who likes blues, jazz and rock'n roll.

Biker night on Wednesdays is also something to watch.... :)

I will definitely visit Memphis again sometime soon!

WOW, sounds like a fantastic trip!

If I wasn't on a portable I'd give myself a double facepalm :facepalm for me forgetting you're a true bluesman.

UmpaHimself

:lmao: nice!. Been thinking about getting one too. Just got a demagnetizer myself

amedman

If you own more than a couple of reps and you do the smallest of reoairs this is a must have tool. Really worth the money. I can't believe I waited so long to get one.