Sign in to follow this  
Tom3949

Breitling SOH V2

Tom3949

Guys,

After perusing the Best Rep of 2010 thread, and briefly hi-jacking it, I thought it best to start another topic here as I need help, (literally and mentally at the moment!).

I am already definitley going to put in an order for a PAM 288, but the feedback on the SOH V2, (I don't know what the 'H' means by the way!), has got me yearning for one. However, as 'THE' model seems to be scarce I want to make sure I buy the right one, and not an earlier version or a later hybrid - which seems to be referred to as a V1.5 by those in the know here. I have e-mailed Mary, Mark and Lay about availability and so far only Mary has got back to me, (but I can understand that everyone is going to be mad busy at the moment). Mary tried to send me some pics, but Outlook blocked them and I am still waiting to see if she can send them in zipped format, (and if she does I will probably make a hash of uploading the things!).

Mary has quoted me $228 for the watch with an Asian ETA movement and $288 with a Swiss one. I was going to opt for the Asian ETA, but some feedback indicates that the Swiss is the one to go for - and if Swiss is in the 'holy grail' watch referred to in the 2010 best rep thread then Swiss it will be!

Although I haven't got pics from Mary yet I noticed that she does have Superocean ETA 2824-2 V2 on her website, (for $283 as opposed to $288 strangely enough), here:

http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...roducts_id=2131

... and was wondering if any of you can identify this as a V2 or not. From the feedback here I trust Mary implicitly but it seems that if you don't know exactly what you are looking for it would be easy to confuse a V2 with a later 'hybrid' model.

If anyone can help a new addict make sure he gets the right fix I would be very grateful.

:Talking Ear Off:

AllergyDoc

"H" = "Heritage"

barkingtoad

Mary has pics of the SOHv2 somewhere in her section on here but she can only get the blue one

Mik
... and was wondering if any of you can identify this as a V2 or not. From the feedback here I trust Mary implicitly but it seems that if you don't know exactly what you are looking for it would be easy to confuse a V2 with a later 'hybrid' model.

Far from being an expert, but the way I see it, v1 has a wrong dial.

In v2 the "p" in SuperOcean Italic almost touches the "a" in AUTOMATIC. In v1 was far to the right (about 1mm, over the "U" :Talking Ear Off: )...

BTW, "H" is for "Heritage". This model was launched in 1957, thats why the logo is the same used in the 50's.

Check this for a v1:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/super...itage-46-black/

and this for the correct logo:

http://www.breitling.com/pt/index.php#/mod...an-heritage-46/

Just to close, don't ask me how many people will notice that, know that AND if so, have the chance to chack that while the watch is on your wrist... but I think is for the sake of perfection...

Regards,

M

Tom3949

Far from being an expert, but the way I see it, v1 has a wrong dial.

In v2 the "p" in SuperOcean Italic almost touches the "a" in AUTOMATIC. In v1 was far to the right (about 1mm, over the "U" :Talking Ear Off: )...

BTW, "H" is for "Heritage". This model was launched in 1957, thats why the logo is the same used in the 50's.

Check this for a v1:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/super...itage-46-black/

and this for the correct logo:

http://www.breitling.com/pt/index.php#/mod...an-heritage-46/

Just to close, don't ask me how many people will notice that, know that AND if so, have the chance to chack that while the watch is on your wrist... but I think is for the sake of perfection...

Regards,

M

Thanks Mik

barkingtoad

This is what you want

1d8fbe5b.jpg

b73e2077.jpg

Tom3949

I know!!!!!

Tom3949

Thanks Akira. I have just received pictures from Mary, and they are the same ones as disclosed in this thread. I have also bugged her on the 'p' to 'A' detail(!) to make sure I do get the right one, (which no doubt you will all let me know about when I post the pics here). I have just put my order in and am waiting for payment details.

It's Christmas!

:lol:

mondeov6

Thanks Akira. I have just received pictures from Mary, and they are the same ones as disclosed in this thread. I have also bugged her on the 'p' to 'A' detail(!) to make sure I do get the right one, (which no doubt you will all let me know about when I post the pics here). I have just put my order in and am waiting for payment details.

It's Christmas!

Great choice Tom!! You will love the watch. It is a real beauty! ;)

Congrats!!

Luthier
Although I haven't got pics from Mary yet I noticed that she does have Superocean ETA 2824-2 V2 on her website, (for $283 as opposed to $288 strangely enough)

All Swiss ETA became more expensive AFTER Mary posted this SOH offer in her section.

Everyone knows it.

Tom3949
Don't forget that Mary's website does not reflect the latest versions of what she can get, only her QC pics can do that :popcorn:

This is what I consider the definitive v1 / v2 differences thread: http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/107167-super...age-comparison/

Cheers MX

And for anyone who is interested I found the following thread on the SOH V2 in a Breitling forum:

http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/view...686&start=0

Member X

haha Interesting to note that the date font changes in the gen too, so it's not really a tell in the reps! That guy has his own site on reps too:

http://f4buz.com/watches/breitling/fakes/soh.html

If you got it relumed properly, it seriously would pass all inspections bar taking the back off IMHO :popcorn:

stiltzkin
Don't forget that Mary's website does not reflect the latest versions of what she can get, only her QC pics can do that :popcorn:

This is what I consider the definitive v1 / v2 differences thread: http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/107167-super...age-comparison/

Thanks - that is one helpful review....

What has happened to your profile pic Mr. X?

Member X

I don't know, I wondered that earlier! lol

I will have to put a new one up anyway, I don't wear the IWC much now!

greg_r

looks like the imageshack server it's hosted on is down...

Tom3949

While I'm waiting for Mary to get some payment details over to me for the SOH V2, I just received my $99 Pam 111 from Robert today. My first rep! A stunner! And before some clever dick posts it:

When I get some time I will take some pics and put my opinion down in print, but for the moment it's Christmas Eve, I've necked half a bottle of chardonnay and a full bottle of Gewertztraminer and have to cook for the in laws tomorrow so as you can imagine watch reviews are currently on hold! But if this is what you get for $99 ...

:boobies2:

Happy Days!

Happy Christmas Everybody!

(... and I'm so glad I managed to join this happy band!)

Luthier
I've necked half a bottle of chardonnay and a full bottle of Gewertztraminer and have to cook for the in laws tomorrow...

And you perfectly deserve it for mixing red Chardonnay with white Gewürztraminer .

:rofl:

greg_r
While I'm waiting for Mary to get some payment details over to me for the SOH V2, I just received my $99 Pam 111 from Robert today. My first rep! A stunner! And before some clever dick posts it:

When I get some time I will take some pics and put my opinion down in print, but for the moment it's Christmas Eve, I've necked half a bottle of chardonnay and a full bottle of Gewertztraminer and have to cook for the in laws tomorrow so as you can imagine watch reviews are currently on hold! But if this is what you get for $99 ...

Happy Days!

Happy Christmas Everybody!

(... and I'm so glad I managed to join this happy band!)

hehe - those cheapie PAMs are just ridiculously good value. Enjoy! :D

Oh, and:

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Christmas or no, it's the rules :rofl:

Tom3949

Thank you 'Richard' of above average intelligence!

Tom3949

I'm in the middle of cooking Christmas Dinner at the moment so shouldn't really be posting on the forum but ...

Anyway I'm about to pay Mary for the SOH V2 but she hasn't confirmed to me that it is THE V2 she can get. The new SOH on her site isn't a V2, as I now understand the 'p' in 'super' should touch and align with the 'A' in automatic, and the watch on her site has the 'p' over the 'u' in automatic, (so V1, V1.5?). She also said she can only get blue and she will pick one up from the factory - but I thought the V2 wasn't being made any more? I'm probably being a little bit paranoid over this but I just want to make sure I get the right watch. I should probably drop her another email and get her to confirm the 'p' to 'A' bit - or see if she can send me a piccy of the watch she is going to send.

Anyway enough of my ranting - back to cooking!

Happy Christmas everyone.

greg_r

Mary has been able to supply the V2 to others recently so you should be fine. Just ask her to send a pic once she's got it to be sure.

Tom3949
Mary has been able to supply the V2 to others recently so you should be fine. Just ask her to send a pic once she's got it to be sure.

Just got them!

And YES I will post them as soon as I get the chance!

Happy Bunny!

:)

And here they are:

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

Edited by Tom3949