Sign in to follow this  
Tom3949

Breitling SOH V2

Member X

Turn it over and you can see some indentations marking out sections at the deployant ends - you have to remove the deployant and cut it to length!

Only do it one section at a time though - it's easy to cut bits off but impossible to add length on again... LoL

Del
Turn it over and you can see some indentations marking out sections at the deployant ends - you have to remove the deployant and cut it to length!

Only do it one section at a time though - it's easy to cut bits off but impossible to add length on again... LoL

This is one strap sizing job that you only get one chance to get it right :) :).

(Good luck :).)

midasmook
Anybody out there know how to adjust the rubber strap on the SOH?

Probably just me but I can't figure it out!

No it's not you these are very complicated, I got mine when they first came out and had to take it to a local jeweler who had to pass it on to someone who had to pass it onto..,you get the picture.

Anyway the good news is here is an article on how to do it.....

http://www.breitlingsource.com/articles_oceanracer.shtml

Tom3949

Thanks guys. Any tips on removing the deployment - and should I be considering any special tools?

greg_r

They're not complicated at all to adjust. All it takes is a spring bar tool (to remove the deployant) and a very sharp craft knife. The strap has markers cut into it - just take off one small piece at a time until it's the right length. Take care to cut the strap absolutely straight as the holes for re-mounting the deployant are very close to the cutting points. Also be careful not to take off too much at a time! Patience pays off with this one :)

A little bit of care and about 15 minutes should see the job done.

Member X
and a very sharp craft knife.

Or, if you haven't got one, a sharp carving knife on the wooden chopping board in the kitchen... :)

greg_r

Or, if you haven't got one, a sharp carving knife on the wooden chopping board in the kitchen... :)

ouch. Risky. Blade is going to be too thick. Much more likely to cut slightly askew if you're a bit ham-fisted. A cheap craft knife (the type you can clip off the end of the blade when it goes blunt) is a much safer bet.

Tom3949

Excellent!

Thanks for the advice everyone. Probably should be a caveat when buying one of these little puppies that an amount of fiddling is going to be required before you can wear it!

I also bought the mesh bracelet off Mary but somehow I don't think it and my 7.5" wrists are going to get along. I think it will have to be an aftermarket jobbie if I want to go down that route.

Edited by Tom3949

Member X

Or, if you haven't got one, a sharp carving knife on the wooden chopping board in the kitchen... ;)

ouch. Risky. Blade is going to be too thick. Much more likely to cut slightly askew if you're a bit ham-fisted. A cheap craft knife (the type you can clip off the end of the blade when it goes blunt) is a much safer bet.

Bah, worked alright on mine ;) ;)

Any thin sharp blade should be fine! :)

greg_r

Or, if you haven't got one, a sharp carving knife on the wooden chopping board in the kitchen... ;)

Bah, worked alright on mine ;) ;)

Hey, I just used a machete on mine, but you needz el33t ninja skillz fer that! :)

sconehead
A little bit of care and about 15 minutes should see the job done.

So speaks '4 fingered Greg'...:unsure: