Phwtan

PAM318 or PAM247 as first Panerai rep - thoughts?

Phwtan

Hi,

I've been looking to get a Panerai and have been researching for a while.

I've been looking ideally in the luminor range with the second hand at 9, with no date, with manual wind.

I'm after a super-rep and was quite keen on the noob PAM111 v3 with asian movt with incabloc mod after doing some reading.

But after some additional reading, decided that that there would be several tells on the glassback movement as I can't imagine a rep movement would be finished anywhere as nicely as a gen and that all it would take is some misprinted colour printing of the brand, for example, to give it away, in addition to issues with the swan neck, etc.

So then I decided that a covered case back would be the way to go, so I pored through ALE's PAM reference guide and given my criteria above, managed to find 2 models that fit my criteria:

PAM 318 (N factory)

PAM 247 (H factory)

What are your thoughts on these 2 models?

Anybody have one of these, and if so, how do you rate it?

What are the major and minor tells?

Are there any other luminor super reps out there I should be considering?

Thanks!

Daywatch

Hi, only 20 Ferrettis have been made: from Ale´s PAM Guide: but the rep will be simply a PAM 111 with a hardly credible solidengraved Ferretti Caseback. For this reason we think it is a First Class repBORDERING Super rep statusinstead of a Super rep. Up to you.

Therefore you had better buying anexcellent PAM 111 from Noob or H maker!!

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/107365-quot-Reference-PAM-REVIEW-GUIDE-quot-Replica-Search-Identification-Evaluation-amp-Selection

I´d get the 111 or wait for the newest release very, very soon, think it will be an improved swan-neck, think the 127 but check on it. Have fun

Phwtan

Thanks for the pointers! I wasn't aware that the next version was being released so soon...any idea when?

What are your thoughts on the PAM005 noob version?

greg_r

Thanks for the pointers! I wasn't aware that the next version was being released so soon...any idea when?

What are your thoughts on the PAM005 noob version?

Stick with sandwich dials (111, 177 etc) if you're anal about accuracy to gen. The lume on the sausage dials is never quite 'flat' enough against the surface of the dial.